* * * * - 23 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVI

amazon amazon warehouse deals warehouse deals awd Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVI

#151 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

I have owned several flagship andriod phones over the years and they have all suffered from lag requiring me to reboot several times a week or my favorite issue of movie apps not working for 3 months because of licensing issues this goes for the tablets I've owned as well. I have been using an iPad for the last 2yrs and will never go back to andriod, I took a chance earlier this year and jumped from my windows phone to an iPhone and have never needed to reboot outside of the last major iOS update. I'm not saying iOS is perfect but Andriod is a horrible platform that becomes more and more buggy over time and with each update, most people I know that have switched to iOS or windows can't believe how fast and responsive a phone can actually be.

What shitty phones did you use?

#152 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Which one checks email?

#153 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Except where is the savings? I missed the part where Android flagships are cheaper than the competition. I got my Lumia 920 for $50 on-contract, and I got the $50 wireless charger for free with it. At that time, it was going to be $150-200 or so for a Galaxy S3 or One X, and I wasn't going to get a $50 accessory with it. I mean, it's looking like a Lumia 950 could be about $50 more off-contract than a Galaxy S5, but I'll take the $50 hit to get wireless charging, a better camera, microSD support, and a removable back/battery (the former more important for aesthetics than the latter for swapping batteries).

Are you talking about a Windows phone? Windows phones are awesome, I'm not arguing that haha.

#154 Lil Frier  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

It's called stock Android, and it's a completely different world than you experienced.

But then I have to buy directly from Google and sacrifice the aforementioned benefits, like the camera, wireless charging, microSD support, removable back (for aesthetics), and dedicated camera button. I also then have to sign up for a Google account, adding to the unnecessary complexity of my online identity.

I don't GAIN anything over W10M with stock Android.

That is a nice thing about them. If only a few apps I really wanted were on Windows Phone I'd be really happy with it. 

Out of curiosity, which ones? Like I said, I'm not a big app person. I can listen to music, access AIM, and surf the web. I'm basically covered. I'd like a better IM client, but it's not too bad.

#155 Lil Frier  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Are you talking about a Windows phone? Windows phones are awesome, I'm not arguing that haha.

Well, even iOS devices. The AT&T Next price from the S5 to the i6 (not 6S) is $1/month. Is $20 over 2 years really a price premium? Don't get me wrong, I find iOS cumbersome and awkward, and I don't like Apple as a company, so I wont' buy from them to begin with. However, phones are in that hyper-mainstream area now where each brand is basically the same price, and it becomes about loyalty and preference. It's like picking a TV now--you can find something good from 3-5 manufacturers at about the same price, so just pick one. In the same vein, the Android benefit no longer includes a pricing advantage. The Nexus devices are a bit cheaper than the iOS offerings, but as I previously stated, those require hoops to buy, activate, and some hardware sacrifices (though less so against an iPhone than a Windows Phone).

#156 BrianJason  

BrianJason

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

I want to bounce something off you guys quick...

I try to avoid contacting amazon over minor problems...and this one is borderline.  The carelessness of the packer was at it's finest here.

Ordered 2 Infinity Wii U Starter sets for $56 from a 3rd party packed and shipped by Amazon. One came with the box ripped, one side was almost completely ripped off. The other looked like it was just throw around and had a few large dings.  If this was for personal use, no problem, the components themselves are fine.  But... I am trading these back in and this will likely ruin a (LN) grade.

I did return an order from a 3rd party seller fulfilled item in September, but have not had a problem with an amazon fulfilled order in 4-5 months. 

Thanks guys. Go Pack.

Would you contact cs in this situation?

#157 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

But then I have to buy directly from Google and sacrifice the aforementioned benefits, like the camera, wireless charging, microSD support, removable back (for aesthetics), and dedicated camera button. I also then have to sign up for a Google account, adding to the unnecessary complexity of my online identity.

I don't GAIN anything over W10M with stock Android.

The fact you have to have a removable back is a completely arbitrary requirement. Pretty much everything else could be addressed. Several manufacturers do at least some of those requirements, there might be one or two that does all. As far as signing up for Google, that's not a magical pill that makes your identity complex - it's already there. Don't think that having a Microsoft account is somehow safer or less complex. What hoops does a Nexus device require to buy? Clicking a button on their website?

