Witcher 3: Buy Now or Wait?

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, it looks like during Black Friday this year Witcher 3 will be heavily discounted to around $20-25.

Now, I am trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger and purchase the game at this price.. or wait till the GOTY/COMPLETE edition to be released?

Since it is a WB Published game, more than likely there will be a complete version released in the near future. Every other game they've released in the last 5yrs (except Arkham Origins) has had a COMPLETE/GOTY edition released to the public within 6-8 months of the original games release.

So, I'm having an internal struggle if I should buy it now.. or wait for the complete package.

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first Witcher game with paid DLC so I don't know how the dev is going to handle it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a better/complete version down the line, but I just don't know how long it would take to get one.  If you plan on playing it now I would just jump on it now and wait for a sale on DLC or trade in and then rebuy when the complete/enhanced comes out. 

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first Witcher game with paid DLC so I don't know how the dev is going to handle it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a better/complete version down the line, but I just don't know how long it would take to get one. If you plan on playing it now I would just jump on it now and wait for a sale on DLC or trade in and then rebuy when the complete/enhanced comes out.
I am curious too, but I can see either happening.

So, it looks like during Black Friday this year Witcher 3 will be heavily discounted to around $20-25.

Now, I am trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger and purchase the game at this price.. or wait till the GOTY/COMPLETE edition to be released?

Since it is a WB Published game, more than likely there will be a complete version released in the near future. Every other game they've released in the last 5yrs (except Arkham Origins) has had a COMPLETE/GOTY edition released to the public within 6-8 months of the original games release.

So, I'm having an internal struggle if I should buy it now.. or wait for the complete package.
My advice:

1) The decision to buy Witcher 3 now or later mainly depends on your current backlog IMO... I am interested in buying it too, but I'm currently drowning in gaming backlog. My backlog is so bad that I haven't even played games that I bought from LAST YEAR'S Black Friday deals!!! :rofl:

2) I'm pretty confident that the Witcher 3 will come out with a GOTY edition, and I love when games come out with all the DLC packaged together.

So I would suggest that you wait. But if your backlog isn't long a you REALLY feel like playing Witcher now without waiting for the GOTY edition, then pull the trigger.

bread's done
Back