- - - - -

Everdrive Store Sale

retrogaming everdrive

#1 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

I don't know how may retrogamers are on CAG but if you are looking for an everdrive, there is a sale going on at the everdrive store. http://shop.krikzz.com/ Sale looks to be 15-20% off regular price.

There is a similar sale at stoneage gamer http://www.stoneageg...om/flash-carts/

#2 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

Dang it, the SD2SNES is out of stock from krikzz. That was the one I wanted and the discount was large. I will keep looking to see if it comes back in stock.

Can anyone recommend the NES N8 from krikzz?

#3 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2817 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:00 AM

I have no idea what an Everdrive is, and this website is not helping.

#4 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Just FYI, almost all of these are cheaper on Aliexpress. These stores' suppliers are probably all on Aliexpress and they just mark them up for folks who don't know they can order direct from China.

EDIT: I'm stupid. Buy from the OP's links and pretend I never posted.

#5 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

Krikzz is actually a designer of the carts he sells. So he is not just a clone seller. There are those who use his designs to sell on Aliexpress. So it is the other way around. Not sure about Stone Age Gamer.

#6 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

Krikzz is actually a designer of the carts he sells. So he is not just a clone seller. There are those who use his designs to sell on Aliexpress. So it is the other way around. Not sure about Stone Age Gamer.

I had no idea there was an official manufacturer of these - I'll rescind my statement, the person who created the designs certainly deserves any markup they can get.

#7 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

I have no idea what an Everdrive is, and this website is not helping.

the ever drive lets you play roms on the original hardware. You can download the whole nes library to a sd card and play them on your nes. It's a nice option if you want to save some shelf space

#8 schnuth   meh. CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:29 AM

Dang it, the SD2SNES is out of stock from krikzz. That was the one I wanted and the discount was large. I will keep looking to see if it comes back in stock.

Can anyone recommend the NES N8 from krikzz?

You could try Retrogate, they are also having a 20% BF sale:

https://shop.retrogate.com

I love the N8 although I have the Famicom version. Krikzz's products are all top notch.

#9 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:30 AM

I'm not 100% sure about Stone Age gamer but I think they use krikzz as a supplier. I would have bought all my ever drives direct from krikzz but the turbografx ever drive was sold out so I had to use Stone Age.

#10 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

You could try Retrogate, they are also having a 20% BF sale:

https://shop.retrogate.com

I love the N8 although I have the Famicom version. Krikzz's products are all top notch.

So retrogate is a reseller of krikzz's products? Do they use the latest F revision of the SD2SNES board?

#11 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2817 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:42 AM

the ever drive lets you play roms on the original hardware. You can download the whole nes library to a sd card and play them on your nes. It's a nice option if you want to save some shelf space

Oh, okay. That's kinda weird, though, if I'm playing on the hardware I wanna use the actual carts. If you want to save shelf space, that's what emulators are for :V

#12 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

Oh, okay. That's kinda weird, though, if I'm playing on the hardware I wanna use the actual carts. If you want to save shelf space, that's what emulators are for :V

Using these flash carts are closer to authentic than emulation because they use the actual console hardware. Graphics and sound are much closer. And sometimes playing with the actual cart isn't feasible because it would cost something like $600 for a copy of Little Samson on the NES or $200 for Pocky and Rocky 2 on the SNES. Flashcarts are basically a way to get much closer to a real cart than emulation without having to pay thousands of dollars to find rare and expensive carts.

#13 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8795 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:00 AM

I support people using these flashcarts instead of paying upwards of $50 for repros. Pirate Play games the proper way!

#14 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2817 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:20 AM

Using these flash carts are closer to authentic than emulation because they use the actual console hardware. Graphics and sound are much closer. And sometimes playing with the actual cart isn't feasible because it would cost something like $600 for a copy of Little Samson on the NES or $200 for Pocky and Rocky 2 on the SNES. Flashcarts are basically a way to get much closer to a real cart than emulation without having to pay thousands of dollars to find rare and expensive carts.

Yeah, I get this reasoning. I'm just saying the "save shelf space" logic isn't really the best example.

#15 CMoney™  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

So retrogate is a reseller of krikzz's products? Do they use the latest F revision of the SD2SNES board?

