* * * * - 9 votes

Target 11/8 - 11/14: Buy Two Get One Free All Video Games

target black friday fallout 4 black ops 3 amiibo festival halo 5 metal gear solid 5 super mario maker ad preview rise of the tomb raider

#361 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

I'm curious about something. Let's say for some reason I bought Halo 4 at Walmart for $60 the day it came out. 2 days later I received a copy as a gift. Same exact barcode, same everything. If I kept my receipt and used it to return the gifted copy to Walmart, is that return fraud?

No it's not.

#362 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:49 PM

Okay cool, seemed like a stupid question but the wording of the legalities tripped me up.

#363 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:49 PM

I'm curious about something. Let's say for some reason I bought Halo 4 at Walmart for $60 the day it came out. 2 days later I received a copy as a gift. Same exact barcode, same everything. If I kept my receipt and used it to return the gifted copy to Walmart, is that return fraud?

No, because you bought it for full price and returning it what you paid for it. 

In the eyes of Walmart, you bought Halo and returned Halo within their policy with a receipt. 

#364 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

To add to my confusion, I had an altercation with a Gamestop manager where he accused me of return fraud a while back. I had purchased Zombie Army Trilogy from a Gamestop because Best Buy didn't get any in any of the stores around me. A few weeks later I had the opportunity to get the game for $32 I think it was? I got it and went to return the sealed copy I got with my receipt to Gamestop (fully within return policy.) The Gamestop manager got super sketchy when I tried to return it, he asked me why and I said I found a better price (I'm a terrible liar so I don't try.) He said he "knew" this couldn't have been from a Gamestop because it was sealed (lmao) and that I need to be careful because I was committing return fraud. I nuked him on a survey later on for being a douche but it had me questioning myself for a while.

#365 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

I believe the code is packed in all first run copies.

If that is the case good news cause this has been so confusing, major nelson made it sound like you need to pre order it, while others have said it comes with a code in the box

#366 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:05 AM

To add to my confusion, I had an altercation with a Gamestop manager where he accused me of return fraud a while back. I had purchased Zombie Army Trilogy from a Gamestop because Best Buy didn't get any in any of the stores around me. A few weeks later I had the opportunity to get the game for $32 I think it was? I got it and went to return the sealed copy I got with my receipt to Gamestop (fully within return policy.) The Gamestop manager got super sketchy when I tried to return it, he asked me why and I said I found a better price (I'm a terrible liar so I don't try.) He said he "knew" this couldn't have been from a Gamestop because it was sealed (lmao) and that I need to be careful because I was committing return fraud. I nuked him on a survey later on for being a douche but it had me questioning myself for a while.

Exhibit #137814 of why Gamestop blows.  That's twice we've been reminded today.

#367 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6702 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:11 AM

No, because you bought it for full price and returning it what you paid for it. 

In the eyes of Walmart, you bought Halo and returned Halo within their policy with a receipt. 

I don't think that's accurate.  It's technically return fraud in that you are not returning the same item you purchased.  There is some guy in the Japanese niche thread that is constantly talking about returning damaged items he gets from Best Buy to Gamestop (i.e. he buys a copy for shipping to home from both retailers so he is getting the GCU discount, but relying on the better quality packaging GS uses for many niche titles).  Having said that, I don't know of any real way a store could prevent this type of return fraud short of creating unique bar codes or other identifiers on their copies of the same games.   

#368 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2725 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:57 AM

Partially true: Last year the 1.0 figures were half off in a lot of places, as stores were trying to thin out the old inventory. I suspect this year we will see a lot of sales on 2.0 inventory (to make more room for 3.0 stock, especially since Force Awakens set comes out next month).

I think he was referring to the starter games and not figs.

#369 Jeff Jr.   My Pokemart won't price match :( CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:42 AM

Is there fine print for the B2G1 free? I want to grab 2 copies of Call of Duty for a friend, and I remember that Target had a B2G1 with a no duplicates policy last time.

#370 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

Should be able to get duplicates.

#371 calcutta8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

calcutta8

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

Is there fine print for the B2G1 free? I want to grab 2 copies of Call of Duty for a friend, and I remember that Target had a B2G1 with a no duplicates policy last time.

I was wondering the same thing.  I need 3 copies of Call of Duty.  Im thinking of buying them this week and just getting an adjustment next week.  Should that be a problem?

#372 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:07 AM

I might have to pass on B2G1 this year. Have most of the games I want for now, and will probably get even more crap on BF. Besides, the B2G1 sales are what really add serious mass to my backlog.

#373 NeoMonk  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

Showing up late to this clusterfuck of a thread like

pimp-kramer-o.gif

#374 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:36 AM

Cosmo fucking Kramer.

#375 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Fallout 4, GTAV on PC, and Star Wars Battlefront for <$40/each...tops...I can go for that.

#376 NewGuy101  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

Is the following possible:

1. Pre-order and pick up 3 games that release before the 11/14 at Best Buy / GCU (20% discount + $10 BB certificate each)

2. Price match Targets B2G1 but still capture the Best Buy $10 certificates + 20% GCU.

In other words:

3 new release games and $30 in BB certificates for $96 + tax.

