Adding a new Hard Drive to an Xbox One

Tora Chan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Quick question about adding more HD space on an Xbox One!

I bought a new 500GB XB1 yesterday, and I plan on buying a 4TB HD from Best Buy on Black Friday, this one specifically:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-book-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/1766068.p?id=1219063238074&skuId=1766068

"WD - My Book 4TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive" (it will be $99 from its original $189)

How does adding a new HD work? Since I just bought my XB1, should I wait until I get this new HD before I start to download games to my current 500GB? Or would I be able to use both in conjunction with each other and I can go ahead and start downloading stuff to my 500GB HD?

Thanks!!!

Literally plug and play. Connect via usb, and then the xbox will notice it and go from there.

One thing I stumbled across:

I just went to a new 1TB model One, and plugged in my external that had all my games On it from my old One. The new One accepted the external with all my games installed, so I didn't have to download all my games again like I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally plug and play. Connect via usb, and then the xbox will notice it and go from there.

One thing I stumbled across:

I just went to a new 1TB model One, and plugged in my external that had all my games On it from my old One. The new One accepted the external with all my games installed, so I didn't have to download all my games again like I expected.
Cool! Thanks for the info!! :)

bread's done
Back