* * * * - 9 votes

Target 11/8 - 11/14: Buy Two Get One Free All Video Games

target black friday fallout 4 black ops 3 amiibo festival halo 5 metal gear solid 5 super mario maker ad preview rise of the tomb raider

#391 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

Was the deal also active online last year? I want to jump in on the deal but the earliest i'd be at target is monday.

#392 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Yes but you have to be "strategic" with this price match deal.

Can you be more specific? What does "strategic" mean?

#393 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

Can you be more specific? What does "strategic" mean?

Usually, it means shopping for other things in the process, in the hopes the CS rep won't see the B2G1 stack with the PMs. Easier to overlook a double-dip while scanning a bunch of things.

#394 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

Usually, it means shopping for other things in the process, in the hopes the CS rep won't see the B2G1 stack with the PMs. Easier to overlook a double-dip while scanning a bunch of things.

That's only 1 part of the strategy and it's also optional. The other part is to make sure the prices of each game are uniform. That is essential.

#395 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6702 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

Was the deal also active online last year? I want to jump in on the deal but the earliest i'd be at target is monday.

Yes, but only a small selection of the games qualified.  I think last year it was under 100 games total that worked with B2G1 at Target.com.  

#396 InducedPhobia  

InducedPhobia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

In for NFS, Black Ops 3, and Tomb Raider. GG Target.

#397 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

That's only 1 part of the strategy and it's also optional. The other part is to make sure the prices of each game are uniform. That is essential.

What part does that play? My issue is that the employee sees two deals and gets uppity, and I don't see how pricing stops that.

#398 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

What part does that play? My issue is that the employee sees two deals and gets uppity, and I don't see how pricing stops that.

The free game will always be the cheapest one. Last year, I got 3 copies of COD:AW for $20 each a week after release by PMing Brandsmart for $30.

But this is Target after all, so the games will have the price of the lowest priced game pro rated across all 3 games.

#399 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try my luck next week and see what happens. I know some people are waiting for Best Buy to have this sale so they can stack it with GCU but no one is sure if they will do it this year. It may happen but it would be just my luck that it won't. I have the money now so I will take advantage of this deal.

#400 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

I'm curious about something. Let's say for some reason I bought Halo 4 at Walmart for $60 the day it came out. 2 days later I received a copy as a gift. Same exact barcode, same everything. If I kept my receipt and used it to return the gifted copy to Walmart, is that return fraud?

No, it's not.  It's the exact same item, as long as the UPCs match.  The fraud would be if you bought the item at Target for $40 net with the B2G1 sale and tried to return to to Walmart for $60 worth of in-store credit.  Since you didn't buy it from them, it's cross-retailer fraud/return fraud.  It's using the no-receipt return policy for a purchase you didn't make.

To add to my confusion, I had an altercation with a Gamestop manager where he accused me of return fraud a while back. I had purchased Zombie Army Trilogy from a Gamestop because Best Buy didn't get any in any of the stores around me. A few weeks later I had the opportunity to get the game for $32 I think it was? I got it and went to return the sealed copy I got with my receipt to Gamestop (fully within return policy.) The Gamestop manager got super sketchy when I tried to return it, he asked me why and I said I found a better price (I'm a terrible liar so I don't try.) He said he "knew" this couldn't have been from a Gamestop because it was sealed (lmao) and that I need to be careful because I was committing return fraud. I nuked him on a survey later on for being a douche but it had me questioning myself for a while.

That guy is a huge douche and can't prove anything.  If the UPC matches what is on the receipt, he can go Fuck himself with a sandpaper-covered dildo.   He was trying to stop you from making a valid return.  Good that you burned him on a survey, he deserved it for that crap.

There have been different games that have had different UPCs due to different DLCs included in the case, such as first print-run DLCs that are retailer-specific.  Or like PS3 copies of Bioshock 2 that came with Bioshock 1 on disc, the upcoming X1 Fallout 4 with the code for Fallout 3 in the box, and so on.   Those would be different UPCs for the copies that had the bonus item versus not having the bonus item, though they're not usually retailer-specific.

I don't think we've had that in a while, though there have been ones in the past.

#401 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

On that note... and first let me preface this with the fact that I flip more than 90% of the people here... I don't need to compare numbers, I just know I do.

But, the one the irks me the most, is when people buy games from one retailer, then go to another store and trade them back in to the same retailer.

I have no problem buying 50 games from one company, trading them in to another company, and walking away with $1,000 and smirking the whole way laughing "suckers!"

But to negatively, intentionally, diminish the bottom line of a company that without a doubt is losing money because you are buying from them and then trading them right back for more... that one gets me. I can't live with myself if I did that one. If left to un-restricted limits that company would go backrupt from that mistake. And some people exploit it.

Some will argue "it's their fault!"  That may be, but there has to be some moral ethicaly dillema there right? I mean, on the scale of 1-2 games, meh.... but to do 50-100 games exploiting the shit out of it... that one's different.

