Gamestop: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots $0.99 (Used)

It's been this price for a while now (a couple of weeks at least?).  Great price on a great game though.  And the stock at my local GameStops has been plentiful enough that it wasn't even hard to find a complete, pristine Black Label copy.

I'll definitely grab this since I'm starting the whole series soon. MGS1 on Vita, MGS 2&3 Vita, then 4 on PS3. It'll feel weird playing it on a console for sure lol

This is the trophy version?  Can I use my old saves from the non-trophy version?

For  0.99 for an upgrade and possible an extra case sounds good to me, already reserved a copy.

The b2g1 used finished yesterday right? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the trophy version? Can I use my old saves from the non-trophy version?

For 0.99 for an upgrade and possible an extra case sounds good to me, already reserved a copy.

The b2g1 used finished yesterday right? TIA
Every version has trophies. You just need to install the latest patch.

I believe you can use old saves to unlock some trophies, but only on New game+

EDIT: nvm. Did a quick google and it looks like you have to start a new save if you want trophies.

Every version has trophies. You just need to install the latest patch.

I believe you can use old saves to unlock some trophies, but only on New game+

EDIT: nvm. Did a quick google and it looks like you have to start a new save if you want trophies.
That explains why I never had them pop up, I will keep my orig copy and my dollar for something else, thanks!

Thanks OP.  I am reserving one at my local gamestop.  Been wanting to play this one for some time now.  Surprised it never went up as a PS+ game.  Price is right though, so I'm in.

recently played 1-4 this last year. Couldnt open 5 since 1-4 IMO gives a good conclusion to the series, and I couldnt see myself going back in time again. MGS4 is great, and for 99 cents if you dont own this game you MUST pick it up. However, definitely don't just play 4 as it will make no sense whatsoever. 

Prices like this are the reason I'm still on the PS360 gen. My backlog will last a good two years before I run out of games I haven't had time for.

recently played 1-4 this last year. Couldnt open 5 since 1-4 IMO gives a good conclusion to the series, and I couldnt see myself going back in time again. MGS4 is great, and for 99 cents if you dont own this game you MUST pick it up. However, definitely don't just play 4 as it will make no sense whatsoever.
I've played 1 and 2. Not 3 though. Will I need to play 3 first before playing 4?

I agree. Although I never understood anything of the story, if you don't have the desire or don't care to play all of the MGS games (like me), you can still have a lot of fun with this one, especially for the price!

Thanks OP. Was marked $4.XX in store rung up at .99 cents. My last gen collection is growing pretty quickly with all these cheap games from Gamestop.

I've played 1 and 2. Not 3 though. Will I need to play 3 first before playing 4?
You wouldn't be as lost, and could probably understand most of it, but I would still say play 3 first. I know its difficult to have to play a different one first lol but at least youll get to experience 3 which many consider to be arguably the best of the series.

didnt know gamestop still sold movies

f40b8d7ebbbb895303ad8354292b26cd.jpg

I was wondering when somebody would post about this, it's been a few weeks since the price dropped lol. Long story short I picked up a complete copy no too long ago.

Seeing as its free shipping on this in my cart atm, would it better to do store pickup in hopes of getting pos a case/manual or should I order it online?

bread's done
Back