* * * * * 1 votes

Meijer Thanksgiving, Black Friday/Saturday ad is here!

PS4 Xbox 360 Wii U Xbox One Arguing Wheres the Best Buy ad!?!

#31 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

It appears to follow the same "$50 off" formula as the other consoles.

You're right. I didn't realize the Wii U was still $300. 

#32 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

Nice find, OP. I typed out the game lists because I am a dork.

THANKSGIVING AD
Skylanders Superchargers Starter Pack - $49.99
Lego Dimensions Starter Pack - $69.99

The Evil Within - $20
God of War 3 Remastered - $20
Lego Jurassic World (LAST GEN) - $20
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - $20
MLB The Show - $20
Rare Replay - $20
Just Dance 2016 - $20

Gears of War Ultimate - $30
Elder Scrolls Online - $30
Lego Jurassic World (CURRENT GEN) - $30
Witcher 3 - $30
Batman Arkham Knight - $30
Mad Max - $30
Mortal Kombat X - $30

The $40 stuff is the same as every year. EA titles and AC. Also, Forza 6.

BLACK FRIDAY AD
Skylanders Infinity Starter Pack - $49.99
Guitar Hero Live - $79.99

thanks dork

#33 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

I'm holding off for Aldi's BF ad. 

Their trail mix will be buy one get one free :)

#34 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

It's mostly for people who missed out on the game last gen. If you don't like it don't buy it. Wishing ill on people who buy them is disguting.

I for one am happy about the remasters. I never had a PS3 so I am excited to get a PS4 and finally play the Uncharted series and TLOU.

#35 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

You're right. I didn't realize the Wii U was still $300. 

Hard to believe, I know.

#36 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Interesting .. it's nice to see a list of prices for games so that we can get a better idea of what to expect. I'm still waiting for the other stores to have their ads leaked. I wanna know what all my options are.

#37 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

Is that $50 off and a $50 GC really any better than paying $50 more now, getting a $50 GC, and getting a free $60 game? Seems they are about even to me, and I'm an impatient man. Did I overlook something?

It's a slightly better deal to wait until BF if you're going with a vanilla console, but if you're going for something like the Forza console, it's totally worth going for it now. Although you get a free game now, on black friday, it's likely that game will be less than MSRP. That said, Deader is probably right about another retailer having a better deal.

#38 Lil Frier  

I prefer paying less oop. This is just one retailer. I'll hold out and see if another has an even better deal.

Yeah, I guess it's just perspective. I'm ending up with a free game I already intended to buy, so it was going to come out of my pocket regardless, haha. That, and the $40 off a controller at BB (my store is part of it) ends up winning the day.

Plus, since I am doing the console trade at GS, buying now means I don't sit without a console for 2-3 weeks and I don't have to fight a crowd (though if BB does this with early Elite Plus access, Yahtzee! for everyone).

#39 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Amazon pms in the sense that they just copy other retailers black Friday deals via lightning deals. You can't request a pm during black Friday though

But you can from Walmart! 

My local store wouldn't.  I complained to corporate.  Corporate contacted the store and told them to give it to me for up to a week after BF and affirmed they do price match even on Black Friday.

#40 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

It's a slightly better deal to wait until BF if you're going with a vanilla console, but if you're going for something like the Forza console, it's totally worth going for it now. Although you get a free game now, on black friday, it's likely that game will be less than MSRP. That said, Deader is probably right about another retailer having a better deal.

Totally possible. I just don't have the social life necessary to trade in my One and have no gaming for a few weeks while Black Friday prepares itself.

#41 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

No Meijer's around here so hopefully Best Buy has the Wii U Splatoon/SSB Bundle(maybe sweeten the deal alittle more) and $20 Just Dance 2016.

If BB Wii U deal is anything like last years, you will need to buy the system, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade, a pro controller, a wii plus remote, and 23 toasters to save $30

#42 temp4596821  

temp4596821

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Is that $50 off and a $50 GC really any better than paying $50 more now, getting a $50 GC, and getting a free $60 game? Seems they are about even to me, and I'm an impatient man. Did I overlook something?

I don't have a meijer so never been there, are the "coupons" gift cards? I'm not seeing anywhere that explicitly states the xone/ps4 base price is $299 and that you also get a $50 gc to make it a $250 value.

If this is true, this is definitely worth waiting for. The $60 dollar game is not really worth $60, in 2 weeks from now something like assassin's creed will be selling for $40 (or less with GCU). But I feel you on the impatience. Wait another 3 weeks or fire up an xbone this weekend...

#43 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

It's a shame to see the stores staying with the early open times on Thanksgiving. I feel bad for the employees. I mean, can you really enjoy your Thanksgiving, knowing you have to go to work soon? I was hoping they would at least push it back to 10ish. Anyone else miss the days when the stores opened at 2 am?

