New Duck Tales Remastered PS3 for $2 @ GameStop B&M YMMV

Lol, I remember when these first came out and people on CAG were saying how it's going to be a rare collectors item and people were buying multiples.

How many days can GS hold an item for instore pickup? I have one instock but can't go to the store until Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best platforming games I have ever played. Must have and at 2$ its a no brainer. Plus that theme song once it gets in that head of yours it will never leave!

55fc6be01a9613d58fb1e2ab6060a73928b55d15e88775d8304a7194a4a16856.jpg

There ARE disc versions of this for ps3 too. I think those are fairly uncommon. All used copies are obviously disc copies.
I can't remember how many times I've seen the 'first hunt' demo of Metroid Prime Hunters sold as the full game. They also won't tell you if they're giving you a different region version (yea yea it still works on region free consoles but if I want the DLC (another side note, makes sense they don't care about you buying DLC, but #powertotheplayers and whatnot) I don't want to make foreign accounts for dlc)

Edit I just realized it'd be a disc one because they'd have to see a disc to take it in lol, too ready to complain about gamestop.

Then again almost couldn't trade in Vagrant Story because it said multi-disc and the second disc is just demos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you OP. I bought one today.

Lol, I remember when these first came out and people on CAG were saying how it's going to be a rare collectors item and people were buying multiples.
I remember that. I'm glad I only bought one back then. It's still sitting here sealed because I bought it on XBLA and I bought the 360 disc as well. I'll have to put the pin on something. At least if I lose it, it was only $1.97.

In theory, this sounded like a good deal. Went to pick up a copy today, but wasn't even worth the $2 bucks. It wasn't factory sealed (no biggie for the price), though they had one of those circular stickers that prevented you from opening the case. Unfortunately, upon getting home, I found that some idiot put the pin through the downloadable code paper, and wouldn't you know it--the puncture hole is right through two of the numbers, making it near indecipherable to redeem. Case is sticky as hell too, but that's to be expected from Gameslop. 

I put a hold order on one yesterday morning, and received the hold confirmation.  I went there after work, only to find out they only have one copy, which has been on hold since the previous day for someone else.  An employee working an earlier shift "did something he wasnt supposed to do" (?) and confirmed my hold when he shouldnt have.  As I leave the store empty handed, the manager says in a very arrogant sounding voice loud enough for me to hear "the code inside is probably expired is why it's so cheap".

Go Gamestop!

I put a hold order on one yesterday morning, and received the hold confirmation. I went there after work, only to find out they only have one copy, which has been on hold since the previous day for someone else. An employee working an earlier shift "did something he wasnt supposed to do" (?) and confirmed my hold when he shouldnt have. As I leave the store empty handed, the manager says in a very arrogant sounding voice loud enough for me to hear "the code inside is probably expired is why it's so cheap".

Go Gamestop!
in that situation and since it was there mistake and you already drove there I would of told them to ring it up since you got the email it was ready and made the drive and was the first one to show up and let them explain to the other customer why they are the empty handed one not you.

So I place a hold order for DuckTales and get a confirmation email that it's ready to pick up. Then the guy calls me about 10 minutes later to say he hit that key by mistake and they really don't have it. That sounds to me like he decided to keep it for himself. :whistle2:(

Was able to place a hold request online and pick it up the next day, today without a hitch. Employee thought it was still $19.99 as tagged but was surprised when it rang up for just over two bucks with tax. Thanks OP

I bought it for $5 a few months ago, but I didn't remember seeing that many copies in the various GS near me, but now there are, must be a restock.

I bought one back when they first came out too, but I opened and used my code, so I wouldn't mind having a second one sealed for that price. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back