CAGcast #425: Midi Kylo Rens

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Halo 5 and Star Wars hype, Destiny's story swap, Nintendo NX rumors and so much more!  Also, someone got hit in the face with a ball!  Hilarious!
Download (1 hours 19 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/3726891-cagcast-425-midi-kylo-rens

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Earthquake - Disco Fries feat. Command Sisters

Outro -  2 Live Crew

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Bonus picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriots Wombat.  Kiam owned the Patriots not the Oilers

If you haven't seen it yet, Cheapy, I think you'd really like the anime "Ping Pong: The Animation."

It's stylish and good and all about...ping pong. Check it out.

I ordered the Xbox One version of Fallout 4 because it allows you to install user created mods while the PS4 version doesn't. Plus I need something to play on my X1 and Microsoft is pretty cozy with Fallout 4, kind of like how Star Wars is cozy with PS4.

I ordered the Xbox One version of Fallout 4 because it allows you to install user created mods while the PS4 version doesn't. Plus I need something to play on my X1 and Microsoft is pretty cozy with Fallout 4, kind of like how Star Wars is cozy with PS4.
Is that 100% confirmed? I thought Bethesda just wasn't commenting on mod support for PS4; I took it to mean it was coming, but maybe later. Of course, I could be misremembering!

Always struck me as odd that the Fat Boys were allowed to release their Beatles cover but the Beastie Boys weren't. And if you haven't heard "Christmas at Luke's Sex Shop," (by a post-2 Live Crew Luther Campbell) well, it's the holiday classic you didn't know you needed.

Also, you guys made me remember the difficulty I had buying a copy of "Nasty As They Wanna Be" back in the day. I live in Indiana where a local prosecutor trying to score political points set up all kinds of sting operations at record stores for selling it to minors (I was 14 when this came out.) I still remember one of the news stations playing this undercover video of this going down like it was the crime of the century they caught on tape. Ironically, the first time I heard this album, it was a state cop that played it for me. Indiana also tried to ban Louie Louie back in the 60s for being obscene. (Funny part is, the drummer drops a stick and clearly yells "fuck!" and yet people in my state were playing it a different speeds determined that they lyrics was vulgar. No one ever noticed what is right in front of their face.)

Oh my gosh, Arrow is soooo horrible this season. I mean this show has the worst writing I have ever seen. Flash is actually better than I expected. I stopped watching the last few episodes of last season but it's been good so far this season. I'm also really enjoying Agents of Shield. Not too bad at all. I also started watching The Player and really enjoy it. Probably my favorite current show.

As far as updates/download go, the X1 is great in my opinion. I just leave it in instant on mode and updates download/install in the background. I can also buy games online on my pc and they will download to my xbox. As far as day one patches go, you can download the day one patch for Halo 5 right now. Nothing against PC gaming (I love pc games) but console gaming is still easier/more accessible.

I'm tempted to go digital with Halo 5. I would do best buy but no bb around here will open at midnight. If i pick it up at 10am when they open I will still have to wait for the game to install/patch to download.  

At the risk of getting banned from the site I will state this:

Beverly Hills Cop 3 is the best Beverly Hills Cop.
I was just listening to the Elijah Wood Nerdist Podcast and they were talking about how some of the best sequels are the third one, and they agreed about that. Plus Nightmare on Elm Street 3!

And regarding Star Wars, I didn't know it had a rap song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Wpl-iwcuQ

Guys, you should play the Yakuza series if you want closed world games. Each game takes place in a location the size of 3 long city blocks by 10 short. There's just so much to do that you can spend hours not doing the story missions.

CheapyD, I'm surprised your coach didn't get in trouble with the Spin people. Maybe Susan Sarandon isn't much of a micro-manager like Shaq.

As far as updates/download go, the X1 is great in my opinion. I just leave it in instant on mode and updates download/install in the background. I can also buy games online on my pc and they will download to my xbox. As far as day one patches go, you can download the day one patch for Halo 5 right now. Nothing against PC gaming (I love pc games) but console gaming is still easier/more accessible.
If it has to download updates all the time, that's not very great.

"It sounds like butts are coming down the stairs" or whatever the exact wording was... just perfect. Hats off to Wombat for that one.

