Bestbuy Now selling ChronoMax Plus

MusePrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (99%)
Sweet.  Thanks OP.   

This is worth it to me just for the ability to use my PC fightstick on the Xbox One.  Keyboard and mouse support are a bonus if they work well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! This is a handy little device.

It's nice to see it get a significant boost in distribution and hopefully a price reduction due to the volume increase in sales.

Thing looks awesome. Thanks OP I have never heard of this company before but looks like I may be investing in one so I can use Keyboard/Mouse for FPS games on my PS4/X1.

Last time there was a deal on this, many brought up issues like this burning out USB ports, causing input lag, generally being dangerous for the console. Have they redesigned or fixed the hardware?

I think there has been model remakes. I personally want to use this for my PC as I here it's easier to use a ps4 controller with it. 

Last time there was a deal on this, many brought up issues like this burning out USB ports, causing input lag, generally being dangerous for the console. Have they redesigned or fixed the hardware?
This. I need to see some sources that the device is not messing up hardware. The concept is cool, but I am still :whistle2:k

I hope these don't catch on. I play FPS games on consoles to avoid having to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard. Using a mouse is a big advantage in shooters and will suck if these become widespread. If I want to use a mouse and keyboard I'll go play CS on my PC.

I hope these don't catch on. I play FPS games on consoles to avoid having to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard. Using a mouse is a big advantage in shooters and will suck if these become widespread. If I want to use a mouse and keyboard I'll go play CS on my PC.
both of these.....i really really dont want mouse and keyboard becoming a console thing.

I was sort of just thinking the same thing. There's a perk in Black Ops 3 where getting headshots could be significant. If this catches on I will follow along just to keep up.

CronusMAX*

Let me chime in as I own two of them. I have one that is constantly plugged into my PS4 so I can use my Xbox One controller. I have noticed no burning of the USB port. The device does get warm as it is drawing power but this is the first I have heard of burning. There is virtually no input lag. I use it mainly to play Destiny but I have used it with other games like Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Last of Us, CoD Ghosts, Black Ops III beta, etc.

I've used it in other devices like on my PS3 with the wireless adapter for 360 controllers and it works flawlessly. I've also used it for fight sticks on various consoles, Xbox 360 stick on Xbox One, PS3 stick on PS4, etc.

It's a very nifty device if you want to use various controllers on different systems. It isn't perfect though. On Xbox One you have to authenticate by plugging in a official Xbox One controller first before plugging in the desired controller. On PS4 it disconnects every 10 minutes for authentication unless you are routing it through your PC (the disconnect only takes 1 second for it to re-authenticate but this could be crucial if you are playing an online game, it hasn't been a big deal for me). Hopefully with the new Xbox One wireless adapter it will finally support wireless Xbox One controllers on the PS4.

As for wide use? I don't know if it will ever get to that point. Only real hardcore ppl really care about using it. Since the price of entry is the price of another controller it definitely deters some potential buyers. I really do like it and it allows me to use the controller I want. With all that said, it isn't perfect but I tend to overlook that stuff because they are pretty minor.

Seen these on amazon, been a bit surprised that I hadn't seen anyone talk about them. Guess since they haven't been on sale. These types of devices have been on the original xbox in the past. That should be an indication alone of how popular they are (meaning not very).

Hmm idk. I used xim edge for mouse and keyboard support on 360. Suffice to say lots of noticeable input lag. That was 2 yrs ago and im pretty sure a new xim released for ps4/x1. Aside from its questionable m+k support, its other convenient features makes it a pretty decent buy.

These things are banned at fighting game tournaments for a couple of reasons:

1) Potentially shorting out the circuits in the usb slots of the console.

2) Causing input lag on other controllers/sticks plugged into the console.

The only good part about this device is that it supports multiple controller/console types, but I wouldn't buy one personally with all the negativity surrounding its usage.

If anyone is interested in similar devices, I would recommend a Brook converter such as this one: http://videogamesnewyork.com/ps3-to-ps4-controller-converter-p4-wh/

While one model only supports one type of conversion, such as PS3 controller on PS4 system, these converters have been proven to work properly without constant authentication. The additional input lag is very minor too, one YouTube analysis video I found showed a 0.7 frame average additional delay; less than one frame extra lag is very acceptable and extremely hard to notice in most cases.

Damm a 1 second disconnect every 10mins on a ps4 sux.

Does this make Logitech steering wheels work on ps4? Specifically the G25.

I read the product description on Best Buy, but it's mostly advertising terms, and nothing describing how it actually works. Does this thing let you use PS3 Fight sticks on PS4? Because Arc Sys games never have that backward compatibility for sticks, but Netherrealms and Capcom actually used it. Pictures on the site just show it as a two-way usb adaptor, so how would you go about having both mouse and keyboard?

Edit: It seems this is the same Chronomax as the one Playasia has had a deal on for a while too, where you get it with the SFxT fight stick along with street fighter key chains for $80.

I wish we had an info only thread section. This is interesting but my cheapass is not tingling

EDIT: Hows the mouse and keyboard controls on consoles with this? If good, I suddenly need this nao

2nd EDIT: The videos on this page look pretty good
http://cronusmax.com/precision-mouse-keyboard-control/
Same here. I'm not opposed to informational threads but this isn't a deal at all and just pushes actual deals off the front page. Should be in the general gaming section.

I was in a best buy a few days ago and saw these and I was very surprised to see these.

I wonder how it performs vs titanone.  I've been thinking of getting one, but I'm not doing much multi-console or pc gaming these days.

Also, GCU obviously doesn't apply because this is an accessory.  You get double points though.

