* * * - - 6 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#7801 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Lol just got home from pre-ordering gold Shovel Knight in store at gamestop. Oh well, gonna get at BB with GCU and just cancel the gamestop order next time i'm there.

EDIT: Strike that. Not available for in-store pickup at BB. Stick with gamestop for now.

Bestbuy has added the release date and store pick up option.

#7802 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30649 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:01 PM

Bestbuy has added the release date and store pick up option.

Thanks man, bought one.

#7803 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12640 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

Thank God for Best Buy and GCU (if you still have it).  I preorder all amiibo now there, especially after the SSB Isabelle fiasco.  Didn't realize Nintendo would release them with such small quantities again, as they did with Isabelle.

#7804 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11362 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

Shovel Knight Gold Edition will be Unicorn after 1 week.  Thinking to pick up 2 for the hell out of it and re-sell them for $100 around x-mas ;)

#7805 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14107 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

In for the new releases at BB with GCU.

#7806 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:16 AM

Ug looks like my gcu just expired

#7807 tinypoem   CAG Veteran & Hand Model CAGiversary!   619 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

Lol just got home from pre-ordering gold Shovel Knight in store at gamestop. Oh well, gonna get at BB with GCU and just cancel the gamestop order next time i'm there.

EDIT: Strike that. Not available for in-store pickup at BB. Stick with gamestop for now.

Its available for in-store pickup at BB now.

#7808 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5427 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

It stings not having GCU. 

I have been having horrible luck finding Amiibo in-store.  At this point, wish Nintendo would make Amiibo trading cards.

Those counterfeit ones on nfc compatible cards and wafer discs are starting to look nice.

#7809 Luigi007  

Luigi007

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

Shovel-Knight-Treasure-Trove-3-Pack-amiibo.jpeg Why do I feel this amiibo set has been forever on a pre-order status?

Did this ever get released? 

https://www.gamestop...AyABEgI74fD_BwE

#7810 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

Shovel-Knight-Treasure-Trove-3-Pack-amiibo.jpegWhy do I feel this amiibo set has been forever on a pre-order status?

No it didnt. I have pre order at bestbuy from mid 2017 lol. One of these years it will get released.

#7811 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1337 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

They said December this year but if course it could get pushed back.

#7812 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:53 PM

OOT Link is up for preorder on Gamestop with a 9/27 release date. I missed out the first time, think the only Zelda amiibo I'm missing now is Toon Zelda.

https://www.gamestop...e/10136541.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#7813 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

OOT Link is up for preorder on Gamestop with a 9/27 release date. I missed out the first time, think the only Zelda amiibo I'm missing now is Toon Zelda.

That is my favorite amiibo. Super detailed, and the best looking Link they've made.

So, have the Link amiibos gotten a reprint? I noticed a lot of ebay sellers from Japan now have Japanese OOT, Skyward, and Twilight Links in stock. Majora's Mask is back at Bestbuy, and now OOT at Gamestop.

I really hope so :bouncy:

edit: Found a bit more info

http://If you're loo...Urbosa - Revali

and

https://en-americas-...s-of-compliance

It looks like it's the ones we've seen so far, plus 8-bit Link and Archer for US releases.

#7814 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

attachicon.gifShovel-Knight-Treasure-Trove-3-Pack-amiibo.jpegWhy do I feel this amiibo set has been forever on a pre-order status?

At this rate, Brexit will happen before these Amiibos get released! Sheesh!

#7815 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

At this rate, Brexit will happen before these Amiibos get released! Sheesh!

It goes back to how much slack people are giving Yacht Club over delays.  Yes, the game is great but they really need to get their project plan and scope creep under control.  King of Cards was shown in gameplay before those Amiibo were announced, well over 2 years ago.  Then they said "We're going to give you Showdown and Cards at the same time next April, then they delayed that until December now I guess.  I read somewhere that King of Cards (and obviously the Amiibo) have been done a while but they wanted to do a combined retail release so we are stuck waiting for Shovel Smash Bros. and Shovel Hearthstone because marketing wants a single all inclusive SKU to justify making retail $40.

It annoys me because Shovel Knight is a single player side scroller and we could have been enjoying that last chapter by now, not waiting for completely different genre games to be packed in.  Sure they will be welcome, but that's not why people bought Shovel Knight and could always be patched in later to fulfill the stretch goal.  Oh and by the way, if you have a Vita or 3DS to play it, you are waiting for nothing because they won't have Showdown.

