* * * * - 3 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#3391 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9178 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

Noticed a couple SSB series amiibo really cheap at target.com.  Red Card members get 5% off and free shipping:

Lucas - $5.69

http://www.target.co...re/-/A-24012020

R.O.B. Famicom colors - $6.99

http://www.target.co...re/-/A-49157953

#3392 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

YMMV indeed. I was at a store that had all those on clearance at those prices except that the one I wanted most (Kirby) was still $9.xx. I picked it up anyway just in case since of all that series it is the only one that isn't cheap on Amazon. I was so tempted to pick up a Ryu even though I already have it. I'm going to check on Monday for the Splatoon pack to be cheaper - I'd definitely buy that with another drop.

And today brickseek is telling me that all locations near me have them discounted at 9.08. Not true in store though. They ring for 12.99 still. wp Target wp

Just starting your amiibo collection? Can't find earlier wave figures? I can help. Send me a PM.

#3393 evilomar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

Has NOA confirmed that the Monster Hunter amiibo will hit State side?

A show where four friends that are older and not necessarily wiser discuss comics, toys and all around geeky topics:

#3394 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11126 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:21 AM

Still waits for NERO, Bayonetta and Cloud.  Nintendo did not give what's FANS wanted.  Possible they release Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition on NX along with 3-6 new characters next year! Just only 3 left and i finished my collection. 

"Evil is Funs"

#3395 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

Sooner or later, we will have to be the ones who DELETE Nintendo. This is just crazy now

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#3396 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4665 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

OK Fuck it.  Apparently we're not getting a Robin/Lucina reprint, and I'm tired of being 2 down in an otherwise complete collection.  I don't care the version (have a so far complete US set, but open (I carefully cut away the bubbles at the bottom so I could repackage them to look sealed if desired in the future, cuz I think the packaging just looks snazzy).

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version?  Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.

For Trade: Humble Fodder (Sheltered), want Humble Fodder (Van Helsing) http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#3397 hiflyer555   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

hiflyer555

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version? Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.

If you don't care about region, Play-Asia has Lucina and Robin for 19.99 each, but their shipping price and timeline might otherwise turn you off from them.

Edit - just saw that you're indifferent to region. I believe the Lucina is Japanese, and Robin European.

#3398 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

OK Fuck it.  Apparently we're not getting a Robin/Lucina reprint, and I'm tired of being 2 down in an otherwise complete collection.  I don't care the version (have a so far complete US set, but open (I carefully cut away the bubbles at the bottom so I could repackage them to look sealed if desired in the future, cuz I think the packaging just looks snazzy).

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version?  Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.

thats actually a good price. i just checked ebay. US versions of Lucina are going for around $40. WOW!

#3399 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Ordered Isabelle Winter ver Amiibo last night from Amazon at $4.32.

Alternatively I could have got her with the AC Amiibo Festival set from BB for $16 after GCU, but then I would have AC Amiibo Festival :\

#3400 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4665 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Thanks all.  There also seem to be a decent number of European and Japanese Robin and Lucina's available via ebay for ~20.00 shipped free.

For Trade: Humble Fodder (Sheltered), want Humble Fodder (Van Helsing) http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#3401 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

I still keep hoping I'll see a one more Lucina in the preowned pile at GameStop. For something like that to happen, it would require GS associates that don't recognize what was traded and for (really any) preowned amiibo to stick around for more than 48 hours. Fat chance.

Just starting your amiibo collection? Can't find earlier wave figures? I can help. Send me a PM.

#3402 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

Was it confirmed about no re-prints for Robin and Lucina? I can't believe Gamestop didn't jump on these and make them used.

#3403 Recxs   CAG FAN CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

Where have you guys been? Lucina Is getting a restock. CPSIA was recently updated, along with Palutena . Possibly coming for the holiday rush like last year. Nothing on Robin, however. That means they'll be msrp (or clearance if they sit long enough) if nintendo makes plenty, like every other amiibo released in the past year.

Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#3404 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4665 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

Oh good I totally hadn't heard that.  If they do the rumored Smash NX, I assume it too would have Amiibo support, so maybe they'll re-release everything to allow people just getting it to get them too?

Or they could be completely evil and release the entire series over again in terms of characters, but in different poses, to truly drive the collectors nuts...

#3405 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

I'm hoping they release Smash NX with basic support for the original amiibo, then "advanced" support for amiibo 2.0 which are all essentially the same poses as the originals ^_^

Thirty Seven

#3406 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

I want another pose. There are tons of trophies with various poses from all the Smash games. Just make them do all the same Amiibo functionality, though, so I can just choose poses I really want.

#3407 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21010 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Where have you guys been? Lucina Is getting a restock. CPSIA was recently updated, along with Palutena . Possibly coming for the holiday rush like last year. Nothing on Robin, however. That means they'll be msrp (or clearance if they sit long enough) if nintendo makes plenty, like every other amiibo released in the past year.

While I'm glad to hear this, WTF took them so fucking long? They figured out Marth needed a reprint and announced it after a few months of release. Even though they took forever to actually get stock rolling out, at least they acknowledge the reprint early on. They took over a year to just announce a Lucina reprint that unlike Marth, who was around for a few weeks before he became obscure, she was nearly impossible to even pre-order. I'm hoping Robin gets a reprint as well. 

