* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 10/25-10/31

#361 Haggar   Mayor of Metro City CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

My Halo 5 preorder dlc just was emailed, but not the WWE2K16 so far. Not sure if it's Best Buy fixing it on their own or because I posted on the BB forums.

EDIT: I have both codes now.

#362 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:15 PM

Got a question for the experts.  

I pre-ordered Halo 5.  Paid with a gift card.  Will I still get the $10 reward certificate?  

I ask only because you don't get your usual reward points when paying by gift card and seems ripe for a possible technicality.  Not terribly interested in Halo5 so not getting the $10 might cause me to not pick it up.  

I assume nothing to worry about and it's a dumb question.

#363 dakuecker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

dakuecker

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Anyone charged $4.99 for a pre-order bonus, Halo 5: Guardians POB?

#364 JaTaN   ... CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

Got a question for the experts.  

I pre-ordered Halo 5.  Paid with a gift card.  Will I still get the $10 reward certificate?  

I ask only because you don't get your usual reward points when paying by gift card and seems ripe of a possible technicality.  Not terribly interested in Halo5 so not getting the $10 might cause me to not pick it up.  

Paying with BB GCs/certs is fine -- no problem getting the preorder bonus

Can take up to 20 days after pick up

#365 gorilladust   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gorilladust

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

I called and they gave it to me quickly.

Oh cool! Did you call the store or the hotline? I called the store that I picked my game up from.

#366 asgaga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

picked up my online order, but wasnt given a receipt and online shows my order is still in progress. weird thing is it lets me cancel my order.

#367 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

picked up my online order, but wasnt given a receipt and online shows my order is still in progress. weird thing is it lets me cancel my order.

I know me too... I wouldn't steal it because they have my info that I picked up and signed for it. I don't steal anyways.. Happy with the game.

#368 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Oh cool! Did you call the store or the hotline? I called the store that I picked my game up from.

Yes the main offices and they were happy to help me easily.

#369 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2024 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Picked up my copy today and the manager gave me the art book and a mask that were left over from the midnight without asking. Pretty sweet in my book.

#370 gorilladust   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gorilladust

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Yes the main offices and they were happy to help me easily.

Thank you. I just got my Halo 5 DLC code from a very helpful employee from the Best Buy Digital Downloads Dept. 

#371 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3819 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

Paying with BB GCs/certs is fine -- no problem getting the preorder bonus

Can take up to 20 days after pick up

Good on clarifying when you get the bonus $10 certificate. You would shake your head at the number of times that particular question was asked on the best buy unboxed forum (literally 5+ threads on the main forum results page asking when they can expect to get the certificate or complaint about bit getting it right then and there when they locked up their order).

#372 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

It's pretty sad that my roommates are so upset with Halo 5 that they are already trying to find out what trade in value they can get for it.

#373 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

It's pretty sad that my roommates are so upset with Halo 5 that they are already trying to find out what trade in value they can get for it.

What do they not like about it? The new aiming system?

#374 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

I went to bed right after we got it and let it install.
They stayed up through the entire install and once done they started to campaign....

Woke up 6hrs later and they were downing the final boss and the ending....

They don't like the level design, how most of the game is mostly hold out/horde mode fights, how your AI partners are less than useless, and the sheer lack of variety. Something about fighitng a boss 5-6 times or more, and his final form is just 4 of him and turrets.

I've played 1 round of MP since getting up and.. something feels off.. hopefully the Co-op will be fun when they get back up

#375 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

Picked up my copy today and the manager gave me the art book and a mask that were left over from the midnight without asking. Pretty sweet in my book.

Should have thrown it back at them and shouted "I dont need your handouts, Im an adult!"

#376 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Also the fact we were pretty much bait and switched plot wise.

The entire marketing campaign is talks about Master Chief going AWOL, and possibly betraying the human race.

The ACTUAL plot is......well I'm trying to find the spoiler tag.

#377 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Jesus Christ, traded in MGS5 and PGA Tour got 83 for them

Got more in credit for that half assed golf game than I even paid for it

And MGS5 broke even

Now to preorder battlefront and buy ac syndicate on Black Friday!

