* * * - - 7 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#8431 nerdaftermathfx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

nerdaftermathfx

Posted 04 July 2021 - 11:58 AM

Does anyone know if the Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo ever were available for pre order? I’ve always been on the lookout and GameStop’s site always said unavailable or (now) out of stock.

#8432 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 04 July 2021 - 12:10 PM

Does anyone know if the Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo ever were available for pre order? I’ve always been on the lookout and GameStop’s site always said unavailable or (now) out of stock.

They are day of release purchase in store only.  

#8433 nerdaftermathfx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

nerdaftermathfx

Posted 04 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

They are day of release purchase in store only.

Say it ain’t so 😞

#8434 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 04 July 2021 - 06:11 PM

Say it ain’t so

It certainly seems to be the case.  I also didn't have the stomach to fight neckbeards on Day 1, and felt that a $60 purchase of the JPN amiibo was more than worth the added cost, just for peace of mind.  Of course, I'd imagine that the Amazon JPN listing might now be OOS, as well, given that my order was placed probably 6 weeks ago. 

#8435 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11604 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:05 PM

Love how they are making Amiibos a bitch to find again. They were already hard enough to get during the first 3-4 waves. Now you're adding post pandemic stock/employee issues AND the insane amount of people scalping items for easy money

I've already seen people pushing and shoving and sprinting to aisles back when Toys R Us was still a thing

#8436 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2312 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 05 July 2021 - 03:37 PM

Love how they are making Amiibos a bitch to find again. They were already hard enough to get during the first 3-4 waves. Now you're adding post pandemic stock/employee issues AND the insane amount of people scalping items for easy money

I've already seen people pushing and shoving and sprinting to aisles back when Toys R Us was still a thing

You can thank all those Animal Crossing Amiibos for that.  Nintendo's worst fear is their brand becoming discount fodder that shows up at dollar stores or in bargain bins.  I had a feeling that when Five Below had all those Amiibo that Nintendo would either stop making them or cut WAY back on them.  Demand went down, so they cut production.  Stores also don't want to order a bunch of stock that just take up space.  I highly doubt they ever ramp up production that far again, or do reprints.  It just sucks they have taken to locking content/shortcuts behind them.

#8437 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4398 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 05 July 2021 - 04:20 PM

Dark Samus Amiibo is getting a reprint, up for pre order at best buy

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6352087

#8438 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3091 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2021 - 10:24 PM

It took my store forever to finally sell out of that one but I guess they need something to pair with the new game when the others sell out. :razz:

#8439 jumpman17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

jumpman17

Posted 06 July 2021 - 12:37 AM

I'm new to buying Amiibos. I want the new Zelda Loftwing figure. Is this something that will eventually be available to easily buy, or is it one of those things where if you don't manage to grab one of the pre-orders for the 30 seconds they are up, then you're out of luck?

#8440 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11381 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2021 - 01:50 AM

Zelda Loftwing amiibo.  I will be at the store open for this amiibo. Likely it'll be re-print but not sure when. Do you want to waits for 6 months - years to get it?

#8441 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15343 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2021 - 02:15 AM

I'm new to buying Amiibos. I want the new Zelda Loftwing figure. Is this something that will eventually be available to easily buy, or is it one of those things where if you don't manage to grab one of the pre-orders for the 30 seconds they are up, then you're out of luck?

It's tough to say. The four champions from Breath of the Wild received reprints, but none of the other BOTW amiibos did. Nintendo never reprinted the Monster Hunter amiibos, either, and are being incredibly stingy when it comes to the new Monster Hunter and Metroid preorders. They're creating artificial demand to make people impulse buy and inflate those sales figures. The worst part is that it's not even fans of the series who are buying them, it's mostly resellers looking to make money flipping limited run amiibos to fans of the series. Bad business model for consumers all around.

#8442 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2021 - 08:10 PM

Totally sucks. I thought we were over this too, and I'll believe the AC amiibo are at fault. I'd love to pre-order Loftwing, the new Metroid pack or Monster Hunter amiibo.

#8443 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2021 - 01:20 AM

Everyone is reporting gamestop most likely won't have the monster hunter amiibos in store Friday. Just like with the rise amiibos they could be a week late. I guess the stores were told today. So these will be fun to get. Glad I got them through Amazon jp.

#8444 jumpman17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

jumpman17

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:11 AM

It's tough to say. The four champions from Breath of the Wild received reprints, but none of the other BOTW amiibos did. Nintendo never reprinted the Monster Hunter amiibos, either, and are being incredibly stingy when it comes to the new Monster Hunter and Metroid preorders. They're creating artificial demand to make people impulse buy and inflate those sales figures. The worst part is that it's not even fans of the series who are buying them, it's mostly resellers looking to make money flipping limited run amiibos to fans of the series. Bad business model for consumers all around.