Yes, they are an official reseller. They sell the SD2SNES with the Rev F board. Last year this time, before Krikzz had his store, Retrogate was essentially the official store. The SD2SNES I bought was with the Rev F board.

I bought the ED64 v3 today, with the transparent red shell directly from Krikzz.

#16 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:50 AM

Yes, they are an official reseller. They sell the SD2SNES with the Rev F board. Last year this time, before Krikzz had his store, Retrogate was essentially the official store for US customers. The SD2SNES I bought was with the Rev F board.

I bought the ED64 V3 today, with the transparent red shell directly from Krikzz.

Ok, thanks for the info. I might have to buy from retrogate since krikzz's store is out of sd2snes stock even though I would rather buy direct.

#17 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

Figures I bought 2 of them a couple weeks ago

#18 ProstatePunch   Voice of the Voiceless CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ProstatePunch

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Dude.  I've been holding out on one of these for a while, and this is a reason to jump.  Thank you  :D/

#19 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5504 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

:drool: If I had the money, I so would buy an everdrive for every console available.  Might get the N64 one someday.

#20 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

:drool: If I had the money, I so would buy an everdrive for every console available.  Might get the N64 one someday.

I plan on doing this once I get my shelf built so I can properly hook up all of my classic consoles.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

I absolutely love my Genesis and SNES everdrive. I have been using mine for the last 3 years or so and no problems. I love having all the games readily available on a real system on a CRT. It's as much about space as it is about cost, although the insane prices of SNES games also lead me to this.

I support VC releases whenever I can but I don't see why the legality of these devices should be a real issue as the only people it potentially hurts is the collector market which is already ruined by reproductions and fakes and people screwing everyone over they possibly can.

#22 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

Thanks. Been wanting the everdrive64 to keep by my mom. I hate having to go the basement and having to switch carts every time. Also bought the GB everdrive...

#23 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

I don't support virtual console so this is a cool device. Been using HBC for years. Need to go get a n64 now.

#24 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Just out of curiosity, how is the compatbilty on the sd2snes rev f? I'm wondering about mega manx3 and some other titles with odd chip sets from anyone that has one

#25 CMoney™  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

Just out of curiosity, how is the compatbilty on the sd2snes rev f? I'm wondering about mega manx3 and some other titles with odd chip sets from anyone that has one

I would say compatibility is really good/great, depending on how you look at it. I would say great, giving the amount of games in the library. There are chips are not supported at this time, but they may be in the future. There's a list of them at https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility. While I haven't gotten around to playing any of them yet, no Mega Man games are on that list, so MM X3 should run. Unfortunately, there are some popular games that aren't supported, for now.

For those who bought an Everdrive, or SD2SNES, SD cards should still be on sale at Best Buy, price matched by Amazon. I think micro SD cards are on sale as well. Best Buy is doing free shipping on all items.

#26 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2865 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Wasn't there rumor or an everdrive GBA?

#27 CMoney™  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

Wasn't there rumor or an everdrive GBA?

Nothing at this time, but... https://twitter.com/...682206577348608

#28 neut6o1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

I ended up buying the Everdrive N8 for the NES, SD2SNES for the SNES and Mega Everdrive for the Genesis. Spent a lot of money, but also saved $100 I would have probably spent over the coming year. 

I bought it directly from Krikzz because the SD2SNES was back in stock today.

#29 Pixie Stix 88   Will Game 4 $$ CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Pixie Stix 88

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Purchased an Everdrive 64 earlier this year from Krizz, it works great and i have no complaints. If you are on the fence about i would say go for it. If you want to save yourself money instead of buying all the carts you may want SSB, Conkers, etc. 

Difference between the 2.5 and 3.0.

http://micro-64.com/...erdrive64.shtml

I personally got the 2.5 because i don't mind hitting the reset button to save and already have pokemon stadium 2. 

#30 CMoney™  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:01 PM

I ended up buying the Everdrive N8 for the NES, SD2SNES for the SNES and Mega Everdrive for the Genesis. Spent a lot of money, but also saved $100 I would have probably spent over the coming year. 

I bought it directly from Krikzz because the SD2SNES was back in stock today.

Cool, hope you enjoy them. This is the only sale he does. I still want to get the ED GB, but I can wait till next year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retrogaming, everdrive