PRICE DROP - Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Wolf Link amiibo - Wii U $79.99

$99.99 ?!?!

For an HD remake and an Amiibo ?!?!

Something is seriously out of whack here...

I still preordered, but I'm expecting a price protection on this, it shouldn't be higher than $79.99, and that's still high

Thanks for the tip though, always appreciated

Pre ordered just in case stock is low. Need to still play through TP and the wolf link Amiibo is a good addition to the set :3

$99.99 ?!?!

For an HD remake and an Amiibo ?!?!

Something is seriously out of whack here...

I still preordered, but I'm expecting a price protection on this, it shouldn't be higher than $79.99, and that's still high

Thanks for the tip though, always appreciated
Price does seem much higher than the states ($60 there) so hopefully it goes down to $75... $80 would be pushing it for me..

Amazon will certainly price correct us, even though they soldout in 12 hours with a $20 markup. Either way, may as well throw in tentative orders everywhere. Although unless we're talking discounts I'm sure I'll just get this instore from EB, everybody else may crush it in shipping.

Amazon will certainly price correct us, even though they soldout in 12 hours with a $20 markup. Either way, may as well throw in tentative orders everywhere. Although unless we're talking discounts I'm sure I'll just get this instore from EB, everybody else may crush it in shipping.
Best Buy increased it to $100. Doubt Amazon will match them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF. It's $60 in the USA. The amiibo is just timed exclusive to this set, like the green Yoshi was. Maybe they'll charge $20 for it because the amiibo looks kinda big. But there's no way a port of a common/bargain Wii game is worth $80 itself.

Edit: Oh, while I'm mentioning amiibo's and Bestbuy. They've restocked some rare ones like Dark Pit and Little Mac:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/nintendo-amiibo/306351.aspx?path=c7aa61aaf2e64001de0a7d7c313de81een01
Amazon restocked Charizard, BB restocked Dark Pit and Lil Mac, Toys R Us restocked Greninja. And honestly, I was going to get this for myself as a bday gift. But, $100 is insane for a game that's $20 on the Wii.

FYI: not a port; a high-definition remastered version of Twilight Princess, which, if Wind Waker is any indication, will be worth the purchase (now, or later, that's up to you and your wallet).

I don't think BB has ever not honoured their pre-order prices before, for me at least, so for those that ordered it at $79.99, you should be safe. They didn't correct the price for those $25 white DualShock 4 controllers this week, so.

FYI: not a port; a high-definition remastered version of Twilight Princess, which, if Wind Waker is any indication, will be worth the purchase (now, or later, that's up to you and your wallet).

I don't think BB has ever not honoured their pre-order prices before, for me at least, so for those that ordered it at $79.99, you should be safe. They didn't correct the price for those $25 white DualShock 4 controllers this week, so.
Wind Waker wasn't $100 though.

Wind Waker wasn't $100 though.
Games weren't $80 in Canada when Wind Waker HD came out, and amiibos didn't exist.

The underlying point to my post, though, wasn't about MSRP, but rather that Twilight Princess > the number of dog shit titles and collector's editions I've seen people here and elsewhere buy on Day 1 in "support" of one publisher, developer, localizing cause, or other. By all means, and I urge this as well, don't buy this for $100 if you a) don't want it, and/or b) feel it's too costly (because it is at $100, you're right). If you're getting it for $80, well, the US are getting it for $60, so, that's essentially what the inflation is right now. Or, you know, in CAG fashion buy this at a later point for much less. Valid points have been made about a lot of Nintendo's game + amiibo bundles being abundantly available weeks after release, so far, and of course there's always the possibility that it's not $100 MSRP come March. And also, that the Wolf Link amiibo, assuming that's what you're really after, will just be made available separately at some point.

Sup friends, lurker here who had to check email to remember my account name. I managed to get it on bestbuy before it went up $20.

EB dropped the price? That's unexpected, the CAD is still dropping and economists are suggesting losing another 10¢ this year is very possible. $80 was a kinda poor exchange rate when Bestbuy first popped for a few days at that price, but with the current CAD $60USD should be ~$87.

Hrrmm considering the below MSRP price from EB, I'm guessing these might be super common. Like the Animal Crossing set, which was slashed to 50% off a month after it was released...

I should mention, EB brick and mortar stores don't save presell price information. So if this is a temporary error and the price goes back up, you'll have an argument on your hands to get it for $80. Save a copy of this listing onto your phone just in case you need it.

EB dropped the price? That's unexpected, the CAD is still dropping and economists are suggesting losing another 10¢ this year is very possible. $80 was a kinda poor exchange rate when Bestbuy first popped for a few days at that price, but with the current CAD $60USD should be ~$87.

Hrrmm considering the below MSRP price from EB, I'm guessing these might be super common. Like the Animal Crossing set, which was slashed to 50% off a month after it was released...

I should mention, EB brick and mortar stores don't save presell price information. So if this is a temporary error and the price goes back up, you'll have an argument on your hands to get it for $80. Save a copy of this listing onto your phone just in case you need it.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-wii-u/10401096.aspx?path=fd324fb00a5f24613a359e718f3019b9en02

http://www.amazon.ca/Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Wolf-amiibo/dp/B0187TN1UQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452902460&sr=8-1&keywords=Twilight+Princess

Seeing how Amazon and BB have it at this price, it's not an error.

