* * * - - 2 votes

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Gwent Card Bundle @ gamestop.com $14.99

witcher xbox ps4 collectible

#61 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

Going to check on the way home... Thanks. Not worth the $3.99 shipping charge online.

I threw a Han Solo Disney infinity figure into my cart to put me over the $25 min for free shipping. Planning on returning Han to my local store when the order arrives.

#62 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

not even close to buried it on page 2

Does that mean people are going to sacrifice op and post bad memes now?

#63 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Thank you kind sir

#64 GuitarMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

GuitarMan

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

Has anyone been able to get the $14.99 price to work on the XBO deck, in store?

The first time I went in it rang up and I paid the $14.99+tax for it but when I later checked the receipt, there was no DLC code.  So I went back in and the clerk said that there was no XBO Dlc associated with it, so I just returned it.

Found out that there was, and that both bar codes had to be scanned for the DLC to print on the receipt, but when both bar codes are scanned it rings up as $19.99+tax ($10 for the deck and $9.99 for the DLC).  They said, there was no way for them to do anything about the price.

Is the $14.99 price only available online?

#65 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:11 AM

Can they ship this to store or something? Gamestop shipping charge in addition to tax kind of kills it for me.

#66 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

I got mine from UPS today, and I'm surprised at just how solid the packaging is. I figured it was in a flimsy box.

#67 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:19 AM

Can they ship this to store or something? Gamestop shipping charge in addition to tax kind of kills it for me.

Do any stores not have this still?  Most seem to be well stocked.

#68 Markew001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:52 AM

Every store around me says "In Stock" yet it won't give me a store pick-up option. 

#69 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for telling us on Saturday. You're a real asset to the community...P

+1

Smh

Every store around me says "In Stock" yet it won't give me a store pick-up option.

+1...

#70 Danil ACE   Agent 47 CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

Has anyone been able to get the $14.99 price to work on the XBO deck, in store?

The first time I went in it rang up and I paid the $14.99+tax for it but when I later checked the receipt, there was no DLC code.  So I went back in and the clerk said that there was no XBO Dlc associated with it, so I just returned it.

Found out that there was, and that both bar codes had to be scanned for the DLC to print on the receipt, but when both bar codes are scanned it rings up as $19.99+tax ($10 for the deck and $9.99 for the DLC).  They said, there was no way for them to do anything about the price.

Is the $14.99 price only available online?

Yes I was able to get the $15+tax price in store. It was ringing up as $20+tax originally, showing a $5 discount already applied. The cashier manually changed the discount from $5 to $10 and it worked. Definitely not automatic though.

#71 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13142 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Did anyone try returning their $19.99 bundle and rebuying? 

#72 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14280 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

You bought the XB1 version, which has a weird quirk. It has two codes that have to be scanned so you get both the cards & the DLC code. When done properly (before this sale) your receipt would have each item at around $10 each & a XB1 code for the DLC at bottom of receipt. PS4 version has a code in the box.

Just beware of this when buying the XB1 version.

For the person above who was having issues in store; can't multiquote on mobile.

#73 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14280 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

Do any stores not have this still? Most seem to be well stocked.

I think stores got them right around when Battlefront came out, which was a few days after they were available online.

#74 JUSTSULTAN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

JUSTSULTAN

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

I figured with the $15 ps4 price, this was as good a time as any other to jump back into the W3. I haven't touched it since plating it months back and was surprised to see 17.6 gigs of updates come my way even after installing HOS. I'm not complaining, just figured my auto downloads would have installed all updates. Anyhow, big ups to OP and I can't wait to turn my son onto gwent!

#75 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:52 AM

why doesn't this have a pick up option on the web site?

#76 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

why doesn't this have a pick up option on the web site?

Don't know.  It was there the other day but they've since removed it.

#77 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

I went to the gamestop last night in Airport Road in Allentown, PA.

I told the guy I wanted the XBone version. He brings it back, rings up $9.99. That is with the Gwent Set and the DLC. I think I got the last bundle but still, I was surprised because I would have paid the $15 for it.

Don't know if that is a glitch or what, but either way came out to $9.99 + tax.

#78 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

I told the guy I wanted the XBone version. He brings it back, rings up $9.99. That is with the Gwent Set and the DLC. I think I got the last bundle but still, I was surprised because I would have paid the $15 for it.

It's because there's two barcodes and if they don't scan both you only get charged for one portion of it with the XB1 one.  Hopefully he scanned the DLC barcode so that's not worthless.

#79 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

i would double check your receipt. if it rung up right the dlc should be on your receipt. 

#80 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

It's because there's two barcodes and if they don't scan both you only get charged for one portion of it with the XB1 one.  Hopefully he scanned the DLC barcode so that's not worthless.

i would double check your receipt. if it rung up right the dlc should be on your receipt. 

The DLC was on the receipt and worked, I redeemed it before writing the post.

Besides I wanted the DLC pack more so for the Gwent set. I had no problem paying $10 for that alone as I had plans to buy the season pass when I got around to actually wanting to play and finish W3.

#81 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

The DLC was on the receipt and worked, I redeemed it before writing the post.

Besides I wanted the DLC pack more so for the Gwent set. I had no problem paying $10 for that alone.

Then a winner is you!

#82 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Then a winner is you!

Thanks, I checked it right after he printed out my receipt and the code was there because I did a double take myself. Got lucky I guess.

#83 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

Every store I have gone to either doesn't have an Xbone set or claims that the card/expansion bundle is PS4 only. wish that I could search by store but I haven't seen that option available for the duration that this deal has been live.

#84 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

Why has no one tried the $5 Kongregate coupon on this yet?  Don't want to bother trying to return and rebuy the PS4 one if it's a waste of time.

#85 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2970 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

Tried it with the PS4 version and the $5 coupon, works perfectly, wasn't even charged tax since I payed with trade credit.

#86 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

Why has no one tried the $5 Kongregate coupon on this yet? Don't want to bother trying to return and rebuy the PS4 one if it's a waste of time.

I got the Kongregate coupon from the app right before going to the most recent GS with the intention of using it but no Xbone copies. There is one more close GS that I guess I could try tonight still.

#87 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Tried it with the PS4 version and the $5 coupon, works perfectly, wasn't even charged tax since I payed with trade credit.

pretty sure you weren't charged tax because it counts as a digital item.

#88 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

I got the Kongregate coupon from the app right before going to the most recent GS with the intention of using it but no Xbone copies. There is one more close GS that I guess I could try tonight still.

Worked on my PS4 copy at least.  :D/

#89 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

Went to a local GS where they had some in stock. Employee said they don't price match the website? Did any of you who bought in-store have it come up as 14.99? I'm referring to the xbox one version where both codes have to be scanned.

EDIT: Nevermind. No chance of getting a manual override from this particular employee and apparently it doesn't pop as 14.99 automatically. They really don't price match the website? Between that and the minimum purchase for free shipping, I don't understand how people shop with them. Also, I wanted to get one for myself and one for my brother for christmas, but alas, you can only buy one at a time. I'd have to do two separate orders with $25 minimums.

#90 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

They do not.  The PS4 version came up $15 last night but I didn't try the XB1 version and I'm not sure anyone specifically mentioned that's what they got without getting an employee error where they just charged them for the DLC.  May be why they took the store locator for the XB1 version off the website.