- - - - -

Gamestop Skylanders Day December 5th 2015

Gamestop Skylanders skylanders day Supercharger superchargers Activision Nintendo Sony microsoft trap team

#61 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

I went to one and it two. Once I figured out that you have to match each with their own specific car I put everything back. DK and Bowsers good enough

They can use ANY Vehicle, but if they use their own they get a bonus.

Nightfall uses Aquatic, so she's worth it if you want to 100%

Also, why isn't my system warning me about spelling and grammar mistakes on CAG anymore?

#62 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1922 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

I went to one and it two. Once I figured out that you have to match each with their own specific car I put everything back. DK and Bowsers good enough

You just need one of each vehicle. The Supercharging gives you an advantage, but isn't a necessity. That being said, I'm finding it hard to be satisfied having a figure without the corresponding vehicle. Then there's cool vehicles (like Sky Slicer) with lame figures (Stormblade, whose in-game abilities are awesome, but looks like something out of a pre-school storybook), or vice-versa, such as Fiesta, a cool looking Day of the Dead (Mexican holiday, not Romero film) inspired figure, has a vehicle is on the wrong side of the line between clever and stupid. 

#63 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

You just need one of each vehicle. The Supercharging gives you an advantage, but isn't a necessity. That being said, I'm finding it hard to be satisfied having a figure without the corresponding vehicle. Then there's cool vehicles (like Sky Slicer) with lame figures (Stormblade, whose in-game abilities are awesome, but looks like something out of a pre-school storybook), or vice-versa, such as Fiesta, a cool looking Day of the Dead (Mexican holiday, not Romero film) inspired figure, has a vehicle is on the wrong side of the line between clever and stupid. 

It's odd, I really like the vehicles and their sections.. yet Game Informer complained wait to much about the Vehcile inclusion.

While I don't always like the Super Charged Asthetic, I love playing a char and their vehicle.

Also, Splat is adorable.

#64 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

They can use ANY Vehicle, but if they use their own they get a bonus.
Nightfall uses Aquatic, so she's worth it if you want to 100%

I've got the wiiu and 3ds starters as well as the aqua race set from GameStop and the tru exclusive flying race set thing. I think that's all I need besides more people/their cars for challenges.

#65 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

I've got the wiiu and 3ds starters as well as the aqua race set from GameStop and the tru exclusive flying race set thing. I think that's all I need besides more people/their cars for challenges.

There is also a vehicle elemental bonus.

#66 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

There is also a vehicle elemental bonus.

Ehh. I went back and got 6 characters and their vehicles. Hopefully I get 2 coupons for free ones. (I also forgot to use a $75 gift card earlier) The club card I got has swap force info on it .__.

#67 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:03 AM

They finally added Nightfall, in stock, on the website.

#68 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1922 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:15 AM

Wanted to get the Splatter Splasher, but the clerk looked it up, and GS doesn't carry it; a competitor (TRU) has exclusivity on it.

#69 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6222 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:19 AM

You can order Nighfall + one other (I went with High Volt) on the website and get free value shipping since subtotal is just over $25 :)

Deal is still live as of a few minutes ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gamestop, Skylanders, skylanders day, Supercharger, superchargers, Activision, Nintendo, Sony, microsoft, trap team