- - - - -

$15 off $50 at Amazon by using Amex membership rewards.

Amazon American Express Amex

#1 Dbill309  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

Details are in the link:

http://www.amazon.co...c9c7d0d49719e2e

Expires 11/13/2015

#2 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Does it work on gift cards? I tried to link my card but I got locked out so I can't see.

#3 xplocvo   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

Thanks OP, but looks like this is for people new to spending rewards points. I couldn't get the code to work for me, then looked at the full terms and conditions which include the following: "6. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months."

#4 srac84  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

yeah my amex everyday cash isnt a rewards card..i tried this before but its actually a money cash back so it wont work unless you have a specifc type of card..

#5 Dbill309  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Does it work on gift cards? I tried to link my card but I got locked out so I can't see.

Not really sure. I used it on a couple games. 

Thanks OP, but looks like this is for people new to spending rewards points. I couldn't get the code to work for me, then looked at the full terms and conditions which include the following: "6. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months."

You're welcome. Maybe make an account for someone in your family that doesn't have one and try it that way. 

#6 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Keep in mind the amex points for amazon credit isn't a 1:1 exchange rate.

A $35 dollar item on Amazon would normally cost 50,000 points.

So a person is better off using 50,000 points to get a $50 gift card at a retail store.

#7 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10678 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

yeah my amex everyday cash isnt a rewards card..i tried this before but its actually a money cash back so it wont work unless you have a specifc type of card..

Same

#8 Dbill309  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

So a person is better off using 50,000 points to get a $50 gift card at a retail store.

It says as long as you use 1 membership reward point, it qualifies. 

5. Enter the promotion code at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. After redeeming the code, a credit of $15 will be automatically applied to your eligible purchase as long as Membership Rewards points are selected as your method of payment, at least one Membership Rewards point is used for the purchase and your shopping cart contains at least $50 of eligible products.

#9 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

Not sure if it's because of my specific card or what, but the exchange is actually a little better for me if I use Shop With Points at Amazon. A straight-up $50 AmEx gift card is 10,000 points, but my 9,269 points are $64.88.

So that, plus this $15, plus the secret $25 off for Prime members, starts to make the Uncharted PS4 Bundle kinda tempting.

#10 donjuan81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

i was able to use it on a $50 gamestop eGift card that i sent to my other email address. and then if you really wanted, you can buy a physical amazon gift card at a gamestop store with the gamestop eGift card.

Items: $50.00
Shipping & handling: $0.00
SWP Promo: -$15.00
Total before tax: $35.00
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00
Total: $35.00
Rewards Points: -$4.10
Order total: $30.90

#11 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

Doesn't seem to work for me. I must have used points at some point previously. 

This is the message I get: The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

Not very helpful. I have to assume I must have used points in the past and that's why it's blocking the promo code. My AMEX points show up just fine, it's just the promo that doesn't work. 

#12 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4967 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

I have the Blue Cash Everyday so guessing no go for me too.

#13 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Not sure if it's because of my specific card or what, but the exchange is actually a little better for me if I use Shop With Points at Amazon. A straight-up $50 AmEx gift card is 10,000 points, but my 9,269 points are $64.88.

The best deals on AmEx rewards are always 100 points per $1 of value (a $100 gift card = 10,000 points). You'll never get that through AmEx gift cards, or by using the points directly on retailer sites like Amazon or Best Buy though... you gotta look for the best values on the AmEx Rewards site. You can get the best rate on gift cards for Staples, Home Depot, Barnes & Noble, several clothing stores, restaurant chains, and a few various other things there. I usually use them for restaurant credit and movie tickets. I used to always get Dell gift cards but sadly they're not available any more.

#14 raystorm   Lets go Mets! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

raystorm

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

ah...my AMEX Blue Cash card isn't eligible.   Was worth checking anyways. 

#15 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

I swear I used a few amex points on Amazon in the past year.  And I know I had my AmEx as a payment option very recently but it wasn't there today. I must have deleted it.

So I  added it back and linked it up again and the discount worked.  Thanks OP.

#16 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

I went thru all the steps w/ the Blue Cash card but no go.Whats weird is the Amex Rewards membership website says I can't sign up for thr rewards program, which is weird b/c even my CC statement tells me how many points I have, and I've used some of those points in the past. Must be a newer rewards program or something. 

Whats the story w/ the "secret $25 off for Prime members"? Is that just the usal unadvertised Prime deal on some orders - I saved $10 on 2 games so far, Skylanders and Super MArio Maker - or is it a new code I'm unaware of?

I haven't paid Best Buy $30 for GCU yet b/c Amazon keeps giving me deals. 

#17 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

I went thru all the steps w/ the Blue Cash card but no go.Whats weird is the Amex Rewards membership website says I can't sign up for thr rewards program, which is weird b/c even my CC statement tells me how many points I have, and I've used some of those points in the past. Must be a newer rewards program or something.

Whats the story w/ the "secret $25 off for Prime members"? Is that just the usal unadvertised Prime deal on some orders - I saved $10 on 2 games so far, Skylanders and Super MArio Maker - or is it a new code I'm unaware of?

I haven't paid Best Buy $30 for GCU yet b/c Amazon keeps giving me deals.

I have the same card as you except it's the Blue Cash Perferred. We're not eligible since our cards are cash back reward cards, not point based reward cards.

#18 slim150   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

Every year people get bummed that theres no PS+ membership deal on black friday like there was the first year.  Well you can essentially get a PS+ membership for $35 right now in the form of a $50 gamestop gift card.

You need to link your AMEX with your amazon account and spend 1 point of your AMEX MR points and then you can get $15 off your order.  I found that this $15 off works on the Gamestop giftcard.

Link to offer:

http://www.amazon.co...2015promoactive

Link to Gamestop card:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00BXLTZ6K

#19 Dbill309  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

https://www.cheapass.../#entry13006514

#20 The Carrot Cake Kid   Luvs Creamy Frosting CAGiversary!   1499 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

The Carrot Cake Kid

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

Uh ok

#21 BaIZIoo  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

wow, there seems to be a glitch where you can buy ANYTHING at Gamestop with that Gamestop gift card! All new games $45 at Gamestop!! Better than GCU!

#22 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

?

#23 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

So the deal is $15 off $50+ @ amazon, as opposed to what you said.

also if I remember correctly ps+ is constantly on sale in one way or another, and not for just people with american express cards (which from what I understand aren't easy to get) and whatever those points are.

This is already a targeted deal and then you made it less of a deal by saying it's specifically ps+.

if anybody is actually able and wanting specifically the ps plus here's the ps plus download:

http://www.gamestop....embership/84626

#24 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

FYI, Offer not valid to users who have used points in the last 24 months.

#25 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4648 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

also if I remember correctly ps+ is constantly on sale in one way or another,

Not really, though that doesn't change that the OP is an odd way of looking at this deal.

#26 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

Not for me, but I did learn that no one I knew had an American Express card.