Lots of 3D movies at walmart for ~$10

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I found this deal on blu ray forums but I can confirm as I just picked up a bunch. They have

Jurrasic Park 3D- 6.96

San Andreas 3D- 9.96

Despical Me 2 3D- 6.96

Gravity 3D- 6.96

Man of Steel 3D- 6.96

Mad Max 3D- 9.96

The Hobbit 3D movies- 6.96-9.96

There are even more than this, but I could not list all of them. Check your local walmart or the walmart black friday thread on blu ray forums for more info. These deals are only in store and are expected to go back up in price by Monday morning. Sorry for the late notice but I figure better late than never and hopefully this helps at least one person. The general consesus was that most of the 3D blu rays are on sale except for the Disney ones. Again you should check the blu ray forums walmart thread and check for yourself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sad that I own all the ones you listed. I was hoping to nab some...
I only listed the ones I literally scaned at my walmart. I will list some more that I found on Blu ray forums that other people have said are also part of the unlisted sale.

Edge Of Tomorrow 3D $6.96

The Amazing Spider Man 2 3D $6.96

300:rise of an empire (I actually did buy this one as well)

Jupiter Ascending 3D

These are all 3D movies also. Again, you should check your local walmart if any of these interest you. I am in the Miami lakes area and the only one that actually had a 3D section was the one on 57th and red road and I was able to get most of these deals. The one across from the stadium and the one on university and pembroke road had nothing. I know this post was last minute but I also just found out about it. They have been talking about it on the blu ray forums for the last couple of days, but I still think not many people know about it. It would be best to check your local walmart ASAP if you are in the market for some good cheap 3D movies.

Hate to say this, but there is already a thread (3D thread) for this talk.

And, I can personally attest that finding these 3D movies in Walmart is a HUGE pain in the ass!! None of the FIVE Wal-marts I went to this weekend had Mad Max 3D at all. I gave up! Damn gas is more than $20 savings.

I just wish to know exactly which store has it, and which (MOST of them, seems like) DO NOT have it. Walmart.com says Availability is Dec 14th.

And, if you can find it somehow, means you are one of the very FEW lucky ones. Extremely extremely YMMV.

Thanks OP, never would have known about this if you had not made this post. Went to my main Walmart and absolutely nada. Went to the other Walmart in town and hit the jackpot. Grabbed everything you listed plus Godzilla for 6.96, and Insurgent for 9.96. Despicable me 2 was 9.96, and 300 and Jupiter Ascending were both 6.96. Turned out to be a great trip, 14 3D movies for $115.

Well went in and got 300, jupiter ascending, edge of tomorrow, and gravity. I was really hoping to get madmax most of all but i feel I did fairly decent.

Only one of the 4 Wal-Marts I went to actually carried 3D movies and of their stock I had all except for San Andreas 3D, which I bought for $9.96.  Would have been nice to pick up the 3D version of Fury Road for that price too.

Not sure if this was a joke on Wal-mart's part or what, but I've learned Wal-mart's BF deals aren't even worth listing anymore.  That was nailed home this year moreso than ever, it's always been a joke with them, but this year was the worst of all.  Deception was the name of the game this year, with certain sale items literally being moved to the back into storage until after BF was over (not talking TVs and computers here.... I'm talking movies and fucking trash cans.... seriously), items at MSRP being included (and making up probably half) with the Black Friday displays, and managers telling staff to refuse ANY refunds for items purchased this weekend.

I don't know if every store was like this, but from the stories I've heard it's very apparent this was far more than an isolated incident so I smell corporate's shitty handprints all over this.  Couple that with the sheer volume of cancellations on online orders (seriously, did they sell a single copy of that $10 Aladdin they advertised so heavily?) and this was a new low, even for Wal-Mart.  If it weren't for that damn amiibo I could've avoided them altogether.

OP's post is a perfect example of this.... EVERY single movie listed was moved into the back until today.  When asked about it employees were ordered to say they were sold out.

Never again.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was a joke on Wal-mart's part or what, but I've learned Wal-mart's BF deals aren't even worth listing anymore. That was nailed home this year moreso than ever, it's always been a joke with them, but this year was the worst of all. Deception was the name of the game this year, with certain sale items literally being moved to the back into storage until after BF was over (not talking TVs and computers here.... I'm talking movies and fucking trash cans.... seriously), items at MSRP being included (and making up probably half) with the Black Friday displays, and managers telling staff to refuse ANY refunds for items purchased this weekend.

