Aladdin Diamond Edition $13.18 Amazon

It was $9.98 at Walmart for Black Friday.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They can advertise $9.98 for Aladdin all they want, but it doesn't mean shit if they cancel virtually every online order placed, and move the store's stock to the back until their BF sale is over.

Couple that with the fact that (assuming you have Prime and choose no rush delivery) this comes with $6 off with Prime Pantry and I'd say it's much better than dealing with the joke named Wal-mart on BF.

Last edited:
It wasn't $9.98 in store was it? I think I might bite this.
It was, but I know the local Walmart moved it and a bunch of other blu rays (and other merch) to the back before BF started and told people they were OoS. I know all the stores pull that nonsense with their TV's and computers and such, but this is the first time I've ever heard of them doing it for a fucking $10 discount on a movie.

It was also available online, but naturally orders were cancelled left and right. There was actually a small thread about it on Slickdeals lol, nobody who posted ever had an order go through.

Obviously every store is different but AFAIK anybody who didn't go in ahead of time and hide a copy somewhere was pretty much SoL.

At any rate, that "sale" is over now.

Last edited:
It was, but I know the local Walmart moved it and a bunch of other blu rays (and other merch) to the back before BF started and told people they were OoS. I know all the stores pull that nonsense with their TV's and computers and such, but this is the first time I've ever heard of them doing it for a fucking $10 discount on a movie.

It was also available online, but naturally orders were cancelled left and right. There was actually a small thread about it on Slickdeals lol, nobody who posted ever had an order go through.

Obviously every store is different but AFAIK anybody who didn't go in ahead of time and hide a copy somewhere was pretty much SoL.

At any rate, that "sale" is over now.
I had no problem picking up a copy at WM Thurs night just after 6pm, there were none in the cardboard BF racks, so I went and found one with the normal movies. Big stack just sitting there. Even went back in around 1am the same night, still had a lot left. Of course none of them had slipcovers. That's pretty crappy if your store put all the stock in the back, if I had known people were looking I would have grabbed some extra copies later that night.

But yeah for those who missed out at Walmart, this is a decent second chance, certainly better than Best Buy's $19.99 price over the weekend, thanks for posting OP.

I had no problem picking up a copy at WM Thurs night just after 6pm, there were none in the cardboard BF racks, so I went and found one with the normal movies. Big stack just sitting there. Even went back in around 1am the same night, still had a lot left. Of course none of them had slipcovers. That's pretty crappy if your store put all the stock in the back, if I had known people were looking I would have grabbed some extra copies later that night.

But yeah for those who missed out at Walmart, this is a decent second chance, certainly better than Best Buy's $19.99 price over the weekend, thanks for posting OP.
First success story I heard for this movie, glad somebody somewhere got one.

And yeah, that was pretty crappy, but what really gets me is the shady shit they pulled after that. I'd guess that half the BF displays were full of stuff that wasn't on sale at all. I first noticed when I saw they had a stack of Age of Ultron and the Star Wars Blu Ray collection on the Black Friday displays. At first I thought some kid moved them there or something, but I saw employees putting them back there as people left them at the scanners.

Plenty of other shady shit too such as mispriced merch, and that store refusing to refund the trashcan I bought like a moron when I failed to notice the bait and switch because "they can't refund Black Friday purchases". So much bullshit. Wal-Mart is the nearest grocery store near me and I really can't cut them out completely but I've had too many issues with online and site to store orders from them, and now this nonsense, to shop there seriously again for a long time.

Last edited:
Got it. Great deal!

I hear everyone re Walmart. Product not in the right place, crazy lines, employees acting like they don't want the be there, the place is a shithole

Got it! Saw on Slickdeal

Really lookin fwd to pickin up only classic Blu-rays now hat I have PS4

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They can advertise $9.98 for Aladdin all they want, but it doesn't mean shit if they cancel virtually every online order placed, and move the store's stock to the back until their BF sale is over.

Couple that with the fact that (assuming you have Prime and choose no rush delivery) this comes with $6 off with Prime Pantry and I'd say it's much better than dealing with the joke named Wal-mart on BF.
I'm not trying to be snarky, but why does the Prime Pantry credit matter? Since you have to pay $5.99 shipping anyway, all it does is remove the shipping cost, and from what I've seen, the Prime Pantry prices aren't that great to begin with. As such, I'm asking because I've been sitting on Pantry credit and can't find anything worthwhile to use it on.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but why does the Prime Pantry credit matter? Since you have to pay $5.99 shipping anyway, all it does is remove the shipping cost, and from what I've seen, the Prime Pantry prices aren't that great to begin with. As such, I'm asking because I've been sitting on Pantry credit and can't find anything worthwhile to use it on.
Every blue moon or so they'll have some good deals (usually through their digital coupons). To be honest I have only used it a few times to stock up on cleaning supplies and jell-o.

