Shadow Hearts: Covenant 19.99 New at EBgames.com and B&M!!

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244013.asp

Woo!

- And this right here is the big one my friends. $19.99 Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Didn't see this posted earlier and noticed the price drop now so I decided to post it. I posted it in the EBGames Morning Update thread, but this one is worthy of its own thread IMO. Everybody, buy this game. It is fucking great. I love it. Great price as well. Might be time to order another copy of it.

And my good friend CoffeEdge says that there is even a PriceGrabber rebate on it for $5 off, which only sweetens the deal.

[quote name='"CoffeeEdge"']
OK, now there's a good find (I already bought it at TRU for $20). Take note, it's eligible for the $5 Pricegrabber rebate. Anyone that passes on this game for $15 is making a big mistake.[/quote]

Also, for those that want to play the series in order/are fearful of missing something from the first one, Buy.com has it for $17.99 new.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50011434&loc=108&sp=1

[quote name='Scorch']lol this dropped to $20 months ago[/QUOTE]

Not on EBgames website and has only recently on Gamestop's. TRU had it for $20, but most places at that point had been either sold out of it or just didn't have it like all of the ones around me. EBGames had it on sale at one of their sales for $19.99, but most stores sold out of them, or you just couldn't find one. Stop being a dick and stay out of threads you don't like.

[quote name='Scorch']lol this dropped to $20 months ago

3 months ago, actually

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44216

added funny: you posted in the thread.. multiple times[/QUOTE]

No not funny, but thanks for the link. Obviously you don't remember the Spring EBGames sale thread or whatever thread that was going on at the time. That was the only reason for the drop at the time and many people, including myself, were unable to find it in store. Then afterwards it shot back up to $29.99. Trust me Scorch, I know my SH prices.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Not on EBgames website and has only recently on Gamestop's. TRU had it for $20, but most places at that point had been either sold out of it or just didn't have it like all of the ones around me. EBGames had it on sale at one of their sales for $19.99, but most stores sold out of them, or you just couldn't find one. Stop being a dick and stay out of threads you don't like.[/QUOTE]

I'm not "being a dick", and it's funny that you'd accuse someone of "not liking a thread" when all i'm trying to do is say that it's been $19.99 for a while.

No not funny, but thanks for the link. Obviously you don't remember the Spring or January EBGames sale thread or whatever thread that was going on at the time. That was the only reason for the drop at the time.

Okay. If i'm wrong, fine, but I thought it'd been $20 for a while. Sorry. Not sure why you used two posts to reply to my one, could've edited or something. Oh well. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If you play RPGs, buy this or I will personally send someone to kick your ass.[/QUOTE]

and i shall do the same

[quote name='Scorch']I'm not "being a dick", and it's funny that you'd accuse someone of "not liking a thread" when all i'm trying to do is say that it's been $19.99 for a while. [/quote] I'm sorry for using that language, but IMPO that's how you were coming off as. Also, you were trying to say something like I had reposted something or that this wasn't a new deal without any proof like everyone should just take your word and that mine is wrong. Trust me man, I know my SH, and I know my deals.

Okay. If i'm wrong, fine, but I thought it'd been $20 for a while. Sorry. Not sure why you used two posts to reply to my one, could've edited or something. Oh well. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

O.K. fine. It's all cool and apolgy accept. Also, I guess I could have just edited my post, but you switched your all around. Just felt like keeping them intact.

By the way, it lists more than 100 copies in stock. So, I guess there's enough for everyone, unless it's a mistake quantity listing (the way Defender and Dr Muto were). :D

Oh, and hey, hiccup: Don't worry about editing posts. You're kind of notorious for double posting (not in a bad way, in my opinion). I can always tell it's you when there's 3 posts in a row. :) ;)

I guess I have to buy it now, even though I haven't started the first one:cry: . Just too many games to play and finish.

get this game..NOW it blew me away :X! (then again, i played 1 and 2) but this game is awesome!!! ..*whew...sounded fanboy-ish..sry*

[quote name='greydemise']get this game..NOW it blew me away :X! (then again, i played 1 and 2) but this game is awesome!!! ..*whew...sounded fanboy-ish..sry*[/QUOTE]

SH:C is worthy of fanboyism

I'll also weigh in and say that this was one of the most enjoyable RPGs I ever played. It has a good story, great characters, it cuts out alot of the tedium of other RPGs, and I felt it had a perfect difficulty curve.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Y'all better kick my ass cause I'm waiting for this to drop to $10ish or $13 used and shipped free ;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck waiting for that shit. I doubt it's gonna go lower than this.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Good luck waiting for that shit. I doubt it's gonna go lower than this.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and I would just like to say this is one fucking awesome game. The SH community here on CAG is also great and is doesn't parallel any that I've seen. Also, everyone should buy this game. Best RPG I've played in a long long time.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Y'all better kick my ass cause I'm waiting for this to drop to $10ish or $13 used and shipped free ;)[/QUOTE]
It's not gonna happen. By it now or your ass is in peril!