At the time of my post Bestbuy was still $100, and Amazon was still soldout (prettymuch since they listed it). But yeah, new price everywhere suggests it's the real Canadian MSRP, and this real price was only set this morning.

Now the $70 Bestbuy preorders don't seem nearly as hot. Good luck to anybody who's gonna try calling BB's customer service to get 30% off applied to the real price. I ain't gonna bother

Seems to be a rumor for now.
Certainly not confirmed, but I don't see any reason to doubt the rumor.

Ugh, I want the Amiibo, but I didn't like Twilight Princess.... and I can't justify $80 for an amiibo.
Just buy the combo and flip the game. Reselling Zelda is one of the easiest resales you'll ever do. Put it on eBay for the full digital price ($50USD) with free shipping and it'll go (actually stupid people on eBay may pay more than $50USD in that first week, I think people were overpaying for Majora's Mask when it came out). After eBay/Papal fees you'll get about $45USD, which is ~$65CAD. Then shipping will cost ~$5 for Light Packet to the USA or ~$2 in stamps inside Canada.

Noticed there's a new hardcover Zelda guide for Twilight Princess:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0744017033/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

I think this is the third hardcover guide TP has gotten. It has the same page count as the most recent version, it may be identical just with a new cover. So if you bought the Zelda guide boxset when it was cheap you may already have it.
"New Content: Completely updated for all that’s new in the HD release, including all Miiverse functionality and the new Amiibo features!"

The guides for Ocarina of Time 3D, The Wind Waker HD and Majora's Mask 3D were all brand-new guides, so I expect this one will be, too. Prima guides always have sort of "placeholder" page counts in their Amazon descriptions before launch (sometimes they never get updated even after launch).

Anybody know what would happen in this case?

Best Buy had a "pre-order 3 get 30% off" a few weeks ago. I have 4 games in my order, including Zelda. It was 100 at that point, and in my order it appears at 69.99 because of the 30% off.

Now with the price drop, it should be less than 69.99 but the order hasn't updated.

Does Best Buy usually fix it by the time it releases, or do I need to contact them for it?

Best Buy had a "pre-order 3 get 30% off" a few weeks ago. I have 4 games in my order, including Zelda. It was 100 at that point, and in my order it appears at 69.99 because of the 30% off.

Now with the price drop, it should be less than 69.99 but the order hasn't updated.

Does Best Buy usually fix it by the time it releases, or do I need to contact them for it?
Contact them, politely explaining that your item only had a placeholder price instead of a realistic price. They should agree to refund you the difference after you are charged the current order amount.

Slightly unrelated, but Amazon also now has a placeholder page up for a Hyrule Warriors Legends Collector's Edition Guide.

Bestbuy's policy is that you get it at the price you ordered at. Or if the price dips beneath the price you ordered at (like if Zelda dropped to $60) you'd get the discounted price. The 30% off promo doesn't stack with price protection, like the way Amazon does it. It's entirely possible to get stuck with orders at the full MSRP.

But YMMV on whatever CSR you get actually knowing what the hell is going on. So you can get lucky. I would suggest phoning them instead of any online communication, so they have to make a judgment call on the spot.

I did the same thing - I just checked on it now and it looks as though BB actually adjusted the price appropriately and then applied the 30% discount, as I was charged $56 + HST instead of the $69.99 it was showing previously.

I even ordered it again when they had the 20% off deal a few weeks ago just because I didn't think they'd adjust it properly. Glad I didn't cancel the original now!

Oh yeah, Bestbuy announced that single price adjustment on their forums a shortly after the 20% deal. I'm guessing they were flooded with cancellations and complaints.

Oh yeah, Bestbuy announced that single price adjustment on their forums a shortly after the 20% deal. I'm guessing they were flooded with cancellations and complaints.
Did they announce it specifically pertaining to this game? Or is it a new policy for everything? Honestly it's a huge reason to favour doing these deals with Amazon vs. them. I've had many superior discounts due to Amazon's lowest pre-order price thing and their fluctuating prices.

I ended up biting at the last second and picked up the bundle. I have the game itself listed on Kijiji now for $60 so we'll see.... I might even open it up to play since I really don't remember Twilight Princess at all.

Hrm. Picked up the full priced preorder I left open at EB. It did not come with the Gamestop exclusive soundtrack, so I guess that was a US exclusive. Dammit, now I need to keep my eyes on eBay for that, and I don't know what I'll do with this extra full priced copy. It doesn't look like it's a flip, but it could shoot up in value? My EB clerk was raving about how super rare it was, and that they were 100% presold out. I'd kinda like to return it with the reason " fuck it didn't come with the soundtrack".

For the record, like adayinthelife said, Best Buy did end up changing my original pre-order (originally $100) to the new price of $80, and the original 30% off I had when pre-ordered on Black Friday.

Only took a couple of emails. They didn't even notify me when they did it, just noticed.

Cool!

bread's done
Back