#7816 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30649 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:50 AM

Was told I couldn't pre-order the Ocarina Link amiibo in Gamestop. Their pre-order systems make no sense sometimes.

#7817 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6485 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

It goes back to how much slack people are giving Yacht Club over delays. 

What do you want people to do? I don't think there is any realistic thing you can do but wait. I rather have a good game than a rushed bad game.

#7818 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

What do you want people to do? I don't think there is any realistic thing you can do but wait. I rather have a good game than a rushed bad game.

I expect them to create an achievable, measurable project plan and stick to it.  I do it at my job all the time and have deadlines to meet on development, it isn't all that hard to do, especially when you don't have big clients demanding you bring the dates forward.  They set expectations, then let scope creep and marketing get the best of them.  Customers should not just accept that, especially since we already gave them our money.  Already paid customers are being forced to wait for content in order to provide a more expensive and appetizing package to new customers.

And Shovel Knight King of Cards is hardly going to be a "bad" game regardless.  This mentality is exactly what I was talking about.  That old stupid quote from Miyamoto has warped people's brains.  Just because a game is delayed, doesn't mean it will be good (ahem, Mighty No. 9), and just because they push to meet a schedule does not mean it will be bad and extra time does not equate to improvement.  What Miyamoto meant that is literally lost in translation is that additional time can improve a game, not that people should consider it a guarantee.  He was giving solace to people waiting for OoT and people have gone on to equate the quality of that game to all delayed games.

Showdown should never have been combined with King of Cards.  Their dev team couldn't handle it within a reasonable timeframe that they defined.  Keep in mind the original date estimate of the Amiibo and King of Cards was late 2017 to early 2018 and that was before the "not so set in stone" April date.

#7819 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6485 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Okay customers should not accept it, so what is going to happen after the customer decide to not accept it? Do you get your game right after you said no?

#7820 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Was told I couldn't pre-order the Ocarina Link amiibo in Gamestop. Their pre-order systems make no sense sometimes.

Because the Ocarina Link amiibo was technically released almost 3 years ago. They don't do preorders on re-releases.

#7821 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12640 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:32 PM

So I've seen some chatter about how the new amiibo coming out this Friday are only $12.96 in store at Walmart (MSRP is $15.99) and how a lot of Walmarts are selling them early.  I have been unable to verify this yet though.

#7822 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

Because the Ocarina Link amiibo was technically released almost 3 years ago. They don't do preorders on re-releases.

If this is the case, how was I able to pre-order the Loot Goblin Amiibo when they released more of them?

#7823 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

If this is the case, how was I able to pre-order the Loot Goblin Amiibo when they released more of them?

The exception that proves the rule

#7824 bloodlord79  

bloodlord79

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:54 PM

***YMMV***
I got the Ryu amiibo at Half Price Books for 9.99

#7825 bloodlord79  

bloodlord79

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

The exception that proves the rule

It's up to the retailer at the end of the day. Best Buy has had the old amiibos for Smash Bros on their site for months. And I know Target does as well. They will just get frustrated customers. I was one for ordering the Mario SSB and they couldn't find it. It's well within their rights as stupid as they want to be for putting out of production or 'pre order' items.

#7826 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

Today was a good day for me for Amiibo acquisition. I had the two Pokemon and the Link amiibo on pre-order from Amazon. But I had missed out on pre-ordering the Snake amiibo. Thankfully, my local Target got about four Snakes in stock, and I was there for the store opening. So for this particular round I have all of the amiibo covered. I also picked up a spare Link amiibo at Target to keep in-box. It is REALLY cute.

#7827 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:33 PM

UPS claims they attempted delivery of my packages today, including the Zelda Dreamers Edition and all the new amiibo, but I've been home all day and no one showed up. Attempting to contact UPS. FedEx did this too a couple weekends ago and claimed my address was restricted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#7828 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30649 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

Ocarina link amiibo was in stock at my gamestop. Grabbed 1

#7829 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:09 PM

Smash Amiibos picked up along with Link so I am back up to having all the Smash Characters again.  I'll be glad when they are done releasing them as this is a very expensive collection.

#7830 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Except OoT Link is literally available for pre-order on their website.