PS4 line Huge, Xbox One Line Dead?

Barney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Yesterday at Walmart i noticed that the line to get a PS4 was huge yet there wasn't actually a line for the Xbox one.  I actually notice this because the employees were talking about it. I was in the line for the video games and right after I got what i wanted i made my way to the electronic section and noticed they had xbox ones there too.

I'm just curious as to why people are choosing the PS4 over the Xbox one so much. My own personal reason was the DRM crap that Microsoft were thinking of implementing. That alone drove me away even though they didn't actually go through with it. But why are the masses choosing the PS4 though? 360 was so damn popular..

i don't know it just surprised me when i saw the PS4 line compare to the very few people that stood for the xbox one.

PlayStation 4 has a significant sales lead and people tend to buy what is currently popular; that and accurate or not, it has been hyped since release as the "more powerful system". It also has timed exclusivity with Call of Duty for map packs

Today i got up early to go buy a ps4.. it was sold out everywhere.. Target, Walmart, Sams Club, Kohls, Best buy.... they did all have plenty xbox one consoles

this is crazy...

I kind of agreed with the CAGcast that the Xbox One would lead sales due to it being the price/value leader in most places. Aside from the eBay $290 PS4 Uncharted bundle, I don't recall seeing anything that amazing in PS4 land.

Yea I purchased two more Ps4 consoles on Thursday, one for my son for Christmas and one for a friend. As someone that owns both systems, I prefer the ps4 over the Xbox. Not really for any particular reason, only really use the Xbox for exclusives. As far as sales numbers go, the Playstation is still outselling the Xbox 2:1. Playstation is well pasted 30 million and Xbox is estimated around 15-16 million. The only reason I can think is Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot back in 2013. They changed the whole way Xbox One was designed so easily. I remember that e3 in particular, the articles coming out with interviews was insane. Sony really doesn't even seem like they push the ps4 as much as the Xbox is being pushed. Microsoft has a new promo every other week with free games/conttollers/gift cards. Also Sony hasn't really had any must play exclusives either. Sony has done a good job with getting 3rd parties associated with the PS4.

I got to say, Microsoft really did improve Xb1 a lot. The system is pretty fast and the dash is nice. Apps like the NFL Next Gen app and EA Access are really nice and add to the system. Also the snap feature and humidity pass through make it possible for neat things to be done. 360 backwards compatibility could be an amazing feature, with the full 360 system being emulated, but I find the current compadible game list lacking. What I don't understand, if it's the whole 360 system being emulated, why do publishers have to OK it? Why is there a limit on the games available? If they are emulating the full system, shouldn't all discs and downloaded games just work? I understand some developers and publishers don't want to lose money from Remastered games. It just seems like they wouldn't be able to do anything about their game running on basically a 360. It'd be like putting a game in your 360 but you can't play it. Unless Microsoft is playing it safe and doesn't want to piss off any publishers?

Again this is all just my thoughts and opinions. Sorry for rambling.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gears bundle had sold out at Target, but was restocked overnight between Thursday and Balcl Friday morning. The white gears system sold out at Walmart. But there were a metric shaqfu ton of Gears black systems unsold at Walmart even through 2AM Saturday. Like entire pallets right next to all the empty ones where games, phone cases, etc. had sold out. Walmart employees just hanging off them.

The telling thing about Xbox at Target was they only seemed to sell as many Gears consoles as their were in their usual glass floor cage. Didn't see any special mountain of them in the shoe section like you did for Uncharted ps4s and rock Band 4 red guitar sets. And not because they sold.

You could still find PS4s everywhere but that's likely because they ship twice as many as Xbox (30 million vs 15-16 million), but could see the empty space where tons were sold.

Meanwhile, the Wii Splatoon Smash and Mario Kart bundles for $250 seemed to A) have had a ton in stock and B) sold completely out.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wii U nearly outsold the Xbox this season

bread's done
Back