I don't know if every store was like this, but from the stories I've heard it's very apparent this was far more than an isolated incident so I smell corporate's shitty handprints all over this. Couple that with the sheer volume of cancellations on online orders (seriously, did they sell a single copy of that $10 Aladdin they advertised so heavily?) and this was a new low, even for Wal-Mart. If it weren't for that damn amiibo I could've avoided them altogether.

OP's post is a perfect example of this.... EVERY single movie listed was moved into the back until today. When asked about it employees were ordered to say they were sold out.

Never again.
Nothing like a crazed rant and then checking and seeing Aladdin is 10.53 on their website currently. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aladdin-Diamond-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Widescreen/45419945

Last edited:
Nothing like throwing around blind accusations and linking to a single OoS item!

Show me where the OP's movies are IN STOCK at the prices listed then we'll talk. Otherwise maybe you should get off my back and STFU, hmm?
Maybe if you got there when it was live, you'd be more sane.

Maybe if you got there when it was live, you'd be more sane.
How does that even make sense? And explain to me why this link was even live to begin with when so many of us had orders cancelled? Why wasn't this miraculous new stock used to fill the orders we made less than a week ago? They've had no problems sitting on my amiibo orders for weeks (or in one case even months), ignoring my requests to cancel, then shipping it out at some random time when they are good and ready. Suddenly holding an order for a few days is too hard for them?

At best this is severe incompetence on Wal-Mart's part, and not nearly the first time something like this has happened. But given all the shit they've pulled lately there shouldn't be any question that they are just a horrible company.

Last edited:
Show me where the OP's movies are IN STOCK at the prices listed then we'll talk.
We are in the midst of the biggest retail shopping week of the year, surely you don't expect the prices (which were primarily BF and CM deals) to last forever and retailers to have infinite stock?
Im really not trying to be rude but at this point it's sounding like a pouty child who's mad because you didn't get the same toy your classmate did.
I spent a good part of the day on Monday trying to place a Target.com order. The site kept timing out, which was obviously due to Cyber Monday and their 15% off promo, I was finally able to place my order in the evening but the next day I got an order cancellation from them, they even sent a $10 gift card. But even if I didn't get the gift card I would've just shrugged my shoulders and chalked it up to the aforementioned obvious busy shopping season. There will be other deals, I'm not a cancer patient ordering life saving medication - life will go on, really not something to get so worked up about. I get that retail transactions can be frustrating and I hate throwing around cliches but it really is first world problems. I'll never stop being astonished at our countries sense of entitlement which is just amplified on the Internet.

We are in the midst of the biggest retail shopping week of the year, surely you don't expect the prices (which were primarily BF and CM deals) to last forever and retailers to have infinite stock?
Im really not trying to be rude but at this point it's sounding like a pouty child who's mad because you didn't get the same toy your classmate did.
I spent a good part of the day on Monday trying to place a Target.com order. The site kept timing out, which was obviously due to Cyber Monday and their 15% off promo, I was finally able to place my order in the evening but the next day I got an order cancellation from them, they even sent a $10 gift card. But even if I didn't get the gift card I would've just shrugged my shoulders and chalked it up to the aforementioned obvious busy shopping season. There will be other deals, I'm not a cancer patient ordering life saving medication - life will go on, really not something to get so worked up about. I get that retail transactions can be frustrating and I hate throwing around cliches but it really is first world problems. I'll never stop being astonished at our countries sense of entitlement which is just amplified on the Internet.
Of course I don't expect them to last, but at the same time I don't expect throwing up an OoS link to be seen as a valid argument either.

Nice assumptions there btw. Aside from Mad Max (which I have 0 interest in) and Aladdin (which I just got from Amazon) I already own all the movies in OP's link and everything I had interest in seeing that they listed in their ad. I'm not "pouting" about anything, I'm voicing dissatisfaction on a shitty retailer on a consumer-based website. As has been said by a thousand others here before, if people aren't going to share thoughts and experiences here, it might as well be a blog, not a forum.

Even then I held my tongue though. I didn't mention the shit I didn't experience, like how they replied back to complaints others made offering customers the chance to order these products at 10% off their normal price a day or two later..... far, far above the price they were when the initial order was cancelled.

