Toys R Us: $5 off 3ds game, $10 off WiiU game. Nintendo "Holiday Mall Experience" promo code.

For Paul

CAGiversary!
I went to the Nintendo holiday mall experience at the Queens mall and got some coupon codes. The online code is a generic promo code, so, anyone could probably use it. The expiration date is 12/31/15, and it says it's good on any 3DS/WiiU game, online offer may vary, one coupon per customer.

I tried it and added pokemon OR which is on bf sale today for $29.99, and the promo worked. TRU also has free shipping for orders above $19.

3DS promo code: 5OFF3DS

WiiU Promo Code: 10OFFWiiU
Credit goes to Sunstyle on SD.

10% off any Nintendo product (including consoles), stackable. Limited by location, starts Nov 23rd and lasts until Dec 24th
For the third year in a row Nintendo will be hosting demo kiosks in select malls across the US showing off their new games for Wii U and 3DS. Each year they have given out 10% coupons to Target, which can be stacked with other coupons/discounts. This coupon works especially well since Target which has a fairly generous price-matching policy and lots of coupons and %'s off this time of year. Here's the link to the kiosk announcement, which a note in there about the coupons being back:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/rwvrI-Z5UjT7GjNVmCU58bGtG2VqTuR6

Last year I made a thread about this, where I used the following:

10% off Nintendo Coupon
20% off Target coupon (they usually havea "spend $75, get 20% off purchase" (1 day only) around this time of year)
5% Redcard
and bought the Wii U when it was on sale for $250

Paid ~$190.

You can also pick up multiple of these coupons. Last year I made a few trips to the mall and each time asked the person working there for a stack of them- they were happy to oblige.

Last year these also stacked with Buy2 Get 1 Free purchases.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case you're thinking of buying Nintendo stuff this year, since I can never find prices as low as when I stack with this coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The website says the coupon is valid at TRU.

"While supplies last, visitors can also receive a coupon for use on Nintendo products at Toys R Us locations this holiday season."

The website says the coupon is valid at TRU.

"While supplies last, visitors can also receive a coupon for use on Nintendo products at Toys R Us locations this holiday season."
It seems like this year will be TRU instead of Target so maybe not a great deal.

Where do we get the coupons?
South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Massachusetts
Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois
Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver, Colorado
Memorial City Mall in Houston, Texas
The Oaks in Thousand Oaks, California
Dolphin Mall in Miami, Florida
Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, Georgia
Queens Center Mall in Elmhurst, New York
King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona
Washington Square in Portland, Oregon
Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, California
Westfield Southcenter in Seattle, Washington
Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia

The 20% off coupon you get if you spend $75 is on Black Friday (not Thursday even though they are open Thursday). So spend $75 on Friday, get 20% off a future shopping trip.

The 20% off coupon you get if you spend $75 is on Black Friday (not Thursday even though they are open Thursday). So spend $75 on Friday, get 20% off a future shopping trip.
I wonder if they consider that a bundle LOL what happens if you buy junk just to get the 20% off and then return said junk minus the coupon?

Nothing close to me, either. However, LOL that they're saying one of the 3DS games being shown off is Mario Kart 7, but Mario Kart 8 isn't one of the featured Wii U games (even though more 3DS games are being shown that Wii U ones).

I wonder if they consider that a bundle LOL what happens if you buy junk just to get the 20% off and then return said junk minus the coupon?
Doubt that they can enforce making you give the coupon back, and since it isn't a gift card or something they really can't take it off our return total.

I'm near one of those centers so I could grab a coupon if I wanted to.  But it sucks that it is for Toys R US and not Target.  I'm looking to finally getting a Wii U this black friday.

There is a Wii U bundle that comes with Splatoon and Super Smash Brothers.  Walmart and Target will have it for $249.99

Toys R Us will have it for $279.99. 

So even if I use the 10% coupon, I will still be paying more than I would if I just got the Wii from Walmart or Target.

I wonder if Target or Walmart will let me use the 10% coupon although it is for Toys R US?

That or Have Toys R US price match the Wii U bundle to $249.99 before using the 10% coupon.  But I don't know, they are pretty uptight about price matches.  If I could do that, I could at least get the bundle for $224.99 (not including tax).

I'm near one of those centers so I could grab a coupon if I wanted to. But it sucks that it is for Toys R US and not Target. I'm looking to finally getting a Wii U this black friday.

There is a Wii U bundle that comes with Splatoon and Super Smash Brothers. Walmart and Target will have it for $249.99

So even if I use the 10% coupon, I will still be paying more than I would if I just got the Wii from Walmart or Target.

I wonder if Target or Walmart will let me use the 10% coupon although it is for Toys R US?

That or Have Toys R US price match the Wii U bundle to $249.99 before using the 10% coupon. But I don't know, they are pretty uptight about price matches. If I could do that, I could at least get the bundle for $224.99 (not including tax).
It would have been great if this was a Target coupon.

Wii U bundle with Splatoon and Super Smash Brothers for $249.99
$249.99 with 10% off Nintendo Coupon, 20% off Target coupon (Spend $75, get 20% off purchase), and 5% REDcard
Cost $170.99 plus tax.

I googled the 20% off Target coupon, and it looks like it happened AFTER Black Friday, so not sure how it will work for purchasing the Wii U here.  Apparently, you had to spend at least $75 on a certain day, and you would receive a voucher for 20% off the following week.  So buying the Wii U itself doesn't count towards the $75.

If anyone is looking for a discount at Toys R Us for anything but video games, heres a 20% coupon you can show them on your phone. I used it multiple times last week with no issues whatsoever (it does work on "toys to life")

[attachment=18303:TRU 20 off coupon-1.jpg]

This is pretty cool but I am not going to a mall during Christmas shopping season.  Those places get insane, especially the KOP Mall which is closest to me!

I'm near one of those centers so I could grab a coupon if I wanted to. But it sucks that it is for Toys R US and not Target. I'm looking to finally getting a Wii U this black friday.

There is a Wii U bundle that comes with Splatoon and Super Smash Brothers. Walmart and Target will have it for $249.99

That or Have Toys R US price match the Wii U bundle to $249.99 before using the 10% coupon. But I don't know, they are pretty uptight about price matches. If I could do that, I could at least get the bundle for $224.99 (not including tax).
Learn from last year, everyone not just you, that after bf, during December, sales on systems will be the same if not lower. Trust me, probably starting 2 weeks after bf the wii u will be 249 (you can use coupon then, you can do price matching, unlike bf) and the ps4 will be 299 again throughout the holiday season.

Hey Nintendo:  I'm over 30 years old and don't go to malls anymore.  How about just having a decent digital sale every now and again?  I'm not even asking for the constant, deep sales that all of your competitors have (Steam, LIVE, PSN).  Just a worthwhile sale on your titles every now and again.  

Frisco, Texas?

Not even going to bother looking up where thst is, though I suppose it is probably a suburb of either Dallas or Houston.

Texas is far too large a state for them to only have 1 location with a coupon.

I went to the Nintendo holiday mall experience at the Queens mall and got some coupon codes. The online code is a generic promo code, so, anyone could probably use it. The expiration date is 12/31/15, and it says it's good on any 3DS/WiiU game, online offer may vary, one coupon per customer.

I tried it and added pokemon OR which is on bf sale today for $29.99, and the promo worked. TRU also has free shipping for orders above $19.  

3DS promo code: 5OFF3DS 

WiiU Promo Code: 10OFFWiiU

Item #: 24191496
Description: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Wii U
Quantity: 1 @ $19.99
Shipping via: Economy 6-9 business days - FREE

Item #: 23840736
Description: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Nintendo Wii U
Quantity: 1 @ $1.99

Order Total: $23.90

thanks for the code :D

Item #: 24191496
Description: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Wii U
Quantity: 1 @ $19.99

Item #: 23840736
Description: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Nintendo Wii U
Quantity: 1 @ $1.99

Order Total: $23.90

thanks for the code :D
I couldn't get DKC:TF to work on it's own with the coupon but it worked when adding Mario/Sonic. Weird. Great timing as I just placed(then cancelled) an order for DKC for $30+tax

sucks the only game i want..snoopy hahah is out of stock for shipping and store pick up
for real i've tried to order the 3DS game twice and it says available for ship and every time i put in an order it takes it away but still goes through with the order. i have two pending charges on my card now because of this shit.

Picked up Lego Movie for Wii U for $10 for instore pick up. Thanks.

Can the code be used more than once?

Picked up Lego Movie for Wii U for $10 for instore pick up. Thanks.

Can the code be used more than once?
yes up to 10 times per order so you could order up to 10 wii u games per order and will get $10 off each title in same order. And shipping is free for $19 and up orders do if you need a couple different games do it in a single order for the free shipping

What a pain in the ass.  I had 7 games in my cart for $22 with free shipping and store pickup.  After I hit the final payment button, the order confirmation screen came up, but said that one of the games is no longer in stock and I wasn't charged.  However, that dropped my item total under $19, so I was charged 5.99 for shipping which I never agreed to.  The game that was removed was 4.99, so it actually cost me an extra dollar without the 7th game.

I just got out of chat with them and they are refunding the shipping charge, but I have to wait until I receive the order first.  They said they could do that or give me a $5 gift code (for a 5.99 overcharge).

I still can't complain since 6 games for $17 (Once I'm refunded)isn't too bad and that finishes up the stocking stuffer portion for my kids.

Wow. Mario Party 10 was $21 total. 

$21. 

That is a GREAT game to play with friends. Especially when alcohol is involved. Thanks for the deal OP. 

Wow. Mario Party 10 was $21 total.

$21.

That is a GREAT game to play with friends. Especially when alcohol is involved. Thanks for the deal OP.
I played this game with my friends with alcohol and can agree with the three other people who said it sucked.

We played one map. You're all in a sleigh, so you all move together. There are gates that give you mini stars. There are also bosses and an end to the level, and you all compete. It was very easy, and it was easy to win. Not sure if the rest of the levels are the same, but we loved Mario Party 3-7 and none of us enjoyed 10 (well, except me, since I won by a landslide...)

bread's done
Back