One comic book show that hasn't disappointed is definitely iZombie. It's much better than Arrow or Flash. It sucks that it has to be on during Agents of Shield.

Wombat, have you tried sleeping with a humidifier in your room? when the weather gets drier in the Fall/Winter i get random nosebleeds and the humidifier helps stop them from happening. 

Granted, I'm not very far but I wasn't enjoying the combat in Tales of Zestiria, and I've enjoyed the previous Tales games. I'll be playing more Dragon Quest Heroes before I continue with Zestiria. 

If it has to download updates all the time, that's not very great.
I'm not sure what you are hoping for. It's been a long time since there has be a system that didn't update.

FYI Wombat, if you've preordered something with gift certificates at Best Buy and want to cancel the preorder, you will get replacement gift certificates within 2 to 3 days.

:lol:  Shipwreck's Marvel's fanboy nature.   Based an opinion of an entire show on a single episode?  Come on.  If I were to do that SHIELD would be damn near the worst show in the history of television based on the pilot (or hell, any of the first half of season 1).  I haven't kept up with Arrow, but the Flash is a damn fun show.  Sure it has its quirks, but I don't know how anyone couldn't enjoy it on some level.

Also gave me a laugh a couple weeks ago when he said SW: Teras Kasi was a good game and in the same episode claimed the Batman: Arkham games were just "okay."  :lol:  

I'm not even a huge comic guy or  even a big Batman fan, but the Arkham games are damn good games.

Nintendo's committed to their hard No on doing away with Friend Codes in favor of user names, ever since that incident where a pedophile had a user name once.  Also, that same guy downloaded a game he'd bought onto a second system.

When my wife was pregnant a few years ago we were bored and saw Dan Aykroyd was coming to town to sign his Crystal Head vodka bottles and we had one and stood in Line for about 4 hours to meet him. Anyway he signed my wifes copy of Ghostbusters and she said she loved that movie but her favorite movie he in was when he was the Judge in Nothing But Trouble. He seemed really surprised that she would say that and he laughed at her for saying that. Anyway it wasnt the worst movie and this is probably a story Cheapy would be bored with like when Wombat tells a story. Id would post a picture of me with him but its not a great picture. Ill think about it lol

how is it possible that everyone on the show thinks that nintendo still uses friend codes? not arguing about the quality of their online services because frankly i don't care about it. i just don't understand how ship and wombat actually use nintendo consoles to some degree and don't have a clue that NNIDs have been a thing for a few years now. (since day 1 on wiiu and shortly thereafter on 3ds)

cheapy gets a pass since he won't touch anything with a nintendo logo on it

how is it possible that everyone on the show thinks that nintendo still uses friend codes? not arguing about the quality of their online services because frankly i don't care about it. i just don't understand how ship and wombat actually use nintendo consoles to some degree and don't have a clue that NNIDs have been a thing for a few years now. (since day 1 on wiiu and shortly thereafter on 3ds)

cheapy gets a pass since he won't touch anything with a nintendo logo on it
Probably because the only time I see online Nintendo stuff is people passing around codes for Super Mario Maker levels.

Probably because the only time I see online Nintendo stuff is people passing around codes for Super Mario Maker levels.
completely agree that not having a username search built into MM is a HUGE oversight in the game, but to pretend or assume that that represents anything other than that particular game is a bit short sighted now that the console's been out for 3 years (more-so for someone who devotes an hour of their time each week to tell a bunch of people video game news..basic stuff).

but anyway, if you really didn't know that you had to have created a username and password for online services while setting up your wiiu, now you do.

oh, and sorry if this comes off as hostile - not my intent at all. i appreciate that you guys take the time to do the show and i look forward to it each week.

I tend to agree with the crew regarding midnight releases. Even at age 30, I can't get myself to go to one. However, one nice thing about living in Arizona is that--since we don't have Daylight Savings--we can be on Pacific Time, which means our "midnight releases" happen at 9 rather than 12. I was able to pick up Arkham Knight at 9 and have just enough time to install it before I needed to go to bed, because I'm lame and old.

Cheapy,

You are so into Philips Hue, why haven't you looked into more featured home control systems like SmartThings or Vera? You might like SmartThings as it works with Amazon Echo.

bread's done
Back