#378 psnone  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Anyone charged $4.99 for a pre-order bonus, Halo 5: Guardians POB?

Yes, same here.  It's always something with Best Buy.  This is yet another video game pre-order issue for me with them.

#379 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Yes, same here.  It's always something with Best Buy.  This is yet another video game pre-order issue for me with them.

What's going on exactly?

#380 dakuecker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

dakuecker

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Based upon the math, I was charged $47.99 for Halo 5: Guardians and $4.99 for Halo 5: Guardians POB. To me, it appears they charged me for the pre-order bonus in which the receipt printed out the code. I called their support but they couldn't find my purchase history and said I need to return to the store for clarification. I was going to be near the store again this evening so I will straighten out then.

#381 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3595 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Based upon the math, I was charged $47.99 for Halo 5: Guardians and $4.99 for Halo 5: Guardians POB. To me, it appears they charged me for the pre-order bonus in which the receipt printed out the code. I called their support but they couldn't find my purchase history and said I need to return to the store for clarification. I was going to be near the store again this evening so I will straighten out then.

yea sometimes that happens. I remember being in line for unity and anther worker in line was trying to explain to anther worker that the $5 deposit wasn't taken off his order. Just thought it was ffuny, he worked there as well and the cs rep was treating him like anyone else, like he was trying to pull a fast one or something lol. 

I think it's just a system error that happens with in store pre orders, happened to my cuz once or twice. Never had this problem with online in store pick up items. 

#382 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

Just make sure the cashier zeroes it out to a penny or asks a manager to issue you a gift card. The penny adjustment requires the least amount of work.

#383 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

I went to bed right after we got it and let it install.
They stayed up through the entire install and once done they started to campaign....
Woke up 6hrs later and they were downing the final boss and the ending....

They don't like the level design, how most of the game is mostly hold out/horde mode fights, how your AI partners are less than useless, and the sheer lack of variety. Something about fighitng a boss 5-6 times or more, and his final form is just 4 of him and turrets.

I've played 1 round of MP since getting up and.. something feels off.. hopefully the Co-op will be fun when they get back up

Wow that sucks to see. I thought I read somewhere that the campaign was going to be robust at 15 hours. If that's not the case, I'm just going to return my copy and wait for a good sale.

#384 Lil Frier  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

Wow that sucks to see. I thought I read somewhere that the campaign was going to be robust at 15 hours. If that's not the case, I'm just going to return my copy and wait for a good sale.

It might be 15 hours solo on Legendary. It took myself and 3 others about 3-4 hours to get through the first 10 missions on Heroic (I wanted to play Legendary, they were too scared). It's really easy with the ability to revive people. That, and 2 of the missions we played were basically 5 minutes of walking around in an area and leaving.

#385 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

I get scared away from playing it on Legendary too. I always commend the players that can finish it like that on solo.

I wonder if they are going to have a true ending for legendary achievements?

#386 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

It might be 15 hours solo on Legendary. It took myself and 3 others about 3-4 hours to get through the first 10 missions on Heroic (I wanted to play Legendary, they were too scared). It's really easy with the ability to revive people. That, and 2 of the missions we played were basically 5 minutes of walking around in an area and leaving.

Roommate did Heroic in 6hrs...

He thought he was playing normal than got the Heroic Achieve.

#387 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

I get scared away from playing it on Legendary too. I always commend the players that can finish it like that on solo.

I wonder if they are going to have a true ending for legendary achievements?

There is a couple second additional footage for being it on legendary....

#388 cag1000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4505 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

Ad says wwe2k16 comes with a free squatch stick... Wtf is a squatch stick..

#389 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Ad says wwe2k16 comes with a free squatch stick... Wtf is a squatch stick..

It's a beef jerky stick like a SlimJim by Jack Links.

http://www.jacklinks...lections/sticks

Halo 5 has a base trade in of $30 at Gamestop, nothing at BestBuy yet for those wondering.

#390 cheapislife   Baka CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

cheapislife

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:19 PM

Deleted