* * * * - 9 votes

Target 11/8 - 11/14: Buy Two Get One Free All Video Games

target black friday fallout 4 black ops 3 amiibo festival halo 5 metal gear solid 5 super mario maker ad preview rise of the tomb raider

#61 JonnyBigBoss   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

JonnyBigBoss

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Don't get halo 5

I can't speak for everyone, but Halo 5 is the best shooter I've played since Call of Duty 4. I find this to be deplorable consumer purchase advice. 

#62 zennacko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

zennacko

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

There's not going to be a $10 certificate. Best Buy confirmed.

But Rainbow 6 will get the $10, Fuck my luck.

#63 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

This isn't as good as Best Buy's will be. 

I remember last year everyone was freaking out over this... Remember, Target will mark all games to full MSRP.

$120 / 3 = $40 per game. Not a deal.

Thanks for popping in to bitch about a good sale!

#64 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

I used to get really excited for this but people have a point about BB doing this eventually. Plus hopefully it means I can get Star Wars Battlefront as well since it will be out by then.

Except none of these retards know if Best Buy is having a B2G1 sale or not. 

#65 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for popping in to bitch about a good sale!

It's good for those without gcu. It's inevitable best buy really will beat this sale.

#66 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Except none of these retards know if Best Buy is having a B2G1 sale or not.

Best buy ALWAYS has b2g1 sales. Are you new here?

#67 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Best buy ALWAYS has b2g1 sales. Are you new here?

Yeah yeah, always and forever twice each year for the last two years only.  Are you new here?

#68 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

Nope

#69 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

Will this work with toys to life figures?

It's been hit or miss in the past, some figs would ring up while others wouldn't...best bet is to take them to a scanner and see if it says "special offer" next to the price when you scan it.

Retail prices games b2g1? Super overrated sale. Halo was $39.99 the fucking day it came out (maybe the day after, can't remember)

In the past this deal has worked with clearance games and price-matching.  Not to mention the occasional glitch were it rings up as BOGO.  Plus Target prorates returns on these offers so you can return games but keep the discount on the ones you want.  You're pissing all over a deal because you are ignorant of how to maximize it.

#70 dannyboy235   CAG Master Banned   414 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dannyboy235

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

Are you guys sure about BB doing a B2G1 in the near future? I want to take advantage of this deal, but if you guys are sure, I will hold off...

#71 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Yeah yeah, always and forever twice each year for the last two years only. Are you new here?

You are really bitter. You need to get the sand out of your vagina. Everyone here is just stating the obvious to help others save money. Did a best buy employee piss in your corn flakes?

#72 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

You are really bitter. You need to get the sand out of your vagina. Everyone here is just stating the obvious to help others save money. Did a best buy employee piss in your corn flakes?

If by bitter you mean glad that I can get an additional 10% off at Target, +5% with Redcard then yes I'm very bitter. 

#73 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

This use to be a good deal but now with Best Buy you can get your Gamer Club discount and get $10.00 for preordering games. You can  get  new games for $40.00. I wouldn't  get  MGS and AC I bet these games will be $35.00 Black Friday.

This. It's almost impossible to go anywhere but BB for newer games with the GCU + $10 cert. Take into account BB black friday deals will still combine with GCU markdown. 

#74 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Timeshift and Killzone say hello.

Halo 5 has slower diagonal aiming than it's vertical/horizontal. 

That alone makes it trash.

#75 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

If by bitter you mean glad that I can get an additional 10% off at Target, +5% at Redcard then yes I'm very bitter.

Then buy it. Others here are just giving sound advice which are optional for you to take. Also not everyone has red card or whatever 10% discount you have. It's obvious that those here talking about best buy mention that you will need gcu.

#76 AionTelos   is PLUS ONE PIG! CAGiversary!   962 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Not bad, I think I'll take my chances with BB though. Thanks OP!

#77 AstronautAvi   Banned Banned   154 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

AstronautAvi

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

meh. $40 per game isnt a deal. these games will all be $25-30 on Black Friday in 2 weeks.............