You use Windows, that's great. I'm not looking to change your mind, just address some of the misnomers.

The biggest issue to this point is the quality of the camera - it's been the one missing piece. However the new Nexus seems to be pretty good, the Galaxies have been good, and LG seems to have gotten it right as well.

#158 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

I want to bounce something off you guys quick...

I try to avoid contacting amazon over minor problems...and this one is borderline. The carelessness of the packer was at it's finest here.

Ordered 2 Infinity Wii U Starter sets for $56 from a 3rd party packed and shipped by Amazon. One came with the box ripped, one side was almost completely ripped off. The other looked like it was just throw around and had a few large dings. If this was for personal use, no problem, the components themselves are fine. But... I am trading these back in and this will likely ruin a (LN) grade.

I did return an order from a 3rd party seller fulfilled item in September, but have not had a problem with an amazon fulfilled order in 4-5 months.

Thanks guys. Go Pack.

Would you contact cs in this situation?

Email them about packaging feedback.

#159 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well, even iOS devices. The AT&T Next price from the S5 to the i6 (not 6S) is $1/month. Is $20 over 2 years really a price premium? Don't get me wrong, I find iOS cumbersome and awkward, and I don't like Apple as a company, so I wont' buy from them to begin with. However, phones are in that hyper-mainstream area now where each brand is basically the same price, and it becomes about loyalty and preference. It's like picking a TV now--you can find something good from 3-5 manufacturers at about the same price, so just pick one. In the same vein, the Android benefit no longer includes a pricing advantage. The Nexus devices are a bit cheaper than the iOS offerings, but as I previously stated, those require hoops to buy, activate, and some hardware sacrifices (though less so against an iPhone than a Windows Phone).

Android is a better operating system for anyone that wants diversity and options, and that's what I'm looking for.

#160 Lil Frier  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

The fact you have to have a removable back is a completely arbitrary requirement. Pretty much everything else could be addressed. Several manufacturers do at least some of those requirements, there might be one or two that does all. As far as signing up for Google, that's not a magical pill that makes your identity complex - it's already there. Don't think that having a Microsoft account is somehow safer or less complex. What hoops does a Nexus device require to buy? Clicking a button on their website?

You use Windows, that's great. I'm not looking to change your mind, just address some of the misnomers.

The biggest issue to this point is the quality of the camera - it's been the one missing piece. However the new Nexus seems to be pretty good, the Galaxies have been good, and LG seems to have gotten it right as well.

I mean, I'll make this my last reply because this isn't the thread to do this in the first place, and I'm sure there's SOMEONE considering complaining to a mod.

Everything is arbitrary, in the end. The pink iPhone's popularity is based on preference. The customization ability of Android is arbitrary. One preference doesn't negate the other. It matters to me because I've sat with a black slab for the past 5 years, and I'd like the option to swap the back for something more vibrant. That, and it means that if the battery gives out, you don't have to send the phone off for repair, or risk making matters worse if you screw things up opening a unibody device.

As for the account thing, it's about consolidating things. I already have a Microsoft account for Xbox LIVE. It's not about if Google's secure, it's about having to create an account I don't need. The hoops to jump through, they're not major. They involve doing the one-payment device purchase, which sucks when your disposable income doesn't allow it quite yet (as I've previously stated, I just started working and getting paid, so I haven't gotten to save up enough to start making big purchases on a whim, though this isn't a fault of Google, and it would apply if I went for a Lumia 950XL). What kind of matters is having to wait on the shipping to get you the phone. I'm impatient, in some respects.

I would have to grab my little brother or dad's phone to check the camera on a new Samsung device. I haven't tried one since the S III, and it was crap. Low-light performance was trash, and the colors were WAY too saturated for my liking. But even beyond that, going with a Nexus device also means giving up wireless charging and microSD support. I have 32 GB in my 920, and it's not enough anymore for music, photos, and videos. I hate having to curate my media content on my phone (my music library's about 50 GB, and I have probably north of 1,000 photos and videos). And seriously, it sounds dumb, but the camera button really does make a difference to me. It makes photos faster to take, and it's gotten me more-willing to take pictures.

Android is a better operating system for anyone that wants diversity and options, and that's what I'm looking for.

