CAGcast #428: Thank You, Robot!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Black Ops III, October NPDs, Nintendo Direct, Star Wars Battlefront reviews and early access, and cards....everything with the cards now.
Download (1 hours 16 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/3809721-cagcast-428-thank-you-robot

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Mr. Roboto (Black Spark Mix) - Martin Villeneuve, Black Spark (Beatport)

Outro -  Destro Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying Flash this season so far. Arrow is just ridiculous. Every "good" character  (except for Diggle of course) has been become so annoying and juvenile I have started rooting for Damien Darhk. I hope he completely destroys that stupid city and everyone in it (except for Diggle of course). 

I skipped out on Blops III and it looks like I made a good choice. I wouldn't have time to play it. I've read/heard that a lot of people are liking it so that's good. I'm having way too much fun with Tomb Raider. That game is amazing. Fallout 4...has been hard to get into. It's my first Fallout game and I knew what to except but I just can't really get into it. Maybe I need to play more. 

Also, I am still loving Halo 5 mp and I am deep into the Battlefront timed access on X1. That game is amazing. There are sooo many problems with Battlefront but they nail the audio and environments. Plus, it's Star Wars, you can't beat that. It's going to be the first game I purchase a season pass for.  

Zoom is not 7 feet tall. He's also not Professor Zoom in the show, just Zoom. There is a difference.
He hasn't finished his PHD thesis yet.

I'm enjoying Flash this season so far. Arrow is just ridiculous. Every "good" character (except for Diggle of course) has been become so annoying and juvenile I have started rooting for Damien Darhk. I hope he completely destroys that stupid city and everyone in it (except for Diggle of course).
Damien is the best character on the show now.

He hasn't finished his PHD thesis yet.

Damien is the best character on the show now.
In the comics Zoom is Hunter Zoloman, a Wally West villain. Professor Zoom is Eobard Thawne, a Barry Allen villain from the future, similar to the shows Reverse Flash. Reverse Flash is an alternate name for both Professor Zoom and Zoom.

The New 52 has separated Reverse Flash from Zoom by making Daniel West the Reverse Flash and leaving Eobard Thawne as Professor Zoom. A straight up Zoom has not shown up yet in The New 52 and probably won't, as a way to prevent confusion.

The show is obviously not following this but who cares the show is great.

Does Tomb Raider look better than Halo 5? I see H5 getting a lot of praise online - I thought the lighting was very nice but its very janky around the edges and has a lot of muddy flat textures.

Heh, CheapyD is offended by "Big Bad." I guess it's a term that the younger generation gets.

It's hard to tell the difference.

This is Professor Zoom:

The_Flash_%28vol._1%29_-139.jpg

This is Hunter Zolomon (also known as Zoom):

1755324-zoom2.jpg

Does Tomb Raider look better than Halo 5? I see H5 getting a lot of praise online - I thought the lighting was very nice but its very janky around the edges and has a lot of muddy flat textures.
Halo is 60 fps and TR is 30 fps with drops so, TR looks better but Halo runs much better.

I love this show, but can you guys at least NOT make it obvious you don't like Nintendo? that Direct was a big deal (first one since Iwata's passing) and you guys couldn't even mask your disinterest in it.

Did I hear Shipwreck correctly in that Cheapy playing the E3 demo of Rodea on Wii U this year was the first time he has ever played the Wii U? Seems that he's been very well informed and knowledgeable to be crapping on the system for the last three years after all.

As for placing "Nintendo Direct" into the episode description, they really should have just left it out as apparently it was so enthralling that Cheapy still isn't "convinced to get a Wii U". Maybe the only way he'd ever be interested in it is if Nintendo pushes out annualized games with minimal changes, DLC, and microtransactions. Or perhaps if the Wii U had comic book related games, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders games (topics seemingly forever in interest on Cagcast), to combat the "meh" kiddie games. Oh wait, they are on that system too.

I love this show, but can you guys at least NOT make it obvious you don't like Nintendo? that Direct was a big deal and you guys couldn't even mask your disinterest in it.
It's a big deal to Nintendo fans. It wasn't a big deal to anyone else. None of those announcements is going to help sell more WiiUs.

Lego Dimensions does seem to take up a ton of space at the store... I feel like another point against it when sitting right next to the competition is being able to look in and see the figures in every other package.  Show off that shit.

I like the comic talk too, by the way.  Do you guys know about Marvel Unlimited?  Basically Netflix for Marvel comics, stays 6 months behind the comic shops, and just keeps adding more and more.  Works great for reading on the Ipad.

I absolutely loved the first Tomb Raider and this was my most anticipated game this year.  I beat it yesterday and while I really enjoyed it, I still feel a bit disappointed.  It's basically the same exact game as the first with more polish and it's super short.  I beat it in about 9 hours while doing as many of the side quests and tombs as I could at the time.  I was hoping it would be more open world than the first but that's not that big of a deal.  It is very beautiful though, the facial animations are the best I've seen in a game yet.  I'm so conflicted about my feelings!  I think I enjoyed the first game more and that bothers me.  I don't know, I don't regret the purchase at all and will probably play it again sometime next year, but I wish they took more risks and changed some stuff up.

It's a big deal to Nintendo fans. It wasn't a big deal to anyone else. None of those announcements is going to help sell more WiiUs.
In a reality where Yoshi's Wooly Word can be 8th in the NPD sales, announcements like Cloud in Smash Bros, Pokken, the new Zelda and Twilight Princess HD will sell some WiiU consoles in 2016, and sell a lot of WiiU games.

And that's coming from someone who has zero interest in first party Nintendo games.

Surprised Cheapy liked South Park. I think this season is the worst they've ever done. Stopped watching several episodes.

What's with the political jabs at one party? There are conservative gamers that listen to you show.
I assume Cheapy and co are pretty liberal (maybe not ship,not sure) so the jabs make sense. It honestly shouldn't bother you though. If you are a conservative than surely you realize a lot of DC republicans in office aren't actually conservative. Just like the dems, but on a smaller scale, they are bought out by the lobbyists and corporations.

will sell some WiiU consoles in 2016, and sell a lot of WiiU games.

And that's coming from someone who has zero interest in first party Nintendo games.
In a typical month Xbox One and PS4 sell about 300,000 systems each. WiiU sells about 60,0000. Nobody is buying WiiU, especially in 2016 as news gets out to mainstream gamers that it'll be replaced by the NX.
So how do Nintendo exclusives break into the Top 10? Simple. While Xbox and Sony have a wide variety of titles to choose from Nintendo owners get maybe one big exclusive. They often don't even get multiplatform games, so their choices are even more limited.

(Forgive me if this wasn't in this podcast, I listened to two weeks in relative quick succession and they kind of bled together.)

The Spartan in that DoA game was indeed not Master Chief. It was a female Spartan named Nicole. She hasn't been in any Halo game, nor mentioned. She apparently is still considered canon, though. What a weird crossover that was.

Shipwreck, you are young but a rule to sleep by is NEVER introduce a new show to small kids right before bed. Crying, anxiety, and nightmares may follow. Let them watch that fav for the 100th time. The show is for the kid, but the quiet night is for you. Keep the kid happy and you will be happy.

The reason why Best Buy rewards points take 15 days to post is because that is their standard return window. They don't want you spending the points and then returning the game. 

bread's done
Back