I was in a best buy a few days ago and saw these and I was very surprised to see these.

I wonder how it performs vs titanone. I've been thinking of getting one, but I'm not doing much multi-console or pc gaming these days.

Also, GCU obviously doesn't apply because this is an accessory. You get double points though.
I believe the Titan One is pretty much the same exact thing except that it gets the newer official updates quicker? From what I read, CronusMax cracks the firmware since the original creator left to create the Titan One due to some drama. Not sure if there is still the drama.

So I think CronusMax has more community support whereas Titan One has the official creator support.

The Titan One is the most recent model.  I have it.  The mouse and keyboard emulation is as good as it can ever get.  There are a lot of settings like sensitivity and acceleration and deadzones.  I played through GTAV on Xbone using kb and mouse and a controller for driving.  Like I said this is the best kb and mouse emulation can get.  But it is still not the same as pc controls because it is still emulating the right stick which is very different than traditional mouse movement.

The software also has a lot of settings for remapping which can be useful.

I used xim and similar products and this is so much better; but understand the inherent limitations of emulating the right stick.

so... as a destiny player on the ps4... i will have an advantage in pvp with this by using a mouse and keyboard.. hrmmmm. sounds tempting.

so would this let you turn off vibration off of your controllers? some games dont have that option and the controller i modded to do joysticks are getting messed up(really both controllers i bought on launch are having joystick problems)

I stream/watch a lot of Destiny streamers and one of the biggest (King Gothalion) uses one of these to use dual shock 4s on all of his consoles.  He swears by the thing.

I hate the fact that to use a DS4 on X1..you have to play wired.

Not that it really "bothers" me, but I don't like having a stiff cable attached to a usb dongle attached into my x1 usb port causing downward tension.

I hate the fact that to use a DS4 on X1..you have to play wired.

Not that it really "bothers" me, but I don't like having a stiff cable attached to a usb dongle attached into my x1 usb port causing downward tension.
You can play wirelessly with the DS4(and DS3), you just need to get a bluetooth adapter.

Same with the Xbox controllers if you have the xbox wireless adapter.

And someone else mentioned the titan one being the "newest version". That is wrong. Titan One is a competitor and isn't supported as well, in my opinion. In terms of communication, fixes, and community requested features.

I don't really know the whole situation, but apparently the titan one was essentially stolen by a former controllermax employee and renamed.

And there are two controllermax models. The first one from 2014 that was mentioned and the new 2015 version, The differences are the 2014 version does not fit the PS4 and the 2015 version does. Along with other mechanical improvements inside.

Anyways...

Everything you can think of is supported. You can turn the light off the DS4, turn off vibration, remap buttons, download gamepacks(essentially like controller mods that don't butcher your controller).

Hell, you can even map the sixaxis controls to control the left analog stick steering, so if you wanted to play Forza and steer by moving your dualshock, you could do just that.

I never used fight sticks or mouse/keyboard, so I don't know how efficient they are, but they do have a list of all compatible controllers on their website somewhere. And if you happen to have one that isn't, make a post on their forum and they're generally pretty quick at fixing it. I made a post about 2 years ago about the device not working with PS2 games on the PS3 and they made a patch fixing it in less than 3 days. So great support in my experience.

You can play wirelessly with the DS4(and DS3), you just need to get a bluetooth adapter.

Same with the Xbox controllers if you have the xbox wireless adapter.

And someone else mentioned the titan one being the "newest version". That is wrong. Titan One is a competitor and isn't supported as well, in my opinion. In terms of communication, fixes, and community requested features.

I don't really know the whole situation, but apparently the titan one was essentially stolen by a former controllermax employee and renamed.

And there are two controllermax models. The first one from 2014 that was mentioned and the new 2015 version, The differences are the 2014 version does not fit the PS4 and the 2015 version does. Along with other mechanical improvements inside.

Anyways...

Everything you can think of is supported. You can turn the light off the DS4, turn off vibration, remap buttons, download gamepacks(essentially like controller mods that don't butcher your controller).

Hell, you can even map the sixaxis controls to control the left analog stick steering, so if you wanted to play Forza and steer by moving your dualshock, you could do just that.

I never used fight sticks or mouse/keyboard, so I don't know how efficient they are, but they do have a list of all compatible controllers on their website somewhere. And if you happen to have one that isn't, make a post on their forum and they're generally pretty quick at fixing it. I made a post about 2 years ago about the device not working with PS2 games on the PS3 and they made a patch fixing it in less than 3 days. So great support in my experience.
hmm good to know.

this is now tempting

I have an earlier version of the Cronus and absolutely love it. I keep it plugged into my PS3 with a 360 wireless adapter and use an Xbox 360 controller for most of my games.

I haven't tried any of the customization settings since I'm not not much of a fighter or FPS player, but it has made my hands much more comfortable.

Eh...$60 then I have to buy a Bluetooth usb adapter?

What kind?
it comes with one

Stay connected to your teammates and taunt your opponents with the PlayStation 4 sound card and 3.5mm extension cable for PlayStation 4 chat headset support
Enjoy a reliable wireless connection with your PlayStation 4 thanks to the included Bluetooth adapter

it comes with one

Stay connected to your teammates and taunt your opponents with the PlayStation 4 sound card and 3.5mm extension cable for PlayStation 4 chat headset support
Enjoy a reliable wireless connection with your PlayStation 4 thanks to the included Bluetooth adapter
Sold...buying it today since I NEED it for Halo5

BTW it's call "CronusMax" ;d

I've been using my keyboard and mouse on my PC with this thing...it's great

herpderp

bread's done
Back