* * * * * 1 votes

Meijer Thanksgiving, Black Friday/Saturday ad is here!

PS4 Xbox 360 Wii U Xbox One Arguing Wheres the Best Buy ad!?!

#61 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6354 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

I feel like other companies might just wait for the first guy to break the ice... then they assemble a team and try to undercut the deals.

I shouldn't say "I feel", I should say "I hope."

It doesn't really work that way. These ads are made weeks in advance. But with that, sometimes ads change and have in the past (see MicrosoftStore 2014 Ad). 

#62 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

It's a shame to see the stores staying with the early open times on Thanksgiving. I feel bad for the employees. I mean, can you really enjoy your Thanksgiving, knowing you have to go to work soon? I was hoping they would at least push it back to 10ish. Anyone else miss the days when the stores opened at 2 am?

You can get off your soap box.  The employees I talked to last year were perfectly happy with their time and a half pay they get for working that night.  They also aren't forced to work all day.  They can have Thanksgiving lunch, like my family has done the last 10 years.  I haven't had a Thanksgiving "dinner" since I was in high school.  It shouldn't matter what time you celebrate.

Where's your cry for the NFL players who play every year? The concession workers? The refs? The parking attendants?  

I love when people complain about and even claim to boycott retail stores for having employees working on Thanksgiving but will support the NFL for being "open" on Thanksgiving.

#63 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

300 bucks for an XBOX ONE is great but I wonder if that is for the 1TB Holiday Bundle I dont want the 500GB one

#64 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Not seeing Tomb Raider for $40 has me considering doing a pre-order now at Best Buy.

It's a Square Enix game. It's bound to drop somewhere soon.

Also, why advertise a new game on sale a week before it's release? It's its some kind of saving, that's one thing, but they can't just drop the price for the sake of dropping the price.

#65 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

^Someone went in total rant mode.

#66 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6716 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

^Someone went in total rant mode.

So much chaos in this thread already! Btw hope the Lions have a decent game on thanksgiving. Glad to see the gm and president get fired.

#67 BearAntlers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BearAntlers

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

$0.99 Cheez Its !!!

Best deal, no joke I'm going to stock up. And I hope that include the Extra Toasty variety.

#68 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Extra Toasty is so good

#69 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2979 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

thanks dork

o2lz219q.jpg

#70 NeoMonk  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

I'm lined up already!

#71 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6716 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Is the Friday deal for 3 months of XBL for $14.99 the usual price each black Friday at most places

#72 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

Is the Friday deal for 3 months of XBL for $14.99 the usual price each black Friday at most places

Pretty much. Two years ago target had it for $10

#73 ghost1914  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

don't have one of these near me but hope best buy matches the need for speed price.

#74 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

don't have one of these near me but hope best buy matches the need for speed price.

I'm confident that BB, Amazon, Target will all have NFS for $40. Standard EA Black Friday price. 

#75 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6716 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Pretty much. Two years ago target had it for $10

Cool.

Last time I went to Meijer for black Friday, the Starbucks there opened at 3am, which I thought was awesome. Hope they do that again

#76 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Cool.

Last time I went to Meijer for black Friday, the Starbucks there opened at 3am, which I thought was awesome. Hope they do that again

Think of the poor workers!

#77 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Think of the poor workers!

If they get time and a half as well, they're going to be more rich than I am, so they can suck their crappy coffee drinks.

#78 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

Is "crappy" a new flavor?

#79 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

You can get off your soap box.  The employees I talked to last year were perfectly happy with their time and a half pay they get for working that night.  They also aren't forced to work all day.  They can have Thanksgiving lunch, like my family has done the last 10 years.  I haven't had a Thanksgiving "dinner" since I was in high school.  It shouldn't matter what time you celebrate.

Where's your cry for the NFL players who play every year? The concession workers? The refs? The parking attendants?  

I love when people complain about and even claim to boycott retail stores for having employees working on Thanksgiving but will support the NFL for being "open" on Thanksgiving.

I agree that some do not mind working, though I'd be willing to bet that most would prefer not to work so early. The average NFL player salary is 2.5 million dollars and referees make about $200,000 on average. That's a lot more than an hourly employee at Target makes during the year. While it's true attendants do not make much, they knew it was possible they'd be working on Thanksgiving, when accepting the position. All I'm saying is, it would be nice if the stores weren't so greedy and let their employees enjoy Thanksgiving. Most shop online these days anyways. 

#80 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Is "crappy" a new flavor?

Don't they sell beans pooped by some animal? Maybe not Starbucks, but I think that's an actual thing.

#81 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

You've done it now.. Incoming stringy rant number 2.

#82 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

I agree that some do not mind working, though I'd be willing to bet that most would prefer not to work so early. The average NFL player salary is 2.5 million dollars and referees make about $200,000 on average. That's a lot more than an hourly employee at Target makes during the year. While it's true attendants do not make much, they knew it was possible they'd be working on Thanksgiving, when accepting the position. All I'm saying is, it would be nice if the stores weren't so greedy and let their employees enjoy Thanksgiving. Most shop online these days anyways.

Retail employees knew what they signed up for as well.

#83 Lil Frier  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:41 PM

At what level of pay does your desire to be with your family stop mattering? Just checking the number at which the standard doubles.

#84 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

Nor bad

Gives us a sneak peak of BB ad Joly.

#85 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

At what level of pay does your desire to be with your family stop mattering? Just checking the number at which the standard doubles.

It doesn't. The home teams who play on Thanksgiving, still get to be with their families. Same goes for the away teams if their game is early enough.

#86 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6354 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

This. Yeah I want Thanksgiving off but at all my retail jobs I (and every employee) was told that we'd be working all holidays if needed. It's not likely that you wouldn't be needed and thus you will be working most holidays.

With that said, if you want retail stores to be closed, you should want ALL other stores / companies to be closed too.

But it's easier to speak with your dollar. Don't spend money in store on Thursday / BF and it might go back to the way it was.

#87 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

You are correct. Guess I'm thinking of the ones, where retail is all they can do. I never used to feel bad for retail employees, until stores starting opening at 6pm Thanksgiving night. 

#88 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

This. Yeah I want Thanksgiving off but at all my retail jobs I (and every employee) was told that we'd be working all holidays if needed. It's not likely that you wouldn't be needed and thus you will be working most holidays.

With that said, if you want retail stores to be closed, you should want ALL other stores / companies to be closed too.

But it's easier to speak with your dollar. Don't spend money in store on Thursday / BF and it might go back to the way it was.

I wish this were the case. Sales were down 12% last year, but the stores are opening early again. 

#89 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

Don't they sell beans pooped by some animal? Maybe not Starbucks, but I think that's an actual thing.

It is. I've heard of it, too. Some kind of cat or lynx or something that lives in South America that somehow makes the beans taste better by running them through its digestive system.

#90 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6354 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

You are correct. Guess I'm thinking of the ones, where retail is all they can do. 

I really don't mean to sound like a dick but if all you can do is retail than you have less of a reason to complain. If you need the money, than working a holiday isn't that big of a deal.

Maybe I'd feel different if I had kids or something but I find the time to spend with my family on the holidays even though I work most of them.