* * * * * 2 votes

Meijer Double Trade in Value Video Games 12/06-12/12

Meijer Double Trade-in Value 2x 12/06 - 12/12

#271 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

From what I understand if it lets you buy Best Buy you should be able to buy any gift card. They're usually all excluded if they are at all. There was also people doing master card gift cards too so I'd say Amazon is a safe bet.

Ah I forgot people were buying master card gc as well. Thanks.

#272 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

I got a Target card with my credit yesterday.

#273 robisjebus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

robisjebus

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

So I did all this yesterday at the Meijer in Taylor, MI. Was only able to do 2 transactions with 2 games a piece before getting flagged. The "team leader" said he tried to add a third game but there were only 2 slots. I had my wife do this as well so we had a total of 8 games traded in. We walked away with 3 mastercards and some Meijer credit cause we went shopping. My question is has anyone who got flagged tried doing this after 24 hours?. She's going to try and go later, but I thought I'd ask first.

#274 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11601 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Gonna go for set 2 today unless I see horror stories popping up here.

#275 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

Gonna go for set 2 today unless I see horror stories popping up here.

Yeah I plan on actually doing the B2G1 today since I know my store can process it properly now. I was afraid to do it and decided to just try trading some games I already had first.

#276 ryvanzandt  

ryvanzandt

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Just completed 2-2 game transactions on sawmill road in Columbus, Oh.

Guy didn't have the promo applied so had to work with him on that. Time to take the wife to Meijer tonight.

#277 LucaBlight  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

It's gonna show your flagged once they put in your ID information and to do that they need to first inspect the games and fill out the questions on nextworth. I'd still ask first to make sure the games you are trading in are actually in there system. First time they told me just cause 3 wasn't and the second time that witcher 3 wasn't. 

There's a risk in getting stuck with the games, it's all about how bad you want it :D

Just keep the games sealed and then there's no risk.

#278 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

Just completed 2-2 game transactions on sawmill road in Columbus, Oh.

Guy didn't have the promo applied so had to work with him on that. Time to take the wife to Meijer tonight.

What's the TIV on your wife?

#279 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

Just keep the games sealed and then there's no risk.

I doubt they would take games still sealed. They'd have to open to examine them. I guess you could try to get him to process everything like they were in front of him to see if it would work or not and then have them postpone the transaction until you ran and got them.

#280 MPGinger008  

MPGinger008

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

I doubt they would take games still sealed. They'd have to open to examine them. I guess you could try to get him to process everything like they were in front of him to see if it would work or not and then have them postpone the transaction until you ran and got them.

They won't do that.  Meijer associates are still not used to the trade-in process so I doubt that they will go through all of that without seeing the games in your hands.  Also, if you show up with the games in the plastic, they would most likely turn you away.

#281 LucaBlight  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

I've traded about 10 sealed games at Meijer's on Monday, so ya. YMMV I guess but there is 0 reason they wouldn't take them IMO.

#282 robisjebus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

robisjebus

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

I doubt they would take games still sealed. They'd have to open to examine them. I guess you could try to get him to process everything like they were in front of him to see if it would work or not and then have them postpone the transaction until you ran and got them.

I handed all mine over sealed and had no problems. They opened them up in front of me which kind of made me nervous after I thought about it bbecause if they couldn't do the transaction then I'd be SOL on returning them, so if you go that route hand them over 2 per transaction or whatever they say the limit is to CYA. If they can give you a limit ahead of time of course.

#283 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Grabbed a $100 Visa GC after doing another set of trades. $6 activation fees on those things?? I'd never buy that normally. What a racket. I figured $94 after the fee was good enough though.

#284 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

They won't do that.  Meijer associates are still not used to the trade-in process so I doubt that they will go through all of that without seeing the games in your hands.  Also, if you show up with the games in the plastic, they would most likely turn you away.

If you get the same associate depending on how nice they are they might. Just explain the situation to them. It's not like you are trying to scam anything.