Like I said, if some company is doing a B1G1 and another company is running a trade in bonus, well hell, perfect formula, go to town. But not when one individual company is running a B1G1 and a TIV bonus at the same time... buying from one, trading back to same one... you need to take a shower, cause you dirty.

Yeah bro.  Are there no ethics in abusing the shit out of flipping trade-in values anymore??

#402 Rick4Life  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

Do as I say not as I do.

?

Can you read?

#403 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

?

Can you read?

I can read hypocrite yes.

#404 Rick4Life  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Yeah bro.  Are there no ethics in abusing the shit out of flipping trade-in values anymore??

We were talking about return fraud and I related purchasing games from a store and trading them back into the store as being on the same level. You are intentionally hurting the bottom line.

#405 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

We were talking about return fraud and I related purchasing games from a store and trading them back into the store as being on the same level. You are intentionally hurting the bottom line.

That's not anything like return fraud.

#406 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

Oh I did, and I got suspended like all the greats out there. But I did it differently.

Contradiction in your statement then. So in essence, you despise yourself? Because buying from GameStop and then proceeding to go to another for profit is what you just said you disapprove of.

#407 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Flipgaters

#408 ICHIRO51MVP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ICHIRO51MVP

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

So if a store is selling something at a price below its original cost to bring in customers to hopefully buy other items too, it's also fraud if you only purchase that one item because "you are intentionally hurting the bottom line"? You force yourself to buy other items to make sure you're not making the company lose money? Get off your high horse bro. Your morals/logic doesn't even make sense anyways.

#409 mojodude123  

mojodude123

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

So if a store is selling something at a price below its original cost to bring in customers to hopefully buy other items too, it's also fraud if you only purchase that one item because "you are intentionally hurting the bottom line"? You force yourself to buy other items to make sure you're not making the company lose money? Get off your high horse bro. Your morals/logic doesn't even make sense anyways.

^

#410 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Today has had some glorious arguments. Thanks to all participants for keeping me entertained during a slow work day.

#411 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

The free game will always be the cheapest one. Last year, I got 3 copies of COD:AW for $20 each a week after release by PMing Brandsmart for $30.

But this is Target after all, so the games will have the price of the lowest priced game pro rated across all 3 games.

Well target does have glitches from time to time. Like the year the highest price game became free in the pos. Cags were buying 2 $20 games and getting AC3 collectors edition free. Ya never know...

#412 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:49 AM

Do you guys need mods to arbitrate?

I just happen to know how to get their attention

#413 kaos424   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

Can I buy 3 games and then exchange one later for star wars battlefront after it releases?

#414 cactustrav77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

cactustrav77

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Can I buy 3 games and then exchange one later for star wars battlefront after it releases?

From what people on here have said, you will get $40 back for the game you return so it will still cost you $20 more.

#415 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yes, but only a small selection of the games qualified.  I think last year it was under 100 games total that worked with B2G1 at Target.com.  

Thanks, I was afraid of this. Might just take an uber to get to target.

#416 notman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Will this work on say Lego Dimension sets?

#417 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1470 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

So with all the deals Target has going on do you guys think this combination would work?

$120 for three games - 10% kids wish list discount - $10 off $100 coupon - 5% red card = $93.10 plus tax.

If this all comes together it could turn out to be a pretty great deal.

Not seeing a flat $10 coupon

I see the 10% kids wish list and I see 10% Toybook coupon  (edit just saw the toybook coupon doesnt start until the 15th.. oh well )

You said it came in the mail?

#418 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

I'm hoping they still sell the fallout 4 and tomb raider cards since I already have a blop3 card

They'd give you three $5 gift card then right? I was thinking it was $5 off originially

Not seeing a flat $10 coupon

I see the 10% kids wish list and I see 10% Toybook coupon  (edit just saw the toybook coupon doesnt start until the 15th.. oh well )

You said it came in the mail?

I got a $10 off over $100 order attached to the back of the toy book that came in the mail.

I assume that's what it was, flimsy magazine type paper and had a bunch of toys in it

#419 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3732 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

In for NFS, Black Ops 3, and Tomb Raider. GG Target.

Thinking the same thing. I was going to wait for the PC version of Tomb Raider and price drops on the other two but I may bite on this deal. Might switch NFS out for AC: Syndicate.

#420 Dustin724   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Dustin724

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Really sorry to bring this up again, it was mentioned before and I can't find find it in search  :ziplip:

Just want to make sure about this. I will be able to buy Black Ops 3 tonight, keep the receipt, open and play it, buy a new copy on Sunday when Buy 2 Get 1 Free starts, and return the new copy with the old receipt right?

Thanks for the input! Appreciate it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: target, black friday, fallout 4, black ops 3, amiibo festival, halo 5, metal gear solid 5, super mario maker, ad preview, rise of the tomb raider