- - - - -

Gamestop Skylanders Day December 5th 2015

Gamestop Skylanders skylanders day Supercharger superchargers Activision Nintendo Sony microsoft trap team

#31 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

Has anyone ever returned an item that they used a rewards voucher on? I redeemed a $25 voucher with points and want to return an item. Is that $25 just forgotten?

Most places, yes. Check the fine print to be sure.

BTW, sale prices are live online, but no mention of free older starter sets. That might be in-store only.

#32 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:15 AM

Most places, yes. Check the fine print to be sure.

BTW, sale prices are live online, but no mention of free older starter sets. That might be in-store only.

Free older starter sets is working, just got Trap Team free with Superchargers. No Nightfall on the website yet though.

#33 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

Ordered a Superchargers Starter and got a Trap Team Starter free. Also did B1G1 on drivers. Wanted Nightfall, but didn't want to wait around all night for it to go live.

You probably shouldn't order any figures you want to stay sealed from GameStop. Every time I ordered figures from them, even Trap Masters, 3-packs, or more than 6 figures at once, they somehow just stuff them all in an unpadded thin plastic envelope, almost like a sack. The employees probably give it a good stomp before giving it to UPS as well since it always seems like someone dropped something heavy on it.

#34 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10004 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:36 AM

Also the older figures seem to be mostly shipped from stores and likely won't be sealed. I ordered a bunch of new figures from Giants and Swap Force plus some of the Giants battle sets and every single one was either loose from the packaging or re stapled although I guess that is mostly Activision's fault for using such weak packaging.

#35 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

The flyer specifically states that the Dark Editions do not qualify for the Buy a supercharger starter pack and get any older starter for free yet the website advertises the deal on the dark editions and lets you add a free game to the cart.

#36 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

The flyer specifically states that the Dark Editions do not qualify for the Buy a supercharger starter pack and get any older starter for free yet the website advertises the deal on the dark editions and lets you add a free game to the cart.

I got a Dark Edition and Trap Team Starter Set for free just now along with two vehicles. Mixed and matched with TRU with their deal (and my Amex 5 off 25 deal) to get two characters and a vehicle. Kind of an impulse buy, but I can always return them later.

Gamestop:
Dark Edition WiiU
Trap Team WiiU (free)

Dive Bomber Vehicle
Jet Stream Vehicle (free)

TRU:
Stealth Stinger Vehicle (free)
Dive Clops character
Legendary Jet Vac character

#37 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

I must be missing something. Gamestop has my attention

But sir, does Gamestop have your curiosity?

#38 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

I wish they had Nightfall online.  Looks like I'm going to have to try my luck at the store.

#39 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2959 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

I think the flyer officially states that the freebie can't be a dark edition; at least that's how I interpreted it.

#40 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

I think the flyer officially states that the freebie can't be a dark edition; at least that's how I interpreted it.

That is why I mention it. It works online with the dark edition.

#41 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2959 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

That is why I mention it. It works online with the dark edition.

I hope it works in store too. :) I'll be finding out in a few hours.

#42 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

Best/most fun characters and vehicles??

I want Nightfall w/ Sea Shadow. probably the helicopter. and I think Stormblade looks cool. 

Anything else?

#43 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

Picked up Nightfall, Stormblade, and their supercharged vehicles.  Good deal.

#44 JoePianist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

JoePianist

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Any word if these deals also work in-store?

#45 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Any word if these deals also work in-store?

I sure hope so because I'm about to walk out the door to buy some.

#46 Acash  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

In Store too with the dark edition and get the older edition free

#47 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2959 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

Yup, seconded

#48 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

Same here. I ordered it online in-store, but the freebie was a regular edition. Can anyone confirm getting a dark edition for the freebie?

Also, for Amiibo fans, several Ikes were still available.

#49 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

I only planned on getting a couple characters but ended up getting 6 (and 2 vehicles) along with the 2 starter packs. Got it all for $84 after a $15 coupon. Nice deal.

#50 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

I only planned on getting a couple characters but ended up getting 6 (and 2 vehicles) along with the 2 starter packs. Got it all for $84 after a $15 coupon. Nice deal.

Which ones did you decide to go with? 

#51 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

I only want the amiibo skylanders. Too bad the games say not for resale so you can't trade them to amazon. I went ahead and got the wii u version for donkey kong. Debating on the $60 for the dark edition. It looks like gamestop doesn't accept these for trade.

#52 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

Got Nightfall and Splat, but can't find Bone Bash Roller Brawl, or her Tomb Buggy. Hope it's not another Krypt King situation, as she's been one of my favorites since Swap Force, and one of the few who remained useful even after the nerfing in Trap Team.

#53 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

Went to 4 different game stops.

Not one Nightfall.

#54 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

Got Nightfall and Splat, but can't find Bone Bash Roller Brawl, or her Tomb Buggy. Hope it's not another Krypt King situation, as she's been one of my favorites since Swap Force, and one of the few who remained useful even after the nerfing in Trap Team.

Is Roller Brawl even out?

#55 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

Is Roller Brawl even out?

I thought this was the last wave.

#56 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

Which ones did you decide to go with? 

Starter packs were PS4 versions of Superchargers + Trap Team.

Characters: High Volt, Shark Shooter, Stormblade, Splat, Nightfall, and Missile-Tow Dive Clops. 

Vehicles: Sea Shadow and Stealth Stinger.

#57 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4457 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Well
Trigger Happy, Astro (Non Legend), Roller Brawl, and Thrillipede are not released yet in any form.

Neither have most of their vehciles.

#58 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

It's not, there's one or two more waves.

#59 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

Went to 4 different game stops.
Not one Nightfall.

I went to one and it two. Once I figured out that you have to match each with their own specific car I put everything back. DK and Bowsers good enough

#60 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

Well
Trigger Happy, Astro (Non Legend), Roller Brawl, and Thrillipede are not released yet in any form.

Neither have most of their vehciles.

That would explain why no one had her. I'm wondering about the Stealth Stinger. Since it's a helicopter, does that mean it can hover and do things the fixed wing craft can't?