CAGcast #430: A Very CAGcast Thanksgiving

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Thanksgiving, Fallout 4, Jessica Jones, Black Friday, Dead or Alive 3 Extreme controversy, Lara Croft's impalements, stupid smart house tricks and so much more!
Download (1 hours 14 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/3859671-cagcast-430-a-very-cagcast-thanksgiving/

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Yuna - Lullabies - Adventure Club Remix
Outro -  Blue Thunder Ending Theme
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat, 

It's called baby fever.  My wife was pregnant with my 3rd child at age 38 despite telling me that she was on the pill.  Don't worry though.  3 isn't that much crazier from 2.  Enjoy

Thank you guys for putting forth the effort to do a Thanksgiving show. Commuters everywhere are thankful for you, including us Ohioans.

Amazon is coming to Brooklyn: http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/38/48/br-amazon-sunset-park-2015-11-27.html That's gonna drive up the rent for a lot of the area's small businesses.

No, Koei Tecmo is just scapegoating their refusal to release DOAX3. Was 2 as well received as the last DOA game? I highly doubt Itagaki had a hand with this. Besides, I have bigger gripes with Sega, and Bandai for not releasing certain games over here, instead going digital.

Why didn't Gamergate come out for those Vita games that were censored, like Monster Monpiece, Criminal Girls, and Dungeon Travelers 2?

I enjoyed the in depth discussion of Wombat's sausage stuffing.

And the part we he talked about his Thanksgiving recipe was good, too.

Oyyyy 30 seconds into the show...

jerVl1a.jpg

I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones, have to agree with Ship. It felt like i'd been watching for an hour, I look and was 24 minutes in. Not sure what to think of it, might watch a couple more episodes before passing judgement on it.

Wombat,

It's called baby fever. My wife was pregnant with my 3rd child at age 38 despite telling me that she was on the pill. Don't worry though. 3 isn't that much crazier from 2. Enjoy
Was listening in the car with the wife, she looked at me as soon as she heard the confusion of all the guys on the show and said "She wants to have another baby". Seemed very obvious to her.

So, Godspeed Wombat, lay that seed in there and get that child growing deep in the womb.

I supposed we can talk about this now that he broached the subject with the listeners.

Now that everyone is back in NYC (area) does this mean we get to take Wombat out for a huge CAG male baby shower extravaganza send off party?

Agreed with Wombat on DOA: There is no way this game doesn't get released digitally for Vita/PS4 (though maybe not Vita in the US) as there is a lot of lost revenue there. Someone needs to chime in how much it would cost them to just release it digitally considering the game already has english subtitles. Some hype on facebook/neogaf/elsewhere will cost them little in marketing. It sounds like easy money to me.

However, if you *must* have a disc copy I would import it now.

Cheapy, you took the words right out of my mouth about doing a "live CagCast" on Black Friday. Years ago, I would stay up online to see the sales "turn on" and be there before the meager quantities sold out. Also, Amazon would pull some great deals right on the spot and those willing to stay up (or get up early) would have some great deals.

As you said...nowadays Black Friday starts the Monday before Thanksgiving...

Question to the old time CAG-ers and you guys: Is it me or were the deals years ago better then today? I remember a lot of games under $10 and stocking up on a bunch of games years ago. Now, I get one or two for around $20 or so...

Then again, Shipwreck was ALSO correct when he said something like, "When you have Best Buy Gamers Unlocked, you get everything for $48 when it comes out."

About the subject of Xbox One or PS4 coming out on top this holiday.... 

Judging by what I saw at the Target near me on Brown(note) Thursday, they set up equal displays of PS4 and Xbox Ones (but did not bother stocking the temp displays with hardly any of the games-still had placeholders instead) and the Xbox display was gone in just a few minutes, while the PS4 display just had a few missing from the top.

This same scene was echoed throughout the weekend at BestBuy, Walmart, and several other places.

It was enough for me to actually take notice and wonder why I was watching the Xboxs fly out the doors and hardly any PS4s.

Black Friday 2027 will begin the day after Halloween.