It's not about getting the cancellation by itself. Did you not read anything else I wrote about the experience? It's all of that together..... and yes, if they were going to repost the deal less than a week later, I'd expect my order to be held and fulfilled when the new stock came in..... like I said in the post right above, they've certainly haven't had a problem doing that for anything I paid MSRP on even when I wanted to cancel.

1st world problems are still problems. Wal-Mart shouldn't get a free pass on their bullshit just because they aren't infecting flaming puppies with AIDS to feed to a bunch of orphans. When people quit talking and just silently take the BS, that's when they've won. Besides, if you are anything like me, you take note of these kinds of stories and, if there's enough of them, you know what retailer to avoid wasting time with next year.

Last edited:
Was the movie he linked to OOS when he posted the link? Even so, his point was comparable deals were still floating out there.

I was not making any assumptions I was originally speaking generally about the "widespread" pulling of movies/deals by Walmart.

If anything you are presuming that online orders, especially during this busy time of year, are going to go without a hitch (see my Target story from earlier). Systems are flawed, inventories can be in constant flux, etc. Yes it's possible that there could've been some shenanigans going on but it's also possible flooded servers caused problems with orders, inventories. Behind these massive, sometimes flawed systems are flawed humans.

Yes they are still "problems" but don't forget the "first world" part because what you are describing fits the cliche to a T.

You surely aren't giving Walmart a "free pass", though I am not sure what the penalty is other than a good "dressing down" on a forum. Compared to the sale prices the 10% off retail isn't much of a deal but they didn't have to offer you anything at all.

I guess I am nothing like you because as I mentioned earlier, if I miss out on a deal I just shrug my shoulders, move on and acknowledge there will be others deals down the line.

Yes Walmart can suck but I've also had crappy experiences with ignorant employees at other retailers. I don't let one bad experience deter me from trying to get a deal. One post or a couple of threads worth of people complaining on a message board (which brings me back to the point of the Walmart pulling movies to the back not being a widespread problem) isn't going to lead a revolution against Walmart or any other big retailer, you're not be trampled on. If anything the only kind of results you are going to get is on a personal level, complaining to a manager, getting a discount, etc. but that's not a guarantee and there's, apparently, less of a guarantee you will like what they offer.

I never got a memo or was made to pull movies or games to hold for BFday (unless a uninformed/ uncaring associate put a street date box out on the racks)

in fact I was only once suggested by an anderson associate that i might want to pull an title because my store wasn't getting an "adequate" amount of the title, translation: we were getting X copies while other stores were getting way way more, to which i said i won't be puling them which resulted in the associate laughing saying along the lines they don't have to deal with any upset customers.

I don't think it's a corporate mandate to have stores pull movies, more like a few overzealous managers trying to bump their numbers for BF sale time reports.  As for the garbage cans being hidden the only thing i can think of is theft deterrent.

This was my first year running in to any problems with buying movies:

first i tried to add a gift card i had to my .com account to use during the midnight madness thanksgiving sale when i was told by .com associate that they disabled .com gift card redemption for an undisclosed amount of time (wait WHAT THE HELL).  then i tried to do the midnight madness sale with no luck (didnt even made it to cancellation)

finally, I went instore(sadly not mine) around 11am thursday grabbed Cinderella, Aladdin (last copy), & Furious 7 blu's off the shelf and I was going to cash at the electronics counter(store doesn't have a self check-out) but there was a mob waiting so i went to the front.

The sale went smoothly until the cashier noticed the movies were ringing up as she put it "30% off" to which I stupidly said something involving the word "sale" which freaked her out and she started to go take the bag away saying "we cant sell items from the BF displays" before I could tell her I "got the items from the non BF displays as my movies didnt have a colored PROMO sticker on them".  Luckily she relented allowing the sale to go through.

I wish someone would close this thread now that the deal is done. WIth that said...

Thanks OP, never would have known about this if you had not made this post. Went to my main Walmart and absolutely nada. Went to the other Walmart in town and hit the jackpot. Grabbed everything you listed plus Godzilla for 6.96, and Insurgent for 9.96. Despicable me 2 was 9.96, and 300 and Jupiter Ascending were both 6.96. Turned out to be a great trip, 14 3D movies for $115.
Im glad this thread helped at least one person. After I scored this was the first place I thought to post as I have found many great deals here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back