Yeah, the 4 champions are the only ones I have. A reprint explains why they were still around but the other Breath of the Wild ones weren't.

I just remember when I'd go in the store and there was a whole aisle of Amiibos, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Lego Dimensions. I know the others went belly up, but I expected to still see Amiibos in the stores.

#8445 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2044 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:06 AM

Yeah, the 4 champions are the only ones I have. A reprint explains why they were still around but the other Breath of the Wild ones weren't.

I just remember when I'd go in the store and there was a whole aisle of Amiibos, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Lego Dimensions. I know the others went belly up, but I expected to still see Amiibos in the stores.

You can blame the scalper craze for that. Your best bet for the Loftwing is going to be heading out early on release day and scouring all your local Best Buy/Target/Gamestop/etc.

#8446 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 07 July 2021 - 12:22 PM

Everyone is reporting gamestop most likely won't have the monster hunter amiibos in store Friday. Just like with the rise amiibos they could be a week late. I guess the stores were told today. So these will be fun to get. Glad I got them through Amazon jp.

Ugh.  

At this point I hope Amazon Japan gets some extras and I can place an order there.  Not going to stalk the local GameStop daily hoping they get them.  

#8447 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 07 July 2021 - 04:36 PM

Ugh.

At this point I hope Amazon Japan gets some extras and I can place an order there. Not going to stalk the local GameStop daily hoping they get them.

Even having preordered the last set that came out for Monster Hunter Rise was a pain. I got no communication about the delay and had to call to ask about it. Then I got “if you haven’t been called we have nothing to tell you right now. Try back in a couple days.” They did eventually get them in but it was not a good experience.

#8448 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:18 AM

Even having preordered the last set that came out for Monster Hunter Rise was a pain. I got no communication about the delay and had to call to ask about it. Then I got “if you haven’t been called we have nothing to tell you right now. Try back in a couple days.” They did eventually get them in but it was not a good experience.

They did that to me too. Said it would arrive a week or two late like everyone else. I called every other day and one day I called they said they had 2 of the 3 and had gotten them in the day before. I asked how long they would hold and they said that day was the last day, they only do 48 hours even though they were paid off. I went in and they had all 3 when I got there but what a pain.

#8449 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5150 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:06 AM

With all this uncertainty with GameStop, and a complete inability to place pre-orders, I just caved and ordered the three Monster Hunter amiibos from Amazon Japan. Even after international shipping, it ended up being slightly cheaper than buying from GameStop. Now I don't have to drive myself nuts checking my local store in vain every day.

#8450 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 10:31 AM

Guess gamestop.com didn't put the monsterbhunter amiibos up. They went from coming out 7/9 to out of stock sometime between 5 am and 530 am EST. Good luck to anyone trying in store today. I asked a couple and all said they would get them this afternoon or Monday but most only said they were getting a few. One store in a mall did claim they were getting 10+ of each.

#8451 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:44 PM

Gamestop has/had the new Monster Hunter Amiibos online just now. I couldn't get them all to show in stock in chrome or firefox - so had to use the iOS app to add the last one and complete the order. Even saved my 2nd dip monthly cert to use! Good luck!  :hot:

a9o4pGG.png

#8452 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:45 PM

Gamestop has/had them online just now. I couldn't get them all to show in stock in chrome or firefox - so had to use the iOS app to add the last one and complete the order. Good luck!

a9o4pGG.png

Can confirm - I was able to place an order (and cancel my Amazon JPN order from months ago), saving me ~$25.

#8453 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11604 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:59 PM

Yup I got all 3 as well! Surprised they are still up, glad my body randomly decided to pee or id have overslept

#8454 CrimsonWing69   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

CrimsonWing69

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:01 PM

This is the way these things should be. Nobody stressing out or websites crashing. I was actually stressed out yesterday thinking about this since I have to work and I have a meeting at 11am so I can’t get to a local GameStop to try and get these.

#8455 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:16 PM

Awesome, managed to snag all 3 and cancel my order at Amazon.jp.  Saved me about $20 and a couple weeks of waiting for international shipping!

#8456 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:19 PM

Lol I think most ppl went to Amazon jp to avoid the headache of tracking these down at launch, glad everyone was able to secure the bag as I did as well…kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8457 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:28 PM

Thbaks guys! Got these about half an hour ago.

#8458 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:32 PM

Incredible that I could place an order!

#8459 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:37 PM

These won’t last long

#8460 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:43 PM

Got an order in at GameStop.  Surprised the amiibo are still available.  I hope there aren’t cancellations.