Oh, yeah, no doubt. Like I said though, I'm fine letting the people in my family incapable of understanding electricity use iOS. Saves me 12 headaches/month, I'm sure.

#161 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

I mean, I'll make this my last reply because this isn't the thread to do this in the first place, and I'm sure there's SOMEONE considering complaining to a mod.

Everything is arbitrary, in the end. The pink iPhone's popularity is based on preference. The customization ability of Android is arbitrary. One preference doesn't negate the other. It matters to me because I've sat with a black slab for the past 5 years, and I'd like the option to swap the back for something more vibrant. That, and it means that if the battery gives out, you don't have to send the phone off for repair, or risk making matters worse if you screw things up opening a unibody device.

As for the account thing, it's about consolidating things. I already have a Microsoft account for Xbox LIVE. It's not about if Google's secure, it's about having to create an account I don't need. The hoops to jump through, they're not major. They involve doing the one-payment device purchase, which sucks when your disposable income doesn't allow it quite yet (as I've previously stated, I just started working and getting paid, so I haven't gotten to save up enough to start making big purchases on a whim, though this isn't a fault of Google, and it would apply if I went for a Lumia 950XL). What kind of matters is having to wait on the shipping to get you the phone. I'm impatient, in some respects.

I would have to grab my little brother or dad's phone to check the camera on a new Samsung device. I haven't tried one since the S III, and it was crap. Low-light performance was trash, and the colors were WAY too saturated for my liking. But even beyond that, going with a Nexus device also means giving up wireless charging and microSD support. I have 32 GB in my 920, and it's not enough anymore for music, photos, and videos. I hate having to curate my media content on my phone (my music library's about 50 GB, and I have probably north of 1,000 photos and videos). And seriously, it sounds dumb, but the camera button really does make a difference to me. It makes photos faster to take, and it's gotten me more-willing to take pictures.

Oh, yeah, no doubt. Like I said though, I'm fine letting the people in my family incapable of understanding electricity use iOS. Saves me 12 headaches/month, I'm sure.

Pretty reasonable, and I get it.

There are a lot of compromises to make with any phones, and no phone out there gets it completely right between hardware and software. Apple gets it the most right, most consistently. I'd go back to Apple if I had to - I did it before. I just love the connectivity I have with my phone, watch and headphones.

Once I gave up my requirements of having expandable memory, my world opened up. For music, I just use a dedicated device. Better audio, better storage, etc. Not an option for some, but then again I'm not usually in a position where I need hours of music - I work from home, it's already on my computer. When I go into work I bring the iPod Classic out of the car. Or if I need a better audio profile, the Zune. In fact, when I realized that I was expecting my phone to do too much (be a master of all trades), I became happier. Marshmallow's external storage integration might change the game, though.

The nice thing about my Moto X is the gestures - twist for the camera, chop for a flashlight, etc. The integration with my 360 as well has been pretty top-notch - I can't imagine the Apple Watch and a 6s+ to be $1000 better. My big issue with Windows right now is the complete lack of apps - I just couldn't do it on an everyday basis. A cheap Lumia would be cool to play with, but for me that would be it.

#162 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - Nintendo 3DS - LN 21.55

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4 - LN 16.91

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition - LN 15.80

Murdered Soul Suspect - PlayStation 4 - LN 14.33 - VG 13.53

Pure Chess PS4 - PlayStation 4 - LN 16.16

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Vita - LN 9.86

Army Corps of Hell - PlayStation Vita - LN 12.57

Ryse: Legendary Edition - XBox One - A  16.50 - G 17.60 - LN 19.80

Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition - Xbox One Standard Edition - A 14.84 - G 15.83 - LN 17.81

#163 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

I mean if you're technologically ignorant, can't clear you system cache, use stock launchers, hate customization, like Apple's stranglehold on you, think drinking coffee from local coffee shops makes you classy and/or need things spoon fed to you then IOS is the way to go.

I work in IT as a "network engineer" (title is a little generous, but more accurate than hardware technician as that was my previous title), so I wouldn't consider myself technologically ignorant. I do love customization, but that was easy to give up given how buggy my phone was. Constantly clearing my cache, force killing apps, and rebooting my phone was annoying. Also, my Note's USB port completely crapped out before my 2 year agreement ended. iOS is very simple and in my experience, just works, although it is not without its issues either. Just my two cents.