I'll be interested to hear the sales charts this year. Things got a little nebulous by making the deals week-long, even for an in-the-know CAG like me.

I think it's like you guys said in the cast, it's that limited-time window that made BF an event, so I can see why you wouldn't do a live show over a week. It's kinda the same thing going on with Steam sales, they got rid of the elusive and enigmatic flash sales and daily deals that were only up briefly at a time, which is what made it an event to participate in. 

Kinda makes me realize I pay attention to that kind of stuff more for the fun of it than I realized, and not just for the actual games. I wanna be part of something ...

As for Wombat, if his relationship with his wife escalates in the praying mantis-like way that I expect it to, he will be gored by her after mating within the next week. If it escalates more toward Klingon route, then expect bruises, a thrown out back and a lot of opera.

Finally got signed up for gamers club unlocked on Black Friday. Got starter for Lego, skylanders and Disney infinity sets plus 2 skylanders vehicles. Receipt says I saved 118 dollars.

Yep too good of a deal to not get signed up. Turned around on Sunday and picked up Batman for PS4 for 20 bucks at Best Buy

I'm going to point out right now that 'Gamergate' has nothing to do with this 'Play-Asia' & 'Tecmo Koei' move on the whole DOAX3 issue.

For a Japanese company/speaker (most likely speaking all the way from Japan) spouting this kind of statement about 'Gender Politics' says a lot about the Western market as a whole nowadays...for this kind of thing to reach the ears of the Japanese branch, and even if used as a 'marketing' excuse, it clearly points out that it's really evident that there is some 'SJW' crowd that may be against this game due to their Gender/Identity Politics nonsense that's taking place right now in the US.

It's no wonder why you see South Park doing parodies about Social Justice, PC culture & Safe Spaces...especially with all the marching that has been reported by a bunch of self-entitled brats who eat this 'Gender/Identity Politics' nonsense in all colleges all around the US...please look it up! Even comedians are having issues with the current of state of affairs, especially getting a plaform in colleges all around...because on the sudden rise of these pesky 'trigger' culture driven ideologs.

Also, let's point out at all the backlash from 'Journalists' *Cough* Kotaku's...what a surprise! *Cough* & other people that were offended by Play-Asia's statement on SJWs & how proactive they're in carrying with their decision (good marketing strategy btw) with carrying the game for importing...and these subjects that took offense called out for a boycott on 'Play-Asia' as a whole & with contacting ties in the gaming industry to cease all business with 'Play-Asia'.

It really goes to show that 2015 is very different from what the US, as whole, was 5 years ago...with all these Social Bullies that want to monitor and change everything to what caters to them and them only. Just poisoning everything they touch...the 'no fun allowed' crowd, the 'You must be fun at parties *sarcasm* ' crowd, etc. lol!

Hopefully this rise in PC culture lasts like 6 years then runs out of steam...just how the South Park farmers mentioned in the very first episode of the new season...hahahaha!

Also it doesn't really make sense for DOAX3 not to come out here...when it has sold the best in NA! Yes! Better than in Europe & Asia!

If the market research was solely done, not on numbers but, based on the market's behavior towards these kind of games...then it just further proves it's all about the above reasons...because if it was solely based on the 'sale numbers' then NA should be priority #1 in terms of release & sales. It just doesn't make any sense...when Japan isn't even the core market from a 'sales' perspective.

Anyhow! We'll see what happens...only time will tell. All I know is that 'Play-Asia' is now BANKING from this whole affair...more than Tecmo Koei for sure! Not just from sales on this game...but by giving itself worldwide exposure! Great marketing campaign more than anything for sure!

Black Friday isn't what it used to be.  Like you guys said, with GCU and the sales starting a week before, there's nothing really special about it anymore.

Wombat, I was hoping you would give your stuffing recipe on the show but I guess I'll have to listen to that UnOp episode again and try to decipher it from there.

Black Friday is a marketing gimmick. The real deals happen in December, when all the malls are packed with people, and the minimum wage slaves at the Warehouses are shuffling to fulfill the orders.

I honestly had an easier time shopping on Black Friday than actually going to the store in the middle of December.

bread's done
Back