* * * * * 2 votes

Meijer Double Trade in Value Video Games 12/06-12/12

Meijer Double Trade-in Value 2x 12/06 - 12/12

#301 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:29 PM

Lol got to the end and they cant find the trade in GCs. And it wont work on regular ones

Finished. Fuck this process though. Not gonna risk standing around for 45 minutes to be rejected for a 3rd try.

#302 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:34 PM

forgot to mention saw the nyko charge base on sale 50% off so should be $15. It was this one:

http://www.amazon.co...box one charger

I do have twenty something left on my gc, thinking about picking it up if I'm back out there. I passed on it because I'm pretty good with rechargeable batteries but the more I think of it I'm constantly switching the batteries out of the xbone remote.

#303 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

forgot to mention saw the nyko charge base on sale 50% off so should be $15. It was this one:

http://www.amazon.co...box one charger

I do have twenty something left on my gc, thinking about picking it up if I'm back out there. I passed on it because I'm pretty good with rechargeable batteries but the more I think of it I'm constantly switching the batteries out of the xbone remote.

I have that exact set. Got it when MS Store had them for $13 a year and a half ago. Really good imo. People just don't realize how to actually put it in the controller. Lasts quite a while and easy to take the controller in and out.

#304 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8846 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

Link in op doesn't lead to anything about this deal.

Kinda tempted in trading in Gears a ultimate though.

#305 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7726 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:01 AM

I picked up Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 and Siege at Best Buy (where a dude who was trying to steal stuff got tackled to the ground right at the door as I was checking out).

Went over to Meijer and the kid said he had only learned how to do a trade in almost a year ago and since the store had only gotten about 3 trade ins, none of which he processed. He actually led me to the back area behind the registers which was weird and when he got to the customer info he was like you want to do it? And he went to go help another customer waiting and I am just chilling on their computer in the back then which probably is against policy somehow haha. As I was there of course people thought I was working there then, one guy even said "Excuse me Miss?" and I turned around and he was like... 'oh sorry about that can you help me find yada yada' (I had my hair up in a bun today and no I am not a woman haha but it happens all the time)

Didn't end up working at first and it was because we activated the promo after the games were added so we just redid it and it worked fine. Took them a bit to figure out how to even get it on a GC then haha. In the end probably took like 30 minutes and I was able to easily just turn it right into a $100 BB GC. 

I ended up keeping Siege for now to mess around with it but with Siege you get Vegas and Vegas 2 and with JC3 you got JC2 and the Day One DLC so I was able to basically get Siege, 3x 360 games and some dlc for JC which I will eventually get... all for free! Not bad. I am tempted to do more but honestly do not want to go through it all and possibly get rejected. I MAY do one more flip just like the one I did now to score another free game if I am out that way again in the next couple days and if not I still made out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention OP and for everyone else who were the Guinea Pigs the past two days! : P

#306 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

I picked up Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 and Siege at Best Buy (where a dude who was trying to steal stuff got tackled to the ground right at the door as I was checking out).

Went over to Meijer and the kid said he had only learned how to do a trade in almost a year ago and since the store had only gotten about 3 trade ins, none of which he processed. He actually led me to the back area behind the registers which was weird and when he got to the customer info he was like you want to do it? And he went to go help another customer waiting and I am just chilling on their computer in the back then which probably is against policy somehow haha. As I was there of course people thought I was working there then, one guy even said "Excuse me Miss?" and I turned around and he was like... 'oh sorry about that can you help me find yada yada' (I had my hair up in a bun today and no I am not a woman haha but it happens all the time)

Didn't end up working at first and it was because we activated the promo after the games were added so we just redid it and it worked fine. Took them a bit to figure out how to even get it on a GC then haha. In the end probably took like 30 minutes and I was able to easily just turn it right into a $100 BB GC. 

I ended up keeping Siege for now to mess around with it but with Siege you get Vegas and Vegas 2 and with JC3 you got JC2 and the Day One DLC so I was able to basically get Siege, 3x 360 games and some dlc for JC which I will eventually get... all for free! Not bad. I am tempted to do more but honestly do not want to go through it all and possibly get rejected. I MAY do one more flip just like the one I did now to score another free game if I am out that way again in the next couple days and if not I still made out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention OP and for everyone else who were the Guinea Pigs the past two days! : P

I got the same set but kept Tomb Raider. I didn't think about getting the codes out of them for the DLC. Damn oh well. I still can't complain about a free game.

#307 derspiess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

Just tried with a couple games. They have a sign on the counter claiming that there is a technical issue with the 2x credit promotion and their "technical" people are working on it. Sounds fishy.

#308 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10988 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

It is really frustrating when a service being provided by a company is pretty much ignored at the store level.

#309 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:50 AM

Just tried with a couple games. They have a sign on the counter claiming that there is a technical issue with the 2x credit promotion and their "technical" people are working on it. Sounds fishy.

Which Meijer was this at?

#310 derspiess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

Eastgate Location in Cincinnati.

#311 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:12 AM

Yeah...I just tried a 5th game for the hell of it. I think there might be something up with the 2x bonus in the system.

I got all the way to the point where it she would scan the card after I hit approve on the touchpad, but the double credit wasnt showing up, nor did she know about the promotion (Which I took as a sign she didn't click it at the start). She also took this moment to note that if I hit accept, even if the 2x didn't apply there was nothing she could do and she had to keep the game. She eventually went back to the start and still couldnt find anything for the 2x bonus, so she said to come back tomorrow when the manager was there.

#312 srac84  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

yeah some of them are clueless the person at my store is SO annoying i went on two seperate days so that i could hopefully avoid her but unfortunately it was the same person...and they are a pain in the ass lol she kept saying that the 25 or 30 was the double trade in value "theres no way were gonna give you 60 for a game we sell for 60 brand new" LOL...and kept saying theres no promotion under the tab she was pressing...anyways .. oh well ...the second time there was another person who looked like they were pissed anyone was talking to them..and then she didnt even know how to do the trade in...so she went to call someone who "did know" and guess who it was the same girl from the night before...oh well guess it wasnt meant to happen

#313 derspiess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:10 AM

Called the next two closest locations. One claimed the promotion had ended then kept me on hold forever when I mentioned the flyer said it ran til 12/12. The other said they couldn't figure out how to get the credit applied to a gift card (I guess they were using the wrong one).

So I called one more location and the person actually had a clue. She said they could not get the 2x promotion to apply but they had a workaround to make up for it. Said she was going to be there til 10pm so I got back in the car and arrived at that location at 9:45. The person I spoke with was nowhere to be found and nobody in the store has any idea how to do a trade-in. They tried calling people they thought would know but no luck.

So I'm leaving now. What a waste of time and gas.

#314 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:57 AM

I had issues doing my second run earlier, but it finally worked. They key, as has been mentioned, is the gray box with the promo. It's not super obvious. I even had trouble with it after telling the gentleman where it was from all of you guys. It's kinda hidden. They have to click on the gray box, which has a sort of drop down menu, and the promo is under that. After it's enabled, it should show so on the right side of that same box.

#315 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:01 AM

I had issues doing my second run earlier, but it finally worked. They key, as has been mentioned, is the gray box with the promo. It's not super obvious. I even had trouble with it after telling the gentleman where it was from all of you guys. It's kinda hidden. They have to click on the gray box, which has a sort of drop down menu, and the promo is under that. After it's enabled, it should show so on the right side of that same box.

Ugh I knew that was it.....I kept asking the lady to try clicking it, but she kept saying it wasnt doing anything, and that she didn't want to do anything she wasn't supposed to. