Exile's End & CAG $1000 Steam Cards Giveaway!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYe3R6jKs4

Exile’s End is a 2D action-adventure that is a cross between old school Amiga games like “Another World” with a Japanese twist like Metroid/Castlevania games. The game features collaborations with several luminaries in Japanese gaming, including a soundtrack scored by Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl), art by veterans of Secret of Mana and Mother 3, and beautiful cutscenes by OPUS (Half-Minute Hero).

Exile's End on Steam

$1000 Steam Card Giveaway!

Play the new "Survival Mode" in Exile's End and try to get highest score.  Take a picture of your score with your cellphone and post it in this thread.  Include a piece of paper with your CAG username on it.
Feel free to edit your post to replace your old scores you've beaten.  Contest ends 11/27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhc97FNd2s

1st Place - $500 Steam gift card
2nd Place - $250 Steam gift card
3rd Place - $100 Steam gift card
4th Place - $50 Steam gift card

Daily top scores from 11/23-11/27 - $20 gift cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all over this, Cheapy. Download it right now.

EDIT: Official submission score as of 11/25

[attachment=18530:382130_screenshots_2015-11-25_00006.jpg][attachment=18531:WP_20151125_017.jpg]

[attachment=18338:11.18.2015.jpg]

[attachment=18363:Screenshot_1.png] Score : 130456 (18/11/2015) First Attempt

So, I'll be posting my score for the first time with my CAG username on paper! Here it is. 

This is neat.  I was thinking about doing this sort of thing with my own game, but also letting the winners contribute something to the game like designing an achievement for me to add to the game. 

I'm no good at these kinds of competitions, so have fun.  I'll get some popcorn when it starts. 

Edit: God damn, those scores are insane.  Glad I gave up before even starting. 

Can I take the timestamped picture from published ingame screenshots on Steam? Whenever you finish a run the screen automatically goes back to the main menu, and does it way, way too fast; I would have just barely enough time put my name up and take the picture if I left my phone unlocked and waiting in camera mode.

If you're confused by what I mean, it would be taking a picture of something like this with my name put over it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558114111

[attachment=18385:12227757_10208596773419426_7760089818104253769_n.jpg]

[attachment=18384:Screenshot_2.png] Score : 3184479 (20/11/2015) Second Attempt

CheapyD, the Survival Mode was great but it went very quite repeated so I go boom around for more than 60 stages and that takes hours or more! Hope that your glad I supported the game too. Cheers! This will be my latest attempt for the contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKPaUg8GdgQ

I have even tried recording the game itself for fun!

Anyone else getting a fatal error crash while playing? Its happened to me quite frequently actually. That or an enemy glitches into the wall forcing me to restart. Its a great game and would have never known about it if not for this contest but I have yet to complete survival due to one of those two problems.

Based on my gaming experience, the Survival Mode is considered endless until you stopped at one stage through GG WP or timeout.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25868]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25869]
Here is my score of 7279251

sorry for the bad quality of the photo, but I wanted to include the paper. :)

You really do have to be quick to snap the picture

Here is my entry with a score of  9143648

[attachment=18440:IMG_0241.JPG]

[attachment=18441:382130_screenshots_2015-11-23_00002.jpg]

Well this kind of sucks. I was going on a great streak but then i get a fatal error message. well here's my new score I guess.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25904]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25905]

score: 15024263

Well this kind of sucks. I was going on a great streak but then i get a fatal error message. well here's my new score I guess.

score: 15024263
I was getting the fatal error message every playthrough making it unplayable and then I deleted the game and reinstalled it and have yet too see it in almost 5+ hours of playing, I'd give that a try.

Here's my first submission. Why did you guys have to go and get crazy scores so early in the event? It takes forever to get up this high, and I had to give up before going to work in case my computer restarted. :(

Yr6oxax.jpg

I think a couple hours. To be honest if I didn't have work it would have been higher. I forget what level it was.
It took me a couple of hours to just get 10 million, you must be really good. Do you win another $20 Steam wallet code if you somehow beat your crazy score again?

It took me a couple of hours to just get 10 million, you must be really good. Do you win another $20 Steam wallet code if you somehow beat your crazy score again?
I thank the countless hours I sank into my 3D Realms shareware CD I had as a kid. I think that apogee pack is gonna be something I buy after playing this.