#164 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6569 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

From what I've gathered Samsung and TouchWiz are quite bloated and pure Google devices are the android equivalent to ios for speed and smoothness since there's is zero bloat

#165 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

From what I've gathered Samsung and TouchWiz are quite bloated and pure Google devices are the android equivalent to ios for speed and smoothness since there's is zero bloat

TouchWiz is absolute shit. I learned that a little while ago.

#166 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

i have a galaxy s6 edge and I'm in love with it. coming from a iPhone 6

#167 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

I work in IT as a "network engineer" (title is a little generous, but more accurate than hardware technician as that was my previous title), so I wouldn't consider myself technologically ignorant. I do love customization, but that was easy to give up given how buggy my phone was. Constantly clearing my cache, force killing apps, and rebooting my phone was annoying. Also, my Note's USB port completely crapped out before my 2 year agreement ended. iOS is very simple and in my experience, just works, although it is not without its issues either. Just my two cents.

The kid doesn't know anything about Texas or apple products, so kind of shows they like to ass-ume things.

#168 Modoru   ne, shitteru? ૮(◕ ᴥ ◕ ∪) CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

Just curious. I've been on ios since the 3G but recently sold my 6 plus and picked up a Nexus 6. Seems awesome so far, just trying to get used to it and hoping I didn't make a mistake

Should've gotten the 6X. The 6 was... OK for a phone, but not great.

#169 gindias  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

What shitty phones did you use?

The last two were the HTC one in 2013 and the Note 3 last year, both touted as flagship phones at the time. The only decent andriod device I ever had was was my old G2X that ran a vanilla gingerbread os. This issue isn't unique to me, almost every andriod user I know complains about laggy screens and horrible response times. iOS might be boring but it does what I need it to do without many issues, my windows phone is every bit as good as my iPhone it just lacks some key apps I use for work/travel. I used to love the flexibility and selection of Andriod devices but just got tired of the poor performance over time.

#170 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

The last two were the HTC one in 2013 and the Note 3 last year, both touted as flagship phones at the time. The only decent andriod device I ever had was was my old G2X that ran a vanilla gingerbread os. This issue isn't unique to me, almost every andriod user I know complains about laggy screens and horrible response times. iOS might be boring but it does what I need it to do without many issues, my windows phone is every bit as good as my iPhone it just lacks some key apps I use for work/travel. I used to love the flexibility and selection of Andriod devices but just got tired of the poor performance over time.

It's mostly the skins. Touchwiz and Sense.

#171 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

Since this thread has been OT for hours...

Does the Last of Us on PS3 brick super slims or was that just related to the old firmware update?

#172 Zalaki   Worker by night, Gamer by day CAGiversary!   2629 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

Well that didn't take long for this thread to spiral out of control. Title should be "Off topic banter with a few AWD deals here and there"

Lol

Since this thread has been OT for hours...

Does the Last of Us on PS3 brick super slims or was that just related to the old firmware update?

Just old phat consoles I believe.

#173 Coper3000   Gettin' Old. CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

Well that didn't take long for this thread to spiral out of control. Title should be "Off topic banter with a few AWD deals here and there"

Lol

Just old phat consoles I believe.

Or, Cell Phone Appreciation Thread. 

#174 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Time for XVII.

#175 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:21 PM

TLOU didn't brick my 60gb. Taxed it though.

Need to see if its worth it to reball.

#176 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:21 AM

Here for my t_unread_dot.png

#177 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:27 AM

I don't know much about phones, so I couldn't contribute to the off-topic discussion.

#178 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

Almost as bad as the Texans getting all defensive in the last thread.

#179 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13961 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

To go along with the Dreamcast games lately:

Dreamcast - Console (A) $58.14  (oh for fucks sake, what's the Dreamcast logo shortcut)

THPS - (G) $5.14 - Guaranteed to be better than the latest one

#180 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

To go along with the Dreamcast games lately:

Dreamcast - Console (A) $58.14  (oh for fucks sake, what's the Dreamcast logo shortcut)

Don't think we have one here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, amazon warehouse deals, warehouse deals, awd, Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread, XVI