#285 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Grabbed a $100 Visa GC after doing another set of trades. $6 activation fees on those things?? I'd never buy that normally. What a racket. I figured $94 after the fee was good enough though.

I'm surprised all the people doing the gift cards honestly. Does nobody actually shop at Meijer for groceries? 

#286 robisjebus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

robisjebus

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

I'm surprised all the people doing the gift cards honestly. Does nobody actually shop at Meijer for groceries?

I do most of my grocery shopping there,but I still swapped out most of my credit for mastercards. Only kept $47 worth of Meijer credit and spent $20 while I was there. I find some pretty good deals there usually, just depends on what I'm buying. I never buy anything other than groceries though.

#287 MPGinger008  

MPGinger008

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

Watch Meijer have a promo for Toys to Life Packs in a few weeks and then everyone uses their Master-cards at Meijer haha

#288 Helldweller87   Banned Banned   1435 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

Meijer has been having a lot of m perks coupons lately for gift cards. It's worth waiting to see what they have each week. They just had a $10 off 100 on best buy gc a few weeks ago

#289 parKer   poses like a meerkat CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

Well, 2 different Meijers processed my trades and I didn't get turned away when I showed them the sealed games so it's a YMMV.

Like the other guy in this thread, I kept my 4 games sealed at the first Meijer. Once I got my credit, I asked if they wanted me to open the games and they said it's not necessary. The manager even looked at the boxes like he was checking the plastic for cuts or something as if I was doing a return. They put a rubber band around the games with their trade paperwork and put them in a stack. The second Meijer I went to did the same for my last 2 sealed trade-ins.

At both Meijers, the cashiers didn't know how to do trade-ins so their managers had to come by. So, it was the managers who actually accepted my sealed trade-ins.

#290 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

Hmm interesting. I guess I will try that then.

#291 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

Ok so what gets you flagged? The name? Your id number? Do they enter the id number? If you go to another store, are you flagged there too? These are questions that need answering.

chances are it's the ID number so if you have a state ID/driver's license might be able to do it more but if it's by name idk And it seems like once your flagged your flagged across the system.

I only did it twice but got a feeling if I go back they won't let me do it but I'm all set already, flipped 7 games :D

#292 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13635 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

chances are it's the ID number so if you have a state ID/driver's license might be able to do it more but if it's by name idk And it seems like once your flagged your flagged across the system.

I only did it twice but got a feeling if I go back they won't let me do it but I'm all set already, flipped 7 games :D

I believe it's name and possibly address.

#293 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

What's the TIV on your wife?

Priceless x 2

#294 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

I do so I just kept my trade card.  Same pot of money...even if it is a small pot.  Just cannot use it on gasoline I was told.

#295 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

I believe it's name and possibly address.

Trust me it's the name. They changed my address and it still denied me. They swap my middle name for my last name and 2 more went through no problem. The ID number was the same for 4 transaction. 

#296 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:37 PM

Trust me it's the name. They changed my address and it still denied me. They swap my middle name for my last name and 2 more went through no problem. The ID number was the same for 4 transaction. 

This seems like such a stupid system. What if you are John Smith?

#297 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:38 PM

I have no idea, lol. 

#298 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

cool thanks for the confirmation. 

and yea I've had two games denied saying they weren't in the system. Told me at times they get too many of one game in and they take it out for the day and to check back tomorrow. Sure enough just cause 3 showed up next day. I think same thing happened with witcher but I didn't go back for that. I guess it's more next worth but I haven't herd things like this with target.

#299 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Meijer has been having a lot of m perks coupons lately for gift cards. It's worth waiting to see what they have each week. They just had a $10 off 100 on best buy gc a few weeks ago

I have a $15 off 2 Mastercards $25 or more.  If the activation fee is $6 each that covers the fee at least plus a little soda money.

#300 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

Yeah if you have that Mastercard mperks coupon, that is definitely the way to go. I already cashed my cards out using Bluebird.