Oh good I totally hadn't heard that.  If they do the rumored Smash NX, I assume it too would have Amiibo support, so maybe they'll re-release everything to allow people just getting it to get them too?

Or they could be completely evil and release the entire series over again in terms of characters, but in different poses, to truly drive the collectors nuts...

I'm curious to know if Amiibo are as profitable as they used to be. I mean, the hype is dead and everything goes on clearance these days... but they keep making/releasing new lines so I guess they're still making money on them. But for some reason, they refuse to finish up the Smash line.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3408 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

While I'm glad to hear this, WTF took them so fucking long? They figured out Marth needed a reprint and announced it after a few months of release. Even though they took forever to actually get stock rolling out, at least they acknowledge the reprint early on. They took over a year to just announce a Lucina reprint that unlike Marth, who was around for a few weeks before he became obscure, she was nearly impossible to even pre-order. I'm hoping Robin gets a reprint as well. 

I'm curious to know if Amiibo are as profitable as they used to be. I mean, the hype is dead and everything goes on clearance these days... but they keep making/releasing new lines so I guess they're still making money on them. But for some reason, they refuse to finish up the Smash line.

I was surprised they continued the Mario party line after the less than stellar sales of that game and the disaster of the animal crossing Amiibo series.
I have enjoyed picking these up preowned at GameStop with the b2g3 free sale

#3409 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

I'm sure they are reevaluating their business, especially production run #s, and deciding what will sell well.  We'll probably see the rest of the Smash characters during Christmas. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3410 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

I'm sure they are reevaluating their business, especially production run #s, and deciding what will sell well.  We'll probably see the rest of the Smash characters during Christmas. 

The only thing they have reevaluated is painting splatoon characters a different color and hoping someone will buy them instead of not buying anything from them until Cloud and Bayonetta are released as intended.  I've even seen neck beards at the local gamestops turn there nose up to their fedora and refuse to buy them.   When they can't even get a neck beard to purchase, you know somebody at Nintendo f'd up.

#3411 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

I was surprised they continued the Mario party line after the less than stellar sales of that game and the disaster of the animal crossing Amiibo series.
I have enjoyed picking these up preowned at GameStop with the b2g3 free sale

But the initial Mario Party line was all repeats from Smash, except Toad. There are much better ones that will sell this time. You can't compare that to Animal Crossing (or even Kirby).

#3412 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:11 AM

The funniest part about all of this were the armchair CEOs that all insisted Nintendo done screwed up good by under-estimating the demand.  How if they made enough for demand they would be doing soo much better.  Well now they have met demand and retailers have to clearance them out.  And not just the Animal Crossing ones, I've seen many of the ones thought to be popular going on clearance.  The thing that was propping up the craze was the rarity, now that they aren't rare (many of them that is), only people that like them want them.

If they are re-evaluating the business, they need to ignore the people that were screaming for them to up numbers and do big re-prints.  Everyone wanted Marth until everyone could get Marth, then no one cared.

#3413 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1098 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:26 AM

So my local Target has a bunch of the Splatoon amiibo figures for 50% off on clearance. These things worth a damn?
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#3414 Recxs   CAG FAN CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:37 AM

They are completely worthless, but it is nice to add to the collection at a low price. Especially if you like the Splatoon series. Who knows, maybe they'll be even cheaper during Black Friday. I'm weak and bought them now.

Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#3415 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   10800 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:47 AM

At this point, I'm glad for a relatively high diversity within the figure line, that rather than lots of lazy repaints, they're been an actually pretty significant amount of diversity, and they've gone pretty deep into the rosters of some games. 

#3416 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9178 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

The only thing they have reevaluated is painting splatoon characters a different color and hoping someone will buy them instead of not buying anything from them until Cloud and Bayonetta are released as intended.  I've even seen neck beards at the local gamestops turn there nose up to their fedora and refuse to buy them.   When they can't even get a neck beard to purchase, you know somebody at Nintendo f'd up.

I would think that Splatoon is a series that "neckbeards" couldn't give two shits about, that's why the lack of interest from that segment of the buying population anyway.  They will go crazy for the last 3 Smash characters though.

#3417 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

^
I'm fairly certain he's cabable of working that out on his own, but wanted to inject his characteristic "neckbeard" nonsense into this page of the thread anyway.

Cool, cheapo Lucina incoming. Actually, I'm up for a new pose. (But that might be because I already have a NiB and a custom painted Lucy.) I do prefer the look of New Kirby to Old Kirby--if only functionality was the same.

Guys, I just want some Pokémon amiibo. Guess Nintendo can't convince the Pokémon Company to go for it.

#3418 kixalot   I like Bacon! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

kixalot

#3419 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

...30th anniversary Zelda Amiibos

why did u have to post that?   ;)

in for 3 more

#3420 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

Guess I'm going to have to get that yarn dog amiibo as well... there you go again Nintendo.  Obviously those new Zelda amiibo will be purchased as well -- that OoT one looks amazing! Please post pre-order links once available if you guys see 'em anywhere too :)

Check My LIST HERE if you've got some things you're looking to part ways with and want to make some $$!