* * * - - 5 votes

Best Buy Ad 11/15-11/21: Free POP Vinyl Figure with Star Wars Battlefront and More

#361 ghost1914  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

I got 3 codes mailed to me

Lol something is all screwy with their system. I got 2. Going to redeem one and make sure it works then sell the other

#362 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

Not making a new thread, got an email with a coupon for $15 off ps4 camera or ps4 gold wireless headset. Good for black Friday price of $60 for headset or $30 for camera.

#363 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Not making a new thread, got an email with a coupon for $15 off ps4 camera or ps4 gold wireless headset. Good for black Friday price of $60 for headset or $30 for camera.

This was mentioned in the BF thread too. The fine print states it's off "regular price". We'll see I guess.

#364 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

Anyone get the "Battle of Jakku" DLC when picking up your pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront?  I see no mention of DLC in receipt or within the game case other than the deluxe edition DLC.

#365 ihatemyhonda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

ihatemyhonda

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

Anyone get the "Battle of Jakku" DLC when picking up your pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront?  I see no mention of DLC in receipt or within the game case other than the deluxe edition DLC.

It's suposed to be emailed to you, I got mines about 10 hours later after picking up my game from the midnight release.

Anyway most of the pop figures are back in stock on their website. So if anyone wasn't able to get one from last night I would try going to best buy and have customer service order one for you.

#366 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Just picked my game up and they pennied out a pop vinyl figure since I already paid with in store pick up. And they let me get a Kylo Ren figure!!!

#367 Wookieekaplan  

Wookieekaplan

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:56 PM

No Pop Vinyls in store upon picking it up at 12, they had all been given out at the midnight launch. They also wouldn't let me edit my order when I contacted them when the promo was first announced, so one would have been set aside. I just sent an email to see if one can be shipped since they are once again available. I looked on the support forums, and only a "valued contributor" is telling people what to do:

Cancel and reorder.  If you pre-ordered with a credit card it was not charged.

Why is it not an agreeable solution?  The Funko Pop pre-order was probably designed to encourage more pre-orders.  So it would not be agreeable to automatically give the new bonus to people who ordered 6 months early.

If such factors as a Funko Pop and finances are an issue perhaps it would be a better practice to not pre-order something 6 months early. In reality it has no factor on your getting the game on release day.  A good practice then would be to not preoder until a week or two before relase day and wait for a promotion that appeals to you.

Pre-ordering in May does not make one special.  

#368 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Mine was printed on the receipt.

#369 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:42 AM

Mine was printed on the receipt.

Good to know, I'll be headed back to customer service,

#370 pablo9000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

picked up my copy from best buy, they let me get a Rey figure no questions asked.

and they emailed me the code like immediately. it popped up on my phone while walking to my car

#371 KOPITARRULEZ_11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KOPITARRULEZ_11

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

Tha Jakku dlc is not in the case wtf it's listed on the back of the case

#372 Jonkai  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

Mine told me I couldn't do both pre-order gift card and pop figure...

#373 Aryss   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:55 AM

My store had the figures but not one customer at the midnight launch knew about the free gifts.  I actually asked about it right in front of all 25 or so customers out loud.  Not one person did anything as the employees told me to pick any figure I wanted for free.   I took Rey which was only for the console deal even though I just got the game.  I'm sure those people are going to bitch about it today.

#374 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

You're pretty badass.

#375 xlost4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

I'm so confused about the Jakku DLC. I got the Deluxe Edition and it came with a Jakku DLC code with the other unlockables which I redeemed. But I also got an email from Best Buy for the Jakku DLC because I preordered. What's the difference between the two? Are they the same?

#376 MusicInfinity  

MusicInfinity

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:45 AM

I'm so confused about the Jakku DLC. I got the Deluxe Edition and it came with a Jakku DLC code with the other unlockables which I redeemed. But I also got an email from Best Buy for the Jakku DLC because I preordered. What's the difference between the two? Are they the same?