#78 frankiesales  

frankiesales

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

any chance amazon will match this deal? 

they did match it in 2013 and sent me a coupon code in a email cant post a link to picture because I am a new member but google amazon buy 2 get 1 free videogames you will see the email they sent out 

#79 Lurker Turned CAG   Banned Banned   93 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Lurker Turned CAG

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

Just did the math for Best Buy GCU (60% next wk) and Target (50% next 2 days).

Target: Metro Redux (25$), COD Ghosts ($3.70, this I found hard to believe but what they gave me on the site), Shadow of Mordor (30$)

Best Buy: Metro Redux (36.8$), Ghosts (32$!!), SOM ($56)

That's as of right now, that doesn't mean they may not lower the price. But that is of right now today Oct 31.

So, let's do this.

At Target, I would get around 60$ in credit.

At Best Buy with the same games, I would get $124. That's more than double.

Let's say you have double the games.

120 in Credit. 250 in credit at Best Buy. This isn't really accurate, but anyway yeah.

Unless my math is wrong, it evens out with each other.

Edit: Actually, Best Buy STILL gives better deal.

Best Buy is from Nov 2nd - 8th, I don't have it on hand but I definitely read it.

(Found this info on Reddit, copy/pasted it here. Hopefully it helps some fellow CAG's)

#80 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Are you guys sure about BB doing a B2G1 in the near future? I want to take advantage of this deal, but if you guys are sure, I will hold off...

They did it last year either right before or right after christmas. It got kinda screwy because i tried to PM purchases I had made a week earlier and they didnt want to give me GCU because pricematch. 

#81 ryano9929  

ryano9929

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

So how does the best buy deal with gcu work? How much cheaper is it than doing the target deal with a red card?

#82 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Then buy it. Others here are just giving sound advice which are optional for you to take.

No actually others are giving bullshit advice because they have no idea whether or not Best Buy is having a B2G1 sale on or before this black Friday. If that sale actually does come along, or gets confirmed before this time next week, then great. 

There's plenty of people that came by to simply say they're going to wait this one out.  That's cool, I feel that.  Then there posters like you that come by simply to bitch about this deal or stick their noses up in the air acting like they're the only ones who knew BB had a B2G1 sale this time last year.

#83 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

In the past this deal has worked with clearance games and price-matching. Not to mention the occasional glitch were it rings up as BOGO. Plus Target prorates returns on these offers so you can return games but keep the discount on the ones you want. You're pissing all over a deal because you are ignorant of how to maximize it.

Yes, I'm aware of the different ways to abuse it.

#84 bouda  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

50% of double is whaaaaat

B2G1 comes out to $33/game after RC and POCs

#85 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

50% of double is whaaaaat

B2G1 comes out to $33/game after RC and POCs

Negative

#86 SharkyJay   The Best Mayne, I deed it CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

Going to get Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for my girlfriend, then get Black Ops III for myself.

This, plus my 15% off discount and $10 back for buying Tomb Raider + Fallout 4 is a pretty great deal.

#87 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Target: Metro Redux (25$), COD Ghosts ($3.70, this I found hard to believe but what they gave me on the site), Shadow of Mordor (30$)

Best Buy: Metro Redux (36.8$), Ghosts (32$!!), SOM ($56)

BB is only giving $1 for Ghosts not $32.

#88 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

This use to be a good deal but now with Best Buy you can get your Gamer Club discount and get $10.00 for preordering games. You can get new games for $40.00. I wouldn't get MGS and AC I bet these games will be $35.00 Black Friday.

good point

#89 ace-killa  

ace-killa

Are PC games included in these sales?

Instead of having a uselss "lol" 

I wanna say NO. Last year their ads clearly stated Xbox, Nintendo and Playstation no PC games.  But I recommend you look into https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/ They usually post PC and other platform game deals from legit sites.  If it does expand to PC the comments over there will be more useful. 

#90 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

So how does the best buy deal with gcu work? How much cheaper is it than doing the target deal with a red card?

20% off v. 5% off?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: target, black friday, fallout 4, black ops 3, amiibo festival, halo 5, metal gear solid 5, super mario maker, ad preview, rise of the tomb raider