* * * * - 10 votes

Black Friday 2015 Video Game Deals - Master Thread

#1171 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3169 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

I'm having problems with UPS not updating their tracking info. I had something ship Friday and something else ship Saturday and neither have been updated since. Guess I should have just went with store pickup.

#1172 d3adliner   nephilim CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

Actually one of you 15% code didn't discount anything. Me doing the math it should have been around $217.99 less with the 5% discount. Try to chat with them and tell them one of your 15% code didn't discount anything even thought it applied it. Trust me it also happened to me today and they will refund you the rest. Well you save more money now.

I think I was charged the correct amount. The CYBER15 code didn't apply to consoles & was only listed because I originally had a DualShock 4 in the order, but removed it when I saw Amazon had them cheaper. The code stayed in the cart even though I removed the item it applied to.

Edit. Although 15% + 5% off of $299.99 is $59.998 & my order says I saved $57.75. Their math is wrong.

#1173 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2914 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm so mad.
I shouldnt have bought the PSTV.
IT SUCKS. I wish I had put my money towards Shadow of Mordor or one of those bogo movie deals this BF.

What do you not like about it?

I'm waiting on my 2nd PSTV to arrive from BB, status said "We'll be in your area and will deliver your UPS SurePost package instead of the post office." (never seen this status before, so not sure to expect a regular UPS truck or what, as the USPS has already delivered). Reason I am getting a 2nd vita, is so I leave the 3.52 firmware on the 1st one I got for whitelisting games and other things you normally can't do with a more up to date PSTV (PS3 remote play).

#1174 mFrisky  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:28 PM

I think I was charged the correct amount. The CYBER15 code didn't apply to consoles & was only listed because I originally had a DualShock 4 in the order, but removed it when I saw Amazon had them cheaper. The code stayed in the cart even though I removed the item it applied to.

Edit. Although 15% + 5% off of $299.99 is $59.998 & my order says I saved $57.75. Their math is wrong.

That's because it's 15% off 299.99 then 5% off of the new total. Not 20% off of 299.99.

#1175 mentobe  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Received my package from Best Buy but I'm annoyed because they sent me Madden 16 instead of Batman Arkham Knight.  Says Arkham Knoght on my receipt.  Should I send it back or just go to my nearest Best Buy.  Anyone have any experience with this?

#1176 d3adliner   nephilim CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

That's because it's 15% off 299.99 then 5% off of the new total. Not 20% off of 299.99.

Thanks for that clarification. But now I guess I'm not receiving the $25 off PS+ OR the free copy of TLoU Remastered. The only thing they are offering me is a $20 gift card for losing out on $75 worth of promos that were originally included with my order. I tried cancelling but they told me it is too late, even though the order is still processing, the payment not even taken from my bank yet & that I would have to either refuse the package or return it to my local store. Problem now... is that estimated delivery isn't until the 14th! Not to mention the cluster Fuck their site was yesterday & that in store pickup was not an option regardless of them having over 40 in stock at the location nearest me.

Edit: I decided to call Target cust service as the chat rep recommended to see if they could do something more for me... only to wait on for 30 minutes and be disconnected the second it started to ring through to a rep. Called back and waited another 20-30 minutes and was AGAIN disconnected when it started ringing. Wtf?!?!?!?!

#1177 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2914 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Received my package from Best Buy but I'm annoyed because they sent me Madden 16 instead of Batman Arkham Knight.  Says Arkham Knoght on my receipt.  Should I send it back or just go to my nearest Best Buy.  Anyone have any experience with this?

I'd say go by the nearest Best Buy since your receipt clearly says what you should of got. My games still say in progress, so I guess I look forward to more mistakes along the way... tried email support last night since I really don't have the time tonight to deal with hanging on the phone (got business to attend, so I can buy more games for my backlog).

edit - For any future packages, I'd advise to record a quick unboxing (nothing fancy) video just to have some sort of proof if anything like that happens again. Sounds extreme but it would be effective in an event of protecting your claims.

#1178 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

just picked up my $15 Far Cry CE 

all my orders are done delivered now except my square enix orders and microsoft store controller

TwQLn2M.jpg?1

#1179 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:23 AM

OK. You could have still getting the 15% if you wanted by just telling them what I told you, but I think what you did was the right thing to do. 

#1180 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

I'd say go by the nearest Best Buy since your receipt clearly says what you should of got. My games still say in progress, so I guess I look forward to more mistakes along the way... tried email support last night since I really don't have the time tonight to deal with hanging on the phone 

Yup should be no problem exchanging it locally. I recently got the wrong model of an appliance I ordered at Kohls and had to take it in to swap it out. Pain in the butt and not even so much as a 'sorry' but meh, we're all human.

I just received the two games I ordered from BB as of yesterday, though they shipped the day after I ordered (26th) and my console arrives tomorrow. 

As for calling CS it's pretty much a lost cause for any of these stores, they're so swamped with orders this week and the aftermath of BF. I tried calling my local store to see if I could cancel something and gave up after no one picked up for 10 mins. I hate how these sites are disabling local pick up even though there's plenty of stock, wasting everyone's time and money with that crap.

#1181 enorris116   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

Has anyone's PS4 camera shipped from Best Buy yet? I got an email saying it shipped on the 27th, but the tracking number says it hasn't even shipped yet.

#1182 SweetP1983   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

Has anyone's PS4 camera shipped from Best Buy yet? I got an email saying it shipped on the 27th, but the tracking number says it hasn't even shipped yet.

I just barely got my shipment email today but my package has tracking updated to be delivered tomorrow.

#1183 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

Got my WM today! And Fc4 CE just shipped!