Updated Score: 103482556

Not going to lie, I was really hoping it capped at 99999999. I'm glad there's only two days left for this, it's really just a war of attrition and not skill at this point.

[attachment=18520:IMG_0243.JPG]

[attachment=18521:382130_screenshots_2015-11-25_00002.jpg]

Wow...good thing I didn't die and can continue.

I was seriously posting this when Hanbei posted his higher score.

[attachment=18522:WP_20151125_001.jpg]

It feels like you can keep going as long as you manage to stay awake right? Once you figure it out it's a snooze fest where one bad move kills the run.

It feels like you can keep going as long as you manage to stay awake right? Once you figure it out it's a snooze fest where one bad move kills the run.
Yeah, it really is a snooze fest. I come and play for a few hours, then let it sit until I'm ready to go again and hope it doesn't get the OpenGL error. Good to take pics before you take a break for that reason.

The devs should think about adding in more enemies and different levels for Survival. Those tentacle bastards are the only real threat aside from those near-impossible jumps later on, but the other levels like the one with the two switches and a key get boring quickly. Then you sometimes get the fireball guy stuck in the wall...

It is seriously is a war of attrition, I'm averaging 10mill an hour so if I wanted to hit 100mill I would have to sink 10 hours into it. God dam

[attachment=18527:WP_20151125_017.jpg]

I played for like 16 hours and burned myself out.

Well 10 hours for $1000 steam money isnt bad lol

It's $500 for first, $250 for second, $100 for third, and $50 for fourth. I don't know, with Thanksgiving followed by Black Friday this is probably gonna be my last attempt. I'd be happy with any of the amounts listed. Even $50 could get me a Steam Controller... :drool:

gah

I'm going to keep playing but I wanted to make sure to get this in for the daily top score, it's 11PM where I live so hopefully I'm on time.

[attachment=18560:WP_20151127_004.jpg]

[attachment=18559:WP_20151127_002.jpg]

EDIT: Had to end this run to post a pic on the official discussion

[attachment=18561:382130_screenshots_2015-11-27_00004.jpg]

yLwwQXX.jpg

KdBdkMx.jpg

Is this alright? I just hope that you can all tell the score and my name. I'm glad it's over so I don't have to wake up dreading that the game's crashed overnight any more lol.

Just in case, it says on the clipboard:

"konteradmiral

578,650,405"

Last score:

[attachment=18587:WP_20151127_008.jpg]

konteradmiral cheated, his high score is 2 billion...

Does steam record scores in offline mode? I've just been running it on my laptop so I can still play my games on the pc

Does steam record scores in offline mode? I've just been running it on my laptop so I can still play my games on the pc
I don't think it does, but according to the discussion topic on the contest was supposed to end at 12am UTC November 28th, which was 22 minutes ago :(

You had to have your score posted in that topic by then from what the OP says.

Also notice how konteradmiral's score is different on both sites lol. 578,650,405 here and 328,847,364 on the official topic, none of those anywhere near his top score of 2,147,483,647. He must have played a lot of hours... ;)

EDIT: Oh now I get it, konteradmiral wants both 1st and 2nd place prizes, that's why he posted two different high scores pretending to be two different people.

AH dam, That blows. Was some past 200mill too. At risk of sounding like a beggar, can 1st or 2nd place  buy me Mordheim: City of the Damned on steam?  Was planning on buying that if I won anything but no worries if you don't want to.

If he was smarter, he wouldve cheated a lower score. Somewhere like 400mill. If he read our posts, he would've known that it takes about an hour for 10mill. I started to bring it up to 13-14ish. But 2bill dam. That would've taken approx 200hours. Haha thats crazy.

I'm probably not alone in saying this. I'm never gonna play this game again for as long as I live. GG everyone

Lol yeah. I've got like 300 friends on Steam and they ask me why I've been playing Exile's End so much. I told them the story mode seems fun, I'm a sucker for Metroidvania games to begin with. Survival (which is basically all I played for this contest) gets boring, though. Some new enemies and different levels should be added to survival mode. And achievements.

Dang I thought I had it before I left for the holiday. Great scores guys. I had fun and thanks for the contest Cheapy/ EE devs.

Oh now I get it, konteradmiral wants both 1st and 2nd place prizes, that's why he posted two different high scores pretending to be two different people.

bread's done
Back