Guitar Hero Live (w/ Mic) @ BB $70/$56 GCU

Cool this is the Black Friday price as well so looks like they are already starting their deals
They technically started Black Friday prices on certain items since the released the ad. Like first few days they had the 40" Insignia for $160 up and some other stuff.

Since the ship date is December 7th should I wait to Black Friday to order this(In hopes of getting better shipping) or should I just order this now

I'm tempted by this but I don't need the game. I just need the guitar. Any places offering a decent trade in for the disc alone?

Since the ship date is December 7th should I wait to Black Friday to order this(In hopes of getting better shipping) or should I just order this now
I Sincerely doubt if you were to order it Black Friday it would come in any earlier than it would now for the preset date of December 7th the latest.

that what I'm debating and every single other deal they have as the Black Friday items including the tvs and other stuff is showing 6 to 10 days also so Idk what up with that

Last edited by a moderator:
I Sincerely doubt if you were to order it Black Friday it would come in any earlier than it would now for the preset date of December 7th the latest.
but shouldn't you be able to do it for in store pick up?

maybe they are just inflating the dates on the big BF deals to cover there asses?

but shouldn't you be able to do it for in store pick up?

maybe they are just inflating the dates on the big BF deals to cover there asses?
Occasionally for sale items they take awhile to be made available to in store pick up as well, but who knows. I'll probably check the store tomorrow after work to see if the deal is the same in store or not.

The whole website doesn't work for me at all. Everything is 6 to 10 business days for shipping and when I try and add something to my cart, it doesn't. 

Thanks OP. Bought it without hesitation. This was one of my most anticipated Black Friday buys. 

I played it for about 90 seconds at the display at BB. It hurt my brain and my fingers. I'm hoping it will be a fun challenge to learn this new guitar. I'm willing to give it a shot for $56. 

that what I'm debating and every single other deal they have as the Black Friday items including the tvs and other stuff is showing 6 to 10 days also so Idk what up with that
I was hoping to order everything together. Going to try to get LEGO DIMENSIONS price matched + Cartwheel on Friday at Target if not I will end up just ordering it from here along with Just Dance 2016, Until Dawn, Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, Hasbro Game Collection, so shipping wise it would be much better to just have it all around in one box instead of multiple boxes but I dont want this to sell out so maybe I should just get it(I dont prefer store pickup anyway have to take 2 buses to get to the nearest Best Buy so not worth it) will get it on the PS4 since Im getting LEGO DIMENSIONS for the XBOX ONE

Thanks OP. Bought it without hesitation. This was one of my most anticipated Black Friday buys.

I played it for about 90 seconds at the display at BB. It hurt my brain and my fingers. I'm hoping it will be a fun challenge to learn this new guitar. I'm willing to give it a shot for $56.
Which console did you get it for? I will get it for the PS4 do you know if it comes with all the songs or do you download them online? this is my first guitar hero game

Which console did you get it for? I will get it for the PS4 do you know if it comes with all the songs or do you download them online? this is my first guitar hero game
All the songs are the same on all consoles, the only difference is now you got to earn or buy tokens to play specific new songs.

Thanks OP! I was able to go through check-out just fine and got this bundle on free expedited shipping with Elite status. The GCU discount and free microphone are nice bonuses; I'm happy I won't have to go hunting for any sales for this during Black Friday now!!

I was hoping to order everything together. Going to try to get LEGO DIMENSIONS price matched + Cartwheel on Friday at Target if not I will end up just ordering it from here along with Just Dance 2016, Until Dawn, Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, Hasbro Game Collection, so shipping wise it would be much better to just have it all around in one box instead of multiple boxes but I dont want this to sell out so maybe I should just get it(I dont prefer store pickup anyway have to take 2 buses to get to the nearest Best Buy so not worth it) will get it on the PS4 since Im getting LEGO DIMENSIONS for the XBOX ONE
im just ordering it now that shipping date wrong i just checked even old games and some new games and other stuff and every single item is saying 6 to 10 day so i think the date a glitch.

I was going to bring up this question but I wasn't sure if I should. I bought it for the xbox one because I've bought the other guitar hero games on the xbox 360 and I like to get the achievements. I'm assuming all of the same DLC is available on xbox one and ps4. I have no confirmation on any of this though. Many songs will be available on the disc, but there is a new online feature that lets you play the songs online. It's sort of a weird "on demand" feature. You have to play along with whatever song is playing on the channel. If you want to play the song again at your leisure, you will have to pay money for it. If you don't care what songs you play, you can play lots of different songs for free. Hopefully I'm explaining this alright. I'm pretty tired.

I just hope to God the visuals are the same on both consoles. If Microsoft had to skimp on the FPS or resolution for a music game, that would really be pathetic. I'm assuming we would have heard something about that. They shouldn't have to do that for music games. Same goes for racing games and fighting games, but who knows anymore.

