* * * - - 5 votes

Amazon Prime Discounted Games

Amazon Prime

#121 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37463 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

I don't know if there will be a mark since there is no credit being applied, at least from my understanding. I didn't even get an order update or anything but when I check my order, the price is adjusted as if I ordered at the discounted price.

If you contact Amazon Customer Service for anything, it gets noted in your account. It's not a bad thing on its own, but to anyone looking at your account, repeatedly contacting them can look really bad.

#122 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

Some people reported their old preorders retroactively getting the 20% discount, but if you don't see that on yours within a few hours (they could be doing them in waves), I suggest contacting Amazon CS.

This is exactly what i wanted to know.

Going to wait till tomorrow in the afternoon, if not, i'll be contacting them.

Does this include CE or nah?

#123 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37463 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

This is exactly what i wanted to know.

Going to wait till tomorrow in the afternoon, if not, i'll be contacting them.

Does this include CE or nah?

It should. I see that the Odin Sphere CE (Storybook Edition) gets the 20% discount.

#124 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

It should. I see that the Odin Sphere CE (Storybook Edition) gets the 20% discount.

Awesome!

Thanks for that, will contact tomorrow if nothing is with the discount, got a couple of CE coming my way in the coming months.even better prices with this.

#125 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

Kind of disappointed the 20% off is not applying to the new Animal Crossing cards. Bestbuy applies a discount for them. Not a huge deal since you can only order 3 right now, but still. 

#126 Dalrint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

Hmm. None of my old orders have switched to the new prices yet.

#127 chaoscat  

chaoscat

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

My fire emblem fates CE hasn't been adjusted yet either.  I'll contact CS tomorrow after work if it isn't fixed by then.

#128 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

Same here, going to wait till tomorrow, if not, contacting CS.

#129 Dalrint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:16 AM

Why would contacting amazon CS 'look bad' on your account? And what does looking bad on your account even mean?

#130 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

Why would contacting amazon CS 'look bad' on your account? And what does looking bad on your account even mean?

If you contact Amazon Customer Service for anything, it gets noted in your account. It's not a bad thing on its own, but to anyone looking at your account, repeatedly contacting them can look really bad.

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

#131 Dalrint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

Ah, Ian Malcolm, is there any time he's not relevant?

No but look bad how. What does that mean? It's not like amazon has a penalty system or will refuse to sell you something. What does look bad mean?

#132 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:39 AM

No but look bad how. What does that mean? It's not like amazon has a penalty system or will refuse to sell you something. What does look bad mean?

Well... They actually do. They can ban your account as they've done it in the past.

#133 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:40 AM

No but look bad how. What does that mean? It's not like amazon has a penalty system or will refuse to sell you something.

Hahahahaha

#134 SonX  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Most of the time, complaints to customer service are no problem, but amazon does keep track of the frequency of those complains in combination with the rate of your returns and other account problems. 

In worse case scenarios where you violate policy and or Amazon doesn't deem your account profitable anymore, they will ban your account. Bans from Amazon are terrible because it is almost impossible to get your account back and other accounts or information affiliated with that ban could be slammed as well. Any credit or open orders are lost too.

TLDR: Don't mess with Amazon because they do keep an eye on your account and you can be hard banned.

#135 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

Well it's a good start, but until it works like GCU (discounts on all games, regardless of age and able to combine with sales) it's still not worth it for me. Still, good for those that already have prime anyway.

#136 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:23 PM

Absolutely. But some of us already have Prime for non-gaming purchases. Plus the $99 prime membership can be shared among family members, so in theory you can split it.

Are the discounted video games a benefit that can be shared?  If so, I'll pay my dad $50 to share his prime account with me (he would do it for free but I'm not a mooch)

#137 UltimateIdiot911  

UltimateIdiot911

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

Are the discounted video games a benefit that can be shared?  If so, I'll pay my dad $50 to share his prime account with me (he would do it for free but I'm not a mooch)

Not a clue. I assume it will.

FYI, the policies have changed on sharing Prime benefits. One of the requirement is to have a credit card that has the same address as the account holder.

#138 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

Not a clue. I assume it will.

FYI, the policies have changed on sharing Prime benefits. One of the requirement is to have a credit card that has the same address as the account holder.

He just shared it with me and the discount isn't coming for me for pre-orders at checkout.  It also doesn't give me the option for slower shipping to get the $1 in digital credit.

EDIT: NVM it was just assassin's creed chronicles on Vita that won't give me the 20% discount.  Other pre-orders are.