I believe the one with the game just contains Jakku at normal release (December 8), while the pre-order one is to get the map a week early (December 1)

#377 xlost4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:12 AM

I believe the one with the game just contains Jakku at normal release (December 8), while the pre-order one is to get the map a week early (December 1)

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks, mate :)

#378 angrynoisefly   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

angrynoisefly

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:42 AM

is this game even worth getting?? i may cancel my pre-order tbh. sounds like there isn't a lot of content in the game atm. may just wait for a price drop or inevitable goty version.

#379 ghost1914  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

is this game even worth getting?? i may cancel my pre-order tbh. sounds like there isn't a lot of content in the game atm. may just wait for a price drop or inevitable goty version.

Really depends how big a Star Wars fan you are. I'm loving it. I never expected it to be a game I play all day everyday but a game that feeds that Star Wars hunger and it will do that perfectly.

#380 daring  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

I also got a extra pop figure when I went to pick up my game. I got rylo ken and Boba Fett is being delivered tomorrow. Thanks Best Buy!

i think you meant to say ryu ken.   :D

#381 Dizzyk2  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:36 AM

Showed up tonight to pick up my online order.  As expected, they had none left.  All were taken at Midnight launch.  I found a princess Leia one, but they said that wasn't part of the promotion.  Only the ones pictured in the ad.  Oh well, I tried.  No biggie since it would be just one more thing gathering dust on my shelf.  I got the Jakku code before i even picked up, got another code after I picked up today.  I had entered the first one I got this morning w/o any problems.  It wouldn't take the 2nd code just now.  Probably because i already have Jakku entered.

I noticed a third code inside the box.  LOL.

More importantly, when are we supposed to get the $10 rewards certificate?  I don't see it in my account yet.

#382 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

More importantly, when are we supposed to get the $10 rewards certificate? I don't see it in my account yet.

It can take about 15 days.

#383 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

Showed up tonight to pick up my online order.  As expected, they had none left.  All were taken at Midnight launch.  I found a princess Leia one, but they said that wasn't part of the promotion.  Only the ones pictured in the ad.  Oh well, I tried.  No biggie since it would be just one more thing gathering dust on my shelf.  I got the Jakku code before i even picked up, got another code after I picked up today.  I had entered the first one I got this morning w/o any problems.  It wouldn't take the 2nd code just now.  Probably because i already have Jakku entered.

More importantly, when are we supposed to get the $10 rewards certificate?  I don't see it in my account yet.

Sucks for you...they gave me the Princess Leia figure last night

#384 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3595 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

not sure where to post this but since everyone is talking about funko's here thought someone might be able to help me out. I was just about to order the savage Goliath funko from GS, had it over the weekend but now says not available.........anyway I don't have any stores within a 100 mile radius that has it. Was hoping you guys can check if your local store has one and maybe we can work something out. 

http://www.gamestop....xclusive/119256

long shot but figure if it's gonna happen anywhere it's gonna be cag, or maybe someone has one they would like to sell? 

#385 vgelements  

vgelements

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

No adds at the customer service desk and they insisted the pops only came with a new PS4.  It was a flashback to the 'old best buy'.

#386 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

For those interested in star wars pop figures:

(it's apparently a 'soft sculpture' instead of a vinyl, but it's made by the same people)

Fabrikations: Star Wars Chewbacca Plush by funko

$4.97 @ Gamestop available online and in some stores

#387 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

I ordered Chewie and he sld arrive today. Just left Target and the Funko's are 8.99. Picked up Kylo Ren and Finn.

#388 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

i remember what i couldn't the other day!   haha.    you know how the advertisements around this webpage post stuff, like video game retailers, etc.     The other day, for the first time, the smart ad gave me a victoria's secret !!     found that entertaining.    haha.   = )   thank you victoria's secret for recognizing that video gamers do have girlfriends and wives!    (i am married)

#389 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

We are only interested if they are free lol

For those interested in star wars pop figures:
(it's apparently a 'soft sculpture' instead of a vinyl, but it's made by the same people)

Fabrikations: Star Wars Chewbacca Plush by funko
$4.97 @ Gamestop available online and in some stores

#390 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

No adds at the customer service desk and they insisted the pops only came with a new PS4.  It was a flashback to the 'old best buy'.

Have a smart phone? You could have shown them this: http://deals.bestbuy.com/

or go to the laptops section and pull it up there.