#44 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

Speaking of the forza 6 console... It's $40 off at Meijer right now. Saw it yesterday at my store. Thought I'd mention that

#45 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6308 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

If BB Wii U deal is anything like last years, you will need to buy the system, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade, a pro controller, a wii plus remote, and 23 toasters to save $30

https://www.blackfri...-4-games/163221

Save $50. But it wasn't a good deal imo.

#46 lockarm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

This thread reminds me: Where IS the annual Black Friday thread?

#47 temp4596821  

temp4596821

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Even the 1tb bundles will be $50 off according to this add. It seems that outside of forza (since its the most wanted console) waiting until BF will net the best profit. I can pay $430 (with tax) on a 1tb xbox and get a $50 gc and new game actually worth about $40 (which you can always get cheaper if you wait) or pay $370ish and get a $50 gc and pick up the game I want when it drops to $20/30,

#48 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

It's a shame to see the stores staying with the early open times on Thanksgiving. I feel bad for the employees. I mean, can you really enjoy your Thanksgiving, knowing you have to go to work soon? I was hoping they would at least push it back to 10ish. Anyone else miss the days when the stores opened at 2 am?

As successful as it has been, I don't see this going away any time soon. It sucks for those people that have to work, and I do feel bad, but i can't  say I don't benefit from it.

#49 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

I don't have a meijer so never been there, are the "coupons" gift cards? I'm not seeing anywhere that explicitly states the xone/ps4 base price is $299 and that you also get a $50 gc to make it a $250 value.

If this is true, this is definitely worth waiting for. The $60 dollar game is not really worth $60, in 2 weeks from now something like assassin's creed will be selling for $40 (or less with GCU). But I feel you on the impatience. Wait another 3 weeks or fire up an xbone this weekend...

Its a register coupon that prints out when you checkout . its value doesnt start until after the 3 day holiday sales

#50 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

As successful as it has been, I don't see this going away any time soon. It sucks for those people that have to work, and I do feel bad, but i can't  say I don't benefit from it.

You're probably right. I remember reading sales were down last year about 12% in the stores. Many were speculating they may push the start times back. Oh well.....Online shopping it is again, while watching football and drinking beer. Guess not too bad :).

#51 InducedPhobia  

InducedPhobia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

169.99 52" LED TV? O.o Doesn't even say which brand...

#52 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

I worked at Meijer for 6 years and it literally makes you hate every single holiday. You have to put up with more bs and miss out on any family functions. My family always did their Christmas gathering on Christmas eve so had to get left overs after work. Same thing for Thanksgiving. The whole thing just sucks. I get it that its the nature of the beast type thing but still.

#53 Lil Frier  

I've never bought from Meijer to know. But while a game might drop to $40 at BF, that's only about $10 better than what we have now, and $30 WORSE if you intend to make use of the controller deal this weekend.

#54 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

By Coupon what they mean is a receipt that prints up at check out. Next time you buy something you can the coupon and get $20 off your order. Usually it has some exclusions like not being used for gas and alcohol but otherwise its like a gift card essentially. Just easier to lose.

#55 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Just curious are COD games usually on sale on BF? Just wondering if I should wait or preorder at Best Buy for $10 cert and GCU discount

#56 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Just curious are COD games usually on sale on BF? Just wondering if I should wait or preorder at Best Buy for $10 cert and GCU discount

You make a couple of bucks and get more rewards if you pre-order, buy with GCU, then trade. Something like $52 spent and $54 back in credit. I'd just get it now, and if the BF ad leaks and has it for less, trade it in and rebuy for BF.

#57 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

I worked at Meijer for 6 years and it literally makes you hate every single holiday. You have to put up with more bs and miss out on any family functions. My family always did their Christmas gathering on Christmas eve so had to get left overs after work. Same thing for Thanksgiving. The whole thing just sucks. I get it that its the nature of the beast type thing but still.

Yea.....At least retail employees knew what they were signing up for when it started at 2 or 4am. Now, they barely have time to enjoy being with family. Last year was the first time my wife and I didn't go to any stores. This year will probably be the same, since everything appears to be starting around 6pm again. Also, we would just feel bad. We'd rather spend time with family and shop online. What kills me is Macys. They always preach how thankful they are for the employees during their parade, but then have them working Thanksgiving. 

#58 jtfox21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

I feel like other companies might just wait for the first guy to break the ice... then they assemble a team and try to undercut the deals.

I shouldn't say "I feel", I should say "I hope."

#59 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10640 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Not seeing Tomb Raider for $40 has me considering doing a pre-order now at Best Buy.

#60 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

I feel like other companies might just wait for the first guy to break the ice... then they assemble a team and try to undercut the deals.

I shouldn't say "I feel", I should say "I hope."

Maybe Amazon. All the other major stores (Best Buy, Walmart, Target....) have had their ads ready since the summer. Though maybe Best Buy will have their "wait for the price" again, as they did last year.