#377 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

1. Pre-order and pick up 3 games that release before the 11/14 at Best Buy / GCU (20% discount + $10 BB certificate each)
2. Price match Targets B2G1 but still capture the Best Buy $10 certificates + 20% GCU.
In other words:

GCU doesn't stack with price matches, it's pick one. Not sure about certs

#378 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

They also don't price match buy get free sales.

#379 Draknight   Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

In other words:

Also it's ymmv when price matching b2g1 deals. Some had success in the past but it's definitely a crapshoot

#380 Rick4Life  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

I hate people that try and commit return fraud. 

Cross-retailer return: Returning or exchanging an item purchased at another retailer (usually at a lower price) for cash, store credit or a similar, higher-priced item at another retailer.

On that note... and first let me preface this with the fact that I flip more than 90% of the people here... I don't need to compare numbers, I just know I do.

But, the one the irks me the most, is when people buy games from one retailer, then go to another store and trade them back in to the same retailer.

I have no problem buying 50 games from one company, trading them in to another company, and walking away with $1,000 and smirking the whole way laughing "suckers!"

But to negatively, intentionally, diminish the bottom line of a company that without a doubt is losing money because you are buying from them and then trading them right back for more... that one gets me. I can't live with myself if I did that one. If left to un-restricted limits that company would go backrupt from that mistake. And some people exploit it.

Some will argue "it's their fault!"  That may be, but there has to be some moral ethicaly dillema there right? I mean, on the scale of 1-2 games, meh.... but to do 50-100 games exploiting the shit out of it... that one's different.

Like I said, if some company is doing a B1G1 and another company is running a trade in bonus, well hell, perfect formula, go to town. But not when one individual company is running a B1G1 and a TIV bonus at the same time... buying from one, trading back to same one... you need to take a shower, cause you dirty.

#381 g13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Does anyone know if Target's PC selection are typically included in the buy 2 get one free deal?

#382 ritchardf  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

So with all the deals Target has going on do you guys think this combination would work?

$120 for three games - 10% kids wish list discount - $10 off $100 coupon - 5% red card = $93.10 plus tax.

If this all comes together it could turn out to be a pretty great deal.

also might be able to combine a cartwheel as well if they add any. right now all the offers for video games expire on the 7th

#383 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

Will Target allow you to price match and do the B2G1? I looked at their price match policy and it looks like it is not excluded. For example, I think The Witcher 3 is $39.99 at Amazon but is $49.99 at Target. If we can price match, this could save us some money.

#384 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

On that note... and first let me preface this with the fact that I flip more than 90% of the people here... I don't need to compare numbers, I just know I do.

But, the one the irks me the most, is when people buy games from one retailer, then go to another store and trade them back in to the same retailer.

I have no problem buying 50 games from one company, trading them in to another company, and walking away with $1,000 and smirking the whole way laughing "suckers!"

But to negatively, intentionally, diminish the bottom line of a company that without a doubt is losing money because you are buying from them and then trading them right back for more... that one gets me. I can't live with myself if I did that one. If left to un-restricted limits that company would go backrupt from that mistake. And some people exploit it.

Some will argue "it's their fault!" That may be, but there has to be some moral ethicaly dillema there right? I mean, on the scale of 1-2 games, meh.... but to do 50-100 games exploiting the shit out of it... that one's different.

Like I said, if some company is doing a B1G1 and another company is running a trade in bonus, well hell, perfect formula, go to town. But not when one individual company is running a B1G1 and a TIV bonus at the same time... buying from one, trading back to same one... you need to take a shower, cause you dirty.

Guess you didn't participate in the great flipalooza of summer 2015 at GameStop then?

#385 Rick4Life  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

Guess you didn't participate in the great flipalooza of summer 2015 at GameStop then?

Oh I did, and I got suspended like all the greats out there. But I did it differently. 

#386 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

Will Target allow you to price match and do the B2G1? I looked at their price match policy and it looks like it is not excluded. For example, I think The Witcher 3 is $39.99 at Amazon but is $49.99 at Target. If we can price match, this could save us some money.

Yes but you have to be "strategic" with this price match deal.

#387 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

Oh I did, and I got suspended like all the greats out there. But I did it differently.

Do as I say not as I do.

#388 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Do as I say not as I do.

I don't believe he's saying, buy from target and trade into target. I bought from target and traded into Best Buy, Walmart, and GameStop.

During the triple trade in value at Target, people were literally buying new games and trading them in right away without batting an eye.

I recently bought a couple used copies of Madden and FIFA at BestBuy and traded them in immediately to get the coupon promo for the New Years version.

I don't like passing judgement on anyone for people using the system to their advantage. I just don't have the "belly" to do some of the ethically questionable practices I see others exploiting.

#389 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

I don't believe he's saying, buy from target and trade into target. I bought from target and traded into Best Buy, Walmart, and GameStop.

During the triple trade in value at Target, people were literally buying new games and trading them in right away without batting an eye.

My point was he said he couldn't live with himself buying games from a company than trading them back to the same company for a profit but he did it with game stop.

#390 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

My point was he said he couldn't live with himself buying games from a company than trading them back to the same company for a profit but he did it with game stop.

Touché. But buying and trading used games are a different animal, imho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: target, black friday, fallout 4, black ops 3, amiibo festival, halo 5, metal gear solid 5, super mario maker, ad preview, rise of the tomb raider