Anyone use/have experience with Liberty Mutual car insurance?

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
So, I'm thinking about switching car insurance companies. I've had State Farm for 12 years and never had any real experience dealing with them, b/c I've never had any issues. But my premium recently jumped 10%. I asked if it was due to anything I had done (anything that I wasn't aware of anything) and they said no, just that it's based on risk. 

I looked around a bit and found that most other reputable insurance companies (ie, not shit like The General) had similar rates, except for Liberty Mutual, where it was almost 35% less than what State Farm was charging. Obviously the savings would be good but I don't know anyone that uses them. The only thing I've historically been told is that make sure you have an agent but it looks like Liberty Mutual doesn't work like that. 

Anyone here use them? Any insight? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak to the agent part because I don't know what that's referring to but when I did a bunch of quotes many years ago, the three best rates I got were from: Liberty, Geico, and Ameriprise.  Ameriprise was actually the best out of the three for me.  I'm not sure if they're regional but they have a partnership with Costco. 

Some insurance companies like Ameriprise also offer home owner's/renter's insurance which if you were to sign up for as well would offer you a bundled discount to even lower the price further.  They offered me the cheapest auto insurance rates BEFORE my renter's bundle offer so I can vouch for them.  I've admittingly have not paid attention to their premium increases over the years so their rates may be dated but my suggestion is to at least get a quote from Geico and Ameriprise before you make your decision.  FWIW, I heard good things about Liberty through somebody that had a policy with them at the time.

Some companies offer different discounts if you're a licensed professional. As a CPA, I earned discounts from my previous insurer.

I read this topic yesterday, and now today on Facebook I have a poll thing asking if I'd consider Liberty Mutual Insurance the next time I was looking for some. :/

I can't speak to the agent part because I don't know what that's referring to but when I did a bunch of quotes many years ago, the three best rates I got were from: Liberty, Geico, and Ameriprise. Ameriprise was actually the best out of the three for me. I'm not sure if they're regional but they have a partnership with Costco.

Some insurance companies like Ameriprise also offer home owner's/renter's insurance which if you were to sign up for as well would offer you a bundled discount to even lower the price further. They offered me the cheapest auto insurance rates BEFORE my renter's bundle offer so I can vouch for them. I've admittingly have not paid attention to their premium increases over the years so their rates may be dated but my suggestion is to at least get a quote from Geico and Ameriprise before you make your decision. FWIW, I heard good things about Liberty through somebody that had a policy with them at the time.

Some companies offer different discounts if you're a licensed professional. As a CPA, I earned discounts from my previous insurer.
Thanks, very insightful post! Didn't even know about the CPA thing! I'm a CPA, what's up follow beancounter?!:D

I read this topic yesterday, and now today on Facebook I have a poll thing asking if I'd consider Liberty Mutual Insurance the next time I was looking for some. :/
LOL Welcome to the age of Google spying on everything. Get uBlock Origin.

bread's done
Back