THERE IS NO DLC.

It is an online streaming mode that is entirely free (unless you want to pay to play specific songs beyond the plays you've earned through playing the game).

Yeah either way I dont mind waiting..what do you think about it on the PS4 good choice?

Excellent choice!

I was going to bring up this question but I wasn't sure if I should. I bought it for the xbox one because I've bought the other guitar hero games on the xbox 360 and I like to get the achievements. I'm assuming all of the same DLC is available on xbox one and ps4. I have no confirmation on any of this though. Many songs will be available on the disc, but there is a new online feature that lets you play the songs online. It's sort of a weird "on demand" feature. You have to play along with whatever song is playing on the channel. If you want to play the song again at your leisure, you will have to pay money for it. If you don't care what songs you play, you can play lots of different songs for free. Hopefully I'm explaining this alright. I'm pretty tired.

I just hope to God the visuals are the same on both consoles. If Microsoft had to skimp on the FPS or resolution for a music game, that would really be pathetic. I'm assuming we would have heard something about that. They shouldn't have to do that for music games. Same goes for racing games and fighting games, but who knows anymore.
These achievements cant be received on the PS4 version? I figured I would get it for the PS4 since I will be getting LEGO DIMENSIONS on the XBOX ONE I like to mix things around, I know, kind of silly but I like to mix and match that way one console isnt getting more than the other..just not sure, XBOX ONE or PS4, I Guess PS4 is good cause the USB port is in the front but I assume the guitar is wireless anyway, UGH decisions decisions not sure what to do

These achievements cant be received on the PS4 version? I figured I would get it for the PS4 since I will be getting LEGO DIMENSIONS on the XBOX ONE I like to mix things around, I know, kind of silly but I like to mix and match that way one console isnt getting more than the other..just not sure, XBOX ONE or PS4, I Guess PS4 is good cause the USB port is in the front but I assume the guitar is wireless anyway, UGH decisions decisions not sure what to do
Guitar is wireless with a thumb drive sized adapter.

THERE IS NO DLC.

It is an online streaming mode that is entirely free (unless you want to pay to play specific songs beyond the plays you've earned through playing the game).

Excellent choice!
Thanks for the info..so on both consoles the streaming service is "Free"..I will get it for the PS4 then was on the fence about which console to get it for but you convinced me :)

LOL weird it says that the microphone gets shipped separately is that how this normally works I assumed they just put the microphone in the box and ship it both at the same time..the microphone arrives next week but the actual guitar hero live comes in december isnt that odd

There are Playstation trophies as well. It's just a personal preference for me. It keeps these games fun for me for a long time when I go after the achievements. Achievements were introduced first and they got me hooked on those first. That's all.

The points brought up about the external memory and usb ports are helpful as well.

How does this compare to the new RB? I want RB since the guitar is the normal layout but this price isn't bad at all.
RB is for social gatherings, GH Live is basically best solo. And if you're good at one, you may suck at the other now because of the layout.

RB is for social gatherings, GH Live is basically best solo. And if you're good at one, you may suck at the other now because of the layout.
I haven't played GH Live, but I bet this is how it's going to be for me as well. I don't imagine ever buying more GH Live guitars for social gatherings unless they plummet to less than $15 or $20 some day. On the other hand, I have plenty of RB 4 compatible crap around (just no drums because they are wired xbox 360 drums :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: ).

How does this compare to the new RB? I want RB since the guitar is the normal layout but this price isn't bad at all.
I haven't played RB4 but everything says it's just the same game as before mildly updated and ported to current gen. GH redid the whole guitar and it's so much better for it. Feels much more like playing a guitar and just more natural and enjoyable.

Just tried to pay with PayPal, but said it couldn't authorize my account. Weird thing is the money from my PayPal is pending, but no confirmation email from best buy. Probably will be a headache to deal with tomorrow.

I know (most) Best Buy won't pricematch AND include GCU discount, but can they do so for their own online prices?

I'd love to pick this one up at a Best Buy store for $56 instead of waiting for next week.  I don't care about that microphone...

I know (most) Best Buy won't pricematch AND include GCU discount, but can they do so for their own online prices?

I'd love to pick this one up at a Best Buy store for $56 instead of waiting for next week. I don't care about that microphone...
you know they should, prob will but knowing best buy it's gonna be a pain. I'm a try it in store tomorrow if pick up doesn't pop up, if they don't do it for 56 Ill just order online. I highly doubt they'll sell out of this today and if they do I can wait till BF.

I used rewards certs on mine so this might get complicated...I might just buy and return my pre-order and just lose out the $10 cert.
I pre ordered mine but am sadly not an Elite member. Kinda stings to have picked this up less than a month ago and to see the price drop so much. Black Friday I can understand, but pre Black Friday is just salt in the wound...

bread's done
Back