* * * - - 6 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#7051 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

I've avoided the amiibo scene for a damn long time now, basically ever since the SSB collection finished. However, I just scored a store kiosk, and I'm thinking I will change out the amiibo in the display once I get it properly mounted on the wall. My unit has Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Series, Link and Pikachu from the SSB series, and an AC amiibo card in the middle. I'm thinking I will reload it with an 8-bit Mario in the middle, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Samus. Nintendo applied a velcro strip to the bottom of the amiibo to ensure they stood upright within the display which should be fairly easy to replicate with a visit to Michael's or Hobby Lobby. 

If you want to salvage those display Amiibo, you can get the velcro off with some heat. I got a SMB Bowser from our Nintendo rep a while back, and was able to clean it up with a hair dryer. Maybe not the Amiibo card though.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#7052 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

Going to check a few more best buy stores tomorrow and see if I can track anymore down. The gcu discount is great when buying amiibos.
If I can't find any soon. I will see what the final cost will be to ship them.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#7053 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1821 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Going to check a few more best buy stores tomorrow and see if I can track anymore down. The gcu discount is great when buying amiibos.
If I can't find any soon. I will see what the final cost will be to ship them.

You might have to ask them where they put the remaining amiibo stock since Labo is replacing them in the Nintendo section this week.