I did forget these credits expire fairly quickly though so all that may be a moot point, in that case you are right, aside from maybe the toothpaste I'm not seeing any worthwhile coupons now. They DID have some good deals on some cleaning supplies a few days ago which I didn't jump on because I was out of credit, but it seems those are dead now :cry:

I do see one deal they have going on though if you had your eye on a $125 toothbrush lol, buy 3 Pantry products and get 50% off the toothbrush.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pantry/info/cybermondaydeal?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=14c0abf6979611e5b619267225ee24320001

Last edited:
I got a copy from Walmart on Thursday night. I believe there was a few copies in the BF cardboard setup when I picked mine up.

Every time I've gone to Walmart for BF sales when it comes to movies/games if it doesn't have the PROMO sticker on it they won't honor the price out the ad. And I have known Walmart to get short runs when it comes to the most desirable movies/games. I'm talking like 2 copiea total of something mixed into the bin.

Yeah, when I went on Thursday at noon, they had a whole bunch of Aladdin in the regular section in at least 3 different places on the shelves.  Maybe they didn't get the memo.

I made sure to huge self checkout in case someone wanted to hassle me.  Got scared for a second when it needed an employee to validate something but it was just because one of the movies was rated R and it was an age check.

So the 5 movies I got early was basically my F you to Walmart for keeping me up late with their website nonsense.

I got a copy from Walmart on Thursday night. I believe there was a few copies in the BF cardboard setup when I picked mine up.

Every time I've gone to Walmart for BF sales when it comes to movies/games if it doesn't have the PROMO sticker on it they won't honor the price out the ad. And I have known Walmart to get short runs when it comes to the most desirable movies/games. I'm talking like 2 copiea total of something mixed into the bin.
My experience a couple of years ago as well. I thought at first it was just our stores employees being asshats but I've learned this year.....

Last edited:
I remember it sold out instantly on Black Friday at Walmart's website, but friday night I went in store to see if I could find a copy buried in a returns cart where they pile all the blu rays laying around the store or ditched by people at checkout time. No need, the copies on the normal shelves in the movies section were untouched. I counted over a dozen copies lol

I remember it sold out instantly on Black Friday at Walmart's website, but friday night I went in store to see if I could find a copy buried in a returns cart where they pile all the blu rays laying around the store or ditched by people at checkout time. No need, the copies on the normal shelves in the movies section were untouched. I counted over a dozen copies lol
That's what I do but the Wal-Mart near me has a shitty electronics section...their movie selection is horrendous and has a smaller section opposed to most supercenters. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't carry so many damn DVDs still as it's probably 60/40 so about the only things that are always there are newest releases and some other stragglers.

That's what I do but the Wal-Mart near me has a shitty electronics section...their movie selection is horrendous and has a smaller section opposed to most supercenters. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't carry so many damn DVDs still as it's probably 60/40 so about the only things that are always there are newest releases and some other stragglers.
i honestly still havent figured out why stores still sell as many dvds as they do and havent clearanced most out by now since blu rays been out for years and years now and blu ray players can be gotten cheaply now.

i honestly still havent figured out why stores still sell as many dvds as they do and havent clearanced most out by now since blu rays been out for years and years now and blu ray players can be gotten cheaply now.
Most people consider DVDs to be good enough, they sell more now than they ever have, and they cost a lot less than Blu-rays. People love that you can buy a DVD for like, 5 bucks.

Most people consider DVDs to be good enough, they sell more now than they ever have, and they cost a lot less than Blu-rays. People love that you can buy a DVD for like, 5 bucks.

DVDs don't need you to download firmwares or connect to the internet.
all of this.

also dvds have resume playback universally whereas blu rays do it on a disc by disc basis.

for petes sake some folks dont even have an HD TV(which can be had for 150 or less on sales) so there is that too....blu rays on a standard TV = terrible....remember the uproar over ps4 and xbox one not supporting standard AV outputs?

even VHS DVD combo pack players seem more expensive than they used to be.

bread's done
Back