* * * * * 2 votes

Fallout 4 Gold Edition @ Best Buy $84.99 ($68.00 GCU)

#901 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

So if I ordered the Gold Bundle online and it shipped, should I have received the season pass code already? The Best Buy CS is horrible and nobody knows whats going on. I pre ordered the bundle through the weekly ad.

#902 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

So if I ordered the Gold Bundle online and it shipped, should I have received the season pass code already? The Best Buy CS is horrible and nobody knows whats going on. I pre ordered the bundle through the weekly ad.

I can only speak from personal experience, but my code was emailed around 9pm PST on Monday evening, when the game was released.  I ordered the Gold Bundle online and had it shipped.

Although with all the errors Best Buy had, it would not surprise me that they have not sent the codes out.

#903 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

Is this deal/glitch still live?

Only if you preordered, so no.

#904 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

I can only speak from personal experience, but my code was emailed around 9pm PST on Monday evening, when the game was released.  I ordered the Gold Bundle online and had it shipped.

Although with all the errors Best Buy had, it would not surprise me that they have not sent the codes out.

I called there CS and supposedly they are emailing me one in 24 hours. I doubt that though. Did everyone who ordered the sku from the weekly ad have money refunded to them? I do not see anything like that on my order or CC account? 

#905 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

I called there CS and supposedly they are emailing me one in 24 hours. I doubt that though. Did everyone who ordered the sku from the weekly ad have money refunded to them? I do not see anything like that on my order or CC account?

no the short sku the one in the ad isn't the one getting refunded. Only the long sku one that was originally posted is getting there passes refunded

#906 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

I ordered multiple copies of the game due to first wanting the gold bundle then did a gold bundle with the $25 off another game but only received one code.... CS said i will get a 2nd code but all i wanted was to return the one for full price...  We will see what happens...

#907 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

Also, anyone get there $10 pre-order points yet?

#908 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

Also, anyone get there $10 pre-order points yet?

my rewards zone history says 0 right now, gonna give it a couple days

#909 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

It can take 10 to 20 days for the $10 certificates to post after the game been shipped/picked up

#910 funkmonker  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

So how do I contact bby to get my season pass

#911 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

So how do I contact bby to get my season pass

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ustomer support

#912 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

my rewards zone history says 0 right now, gonna give it a couple days

It can take 10 to 20 days for the $10 certificates to post after the game been shipped/picked up

Thanks for that, i just couldn't remember as i don't preorder as much as i used too.

Also, with my multiple orders, one of them they marked the season pass to $0, so it says i got the gold bundle and season pass for $48 including tax... I guess i messed up the system lol. 

#913 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10639 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Well my game finally shipped. Was not going to rock the boat right away since they gave the SP for free.  No need to call any attention to that :).

#914 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Just got my e-mail from BB with the season pass code for the gold bundle (in-store pickup). So it was just a little over 24 hours from the time I picked up.

#915 bigballer101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

bigballer101

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

ordered last Tuesday. Didn't ship till Monday. Supposedly receiving it on Thursday. Was only charged for the game, not the season pass so I can't really complain.

#916 xbltheshadow   I Love Guitar Hero CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

xbltheshadow

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

So, again, I ordered the gold edition from bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. Like others, no season pass was on the receipt. The corporate number (1-888-BEST-BUY) gave me the run around and basically sent me back to the store. I drove to Best Buy and walked to the customer service desk. Told them the problem, and he rang up the season pass. Manager came over, zeroed out the price, and handed me a receipt with a code. Took less than 5 minutes. If only their call centers were this efficient.

#917 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

Wore my Vault Boy socks to work today. :)

#918 MRW2276   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Really odd on the Gold. I preordered it and they charged me on each part originally. 47.07 for the game and $25.80 something for the pass (taxes included on those prices). I received an email for the pass on Monday and the game/socks showed up yesterday, but it looks like I was only charged $47.07 on Bestbuy's website. The pass is showing $0 as of today. Anyone else end up with the free pass and know the story or are we getting charged later again?

#919 bigballer101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

bigballer101

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

Really odd on the Gold. I preordered it and they charged me on each part originally. 47.07 for the game and $25.80 something for the pass (taxes included on those prices). I received an email for the pass on Monday and the game/socks showed up yesterday, but it looks like I was only charged $47.07 on Bestbuy's website. The pass is showing $0 as of today. Anyone else end up with the free pass or are we getting charged later again?

The same exact thing happened to me. From what I gathered, it was supposed to be together on one sku and turned out to be two separate entities when it should have been just one. I doubt they'll recharge us but we'll never know

#920 Ashtaar   King of Blades CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Got mine on release and my season pass in the email, still haven't played though since my wife is hogging up the Xbox! :'(

#921 Weagle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Just got my e-mail from BB with the season pass code for the gold bundle (in-store pickup). So it was just a little over 24 hours from the time I picked up.

Good to hear. It's been about 23 hours since I picked up my copy and 19 since I called customer service.  If I don't get it by this evening, I may ask them to reprint the receipt for me in store when I go to trade in a couple of games. Hoping it might be on the actual receipt since I just had a pickup receipt from yesterday.

#922 Grayfoxhound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Grayfoxhound

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

The same exact thing happened to me. From what I gathered, it was supposed to be together on one sku and turned out to be two separate entities when it should have been just one. I doubt they'll recharge us but we'll never know

Yep, Same happened to me. I got a refund on the season pass for some reason.

#923 funkmonker  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ustomer support

no shit I did that already but I couldn't find an email

#924 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3062 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Fortunately it's a federal crime to mail liquids with USPS.

This is not true.

#925 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

This even remotely true.

I'm not sure, but if it's a glass bottle what stops the person receiving it from saying it broke in transit?

#926 Jimmienoman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Jimmienoman

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

My season pass was emailed and also printed on receipt.

Gladly I only ordered the regular edition and they had a few extra gold. Not a huge fan of the socks, but $5 off season pass and an additional $5 off season pass due to GCU pushed me over the edge ($10 off season pass total)

The socks were just a bonus

#927 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3062 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

I'm not sure, but if it's a glass bottle what stops the person receiving it from saying it broke in transit?

Nothing. Which is true of absolutely everything sold on ebay.

Disclaimer: I am not a scalper or an advocate for such ridiculousness. I just marvel about when certain CAGs pop in to offer legal advice.

#928 KillerBs75  

KillerBs75

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:42 PM

I was happy with the original deal but this is great. I didn't know they were including a Fallout 3 code in the game too. Being that I already have the GOTY I don't need that.

So after GCU, the Best Buy error, eBay of the socks and code, $10 reward... I'm out $18.29 for Fallout 4 and the season pass.

Pretty sure I spent more than that for Fallout 3 GOTY last year as a six year old game. Love this site so glad I found it!

#929 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

You ask them for a picture of the broken bottle. If paypal or ebay does not let you do that, you claim insurance with USPS since they insure items for $50.00 for free if you do priority mail. Also, you can set your limits to the type of buyer you want purchasing the bottle. 

#930 eliben626   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

eliben626

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

I pre-order the gold bundle on friday. I paid in store but one of the best buys reps place the order on best buy.com and I think she forgot to use my phone number for the gcu discount. I had a pending charge for $89.99 but that was refunded to my checking account and now it looks like I'm going to be charged $59.99 for the game and $0 for the season pass. Do you guys think I should call customer service and try to get the extra 20% or should I just leave it alone. I also checked the purchase history on my best buy.com and the Fallout bundle isn't showing up so I probably won't get the $10 certificate for pre-ordering either. I wish the stupid rep wouldn't have screwed up my order. I would've loved the gold bundle for $43.99 with the $10 certificate.