* * * * - 3 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#3961 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

:wii: Skylanders SuperChargers Dark Edition Starter Pack - $14.99 at TRU

Only way to get the Dark Bowser Amiibo. Orders over $19 ship free.

They had this at a similar price in early December when TRU was running their "get $10 in r rewards" for using the in store pick up option. It's a great deal

#3962 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Drat, I missed out on pre-ordering the new Zelda series of amiibo. They went live on Amazon last night, while I was out and about. Now I'll have to actually show up at a store on launch day. I had been hoping to avoid that.

#3963 girlracer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Drat, I missed out on pre-ordering the new Zelda series of amiibo. They went live on Amazon last night, while I was out and about. Now I'll have to actually show up at a store on launch day. I had been hoping to avoid that.

Best Buy still has them up and Amazon will come back I'm sure they are not sold out

#3964 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

Best Buy still has them up and Amazon will come back I'm sure they are not sold out

Are the BOTW amiibo bigger? I didn't watch the treehouse and I'm trying to figure out why they are more expensive.  They look more detailed but that is an impressive price bump

#3965 Kyle1022  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Don't you guys remember the same thing happened with the Zelda Amiibos that released a couple months ago? Preorders kept getting sold out and put back up again, and despite that they have been easy to get ever since they launched

#3966 arthas045  

arthas045

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 AM

B1G1 free at Toys R Us this week. I caught the deals from Best Buy at the very last second today... They were marking up the Amiibos for the week. Got Mega Man and Pit for 9.99 each and used the 10 bucks off email....

#3967 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12791 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted Yesterday, 03:31 AM

Those new Zelda amiibo look nice but the increased price tag is hard to swallow.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#3968 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 AM

Hm.. Wonder if I could combine the BOGO with the clearance prices at the Toys R Us that's closing in my area.

#3969 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:22 AM

Those new Zelda amiibo look nice but the increased price tag is hard to swallow.

Did I miss the pricetag?! How much are they?

I stopped collecting with the recent Mario and Zelda amiibo. They largely seemed redundant, and the new characters have become cheap since launch.

Thirty Seven

#3970 tonyxvx  

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 AM

Did I miss the pricetag?! How much are they?

I stopped collecting with the recent Mario and Zelda amiibo. They largely seemed redundant, and the new characters have become cheap since launch.

$15.99 for the four regular, $19.99 for the huge Guardian with opposable arm things.

#3971 outcast529   <3 CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 AM

I grabbed the Wind Waker Toon Link/Zelda 2-pack along with the Splatoon Callie/Marie 2-pack as part of the BOGO sale at Toys R Us since it seems like Best Buy doesn't carry them anymore.

$25.99 before tax (only $6.50 per figure) with free shipping, so not too shabby.

#3972 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:52 PM

$15.99 for the four regular, $19.99 for the huge Guardian with opposable arm things.

damn. NOA should have gone the other way - $9.99 MSRP - with the easy availability of these.

#3973 NintendoCleveland   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

NintendoCleveland

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

I grabbed the Wind Waker Toon Link/Zelda 2-pack along with the Splatoon Callie/Marie 2-pack as part of the BOGO sale at Toys R Us since it seems like Best Buy doesn't carry them anymore.

$25.99 before tax (only $6.50 per figure) with free shipping, so not too shabby.

Thanks for the tip; I got the same thing today in-store along with the 8-bit Link and the OoT Link.  $40 + tax for six of the newer Amiibo sounds like a great deal for me!

#3974 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Hm.. Wonder if I could combine the BOGO with the clearance prices at the Toys R Us that's closing in my area.

Nope. They wound up coming up to $12.60. I'm not crazy about Amiibo in the first place, so I didn't feel like spending that much right now.

It's a shame too; I found a Gold Mario and (regular) Luigi that someone tucked away. Getting both for under $7 would have been sweet.

#3975 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

I finished up the newer mario party Amiibo set and grabbed the ocarina link and windwaker pack which I combined with a lego scooby team pack. Nice deals. Thanks for the heads up. I don't care much for the 8 bit link but I would still buy it if was a little cheaper.

#3976 Kyle1022  

Posted Yesterday, 10:56 PM

I don't care much for the 8 bit link but I would still buy it if was a little cheaper.

*reads username and sees Clash at Demonhead profile picture*

Something's not adding up...  :-k

#3977 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

*reads username and sees Clash at Demonhead profile picture*

Something's not adding up...  :-k

The nose creeps me out. It's correct for the game but 2d doesn't always translate to 3d

#3978 Sky Ray   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   633 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

Got myself Ness and Samus for the TRU BOGO. I have been wanting to get both for awhile now.

#3979 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:23 PM

Gonna hit TRU today in search of an 8-bit Link. Might bundle it with one of the newer Super Mario series if they have them. 

joshTX.png