...good god, that sounds horrible.

I bought it on Sunday at GameStop, part of the Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale. Haven't played it yet, I'm waiting until I finish Ys and Brothers in Arms before doing so.

But I just bought Paper Mario, Star Ocean, Jak, Jak 2 and Ratchet 2, and I still have barely touched Metroid Prime 2, FF1&2, and KH:CoM. Should I really buy a game I know very little about just because it's cheap and people tell me it's great? Probably, but I don't think I will drop $15 to put yet another game on my "games to play" pile.

[quote name='BIG5']But I just bought Paper Mario, Star Ocean, Jak, Jak 2 and Ratchet 2, and I still have barely touched Metroid Prime 2, FF1&2, and KH:CoM. Should I really buy a game I know very little about just because it's cheap and people tell me it's great? Probably, but I don't think I will drop $15 to put yet another game on my "games to play" pile.[/QUOTE]

It's not going anywhere, even at $20 bucks, from what I can see.

I think it will slowly disappear, rather than a mass exodus off the shelves.

I still haven't finished the first Shadow Hearts (and have no desire too) so I can wait for some further price drop/clearance on this game. Circuit City has their copies at $49.99 and no one buys them so they are a retailer to keep an eye on.

[quote name='BIG5']But I just bought Paper Mario, Star Ocean, Jak, Jak 2 and Ratchet 2, and I still have barely touched Metroid Prime 2, FF1&2, and KH:CoM. Should I really buy a game I know very little about just because it's cheap and people tell me it's great? Probably, but I don't think I will drop $15 to put yet another game on my "games to play" pile.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at this the same way. My "games to play" pile is huge, in fact I can't see any way I'll get through them all before the next gen consoles come out. Add to that the fact that I generally don't play RPGs, and I probably shouldn't even be reading this thread. And yet...... I'm intrigued by all the glowing praise I hear about this game. I think I'm just a sucker for good hype.

Trust all of those that say this game is amazing. It is quite possibly not only my favorite RPG, but one of my favorite games out there right now. It has the perfect mix of seriousness and hilarity in it. Plus, the main character is the best main character in a game. He's badass, yet insanely stupid at the same time. And that's why I love him. Trust me when I say this is a game that deserves all the praise it gets. And at 20 bucks, that's an awesome price. If you pass this up, you...I'm gonna stop before I get myself in trouble. But let's just say it's stupid to pass this up at $20.

[quote name='BIG5']But I just bought Paper Mario, Star Ocean, Jak, Jak 2 and Ratchet 2, and I still have barely touched Metroid Prime 2, FF1&2, and KH:CoM. Should I really buy a game I know very little about just because it's cheap and people tell me it's great?[/QUOTE]

yes you should, it is very good.

[quote name='stolazi']So much Shadow Hearts love in this thread! Here's hoping the third installment gets released in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

i dream about it every night

[quote name='stolazi']So much Shadow Hearts love in this thread! Here's hoping the third installment gets released in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

I wish for it to finally have a publisher here. It's starting to look pretty grim for it, but I'm still hoping for Atlus or NIS or one of the smaller publishers to pick it up. At this point I wouldn't mind if EA actually picked it up (so long as they left the game intact, untouched, and unchanged one bit).

^^^ I'd like to know the same thing. Does the story carry over from the first or is it a completely different thing?
| | |

Man if I didn't already have so many games to play I would definitely pick this up for that price. All these games to play plus a trip to New York means that I better stop buying games for a few weeks. :) Oh well, I don't think I will have trouble finding a copy of this later on (probably in late August).

[quote name='rafissaying']should i play the first shadow hearts before the second?? or will i be good if i just play the second??[/QUOTE]

yes it does directly continue the story. you will enjoy the second more if you play SH1 first. but you dont have to, i reccomend playing them in order to get the full experience

[quote name='cthcky33']yes it does directly continue the story. you will enjoy the second more if you play SH1 first. but you dont have to, i reccomend playing them in order to get the full experience[/QUOTE]

This is what's stopping me from getting it...don't want to get number 2 until I can find number 1.

I think it depends on if you want to play the first SH. Personally, I wasn't that impressed by 1. I only played it for a bit, and this was after playing Covenant. It just seems....Primative compared to Covenant. If you really wanna play SH ever, you should definitely play it before Covenant. However, I feel Covenant does a pretty damn good job of covering what important events happen in SH.

well since i just picked it up today for 19.99 used at GR, since i had some credit leftover, i will play part one first since i already have it. thanks for the input.

bread's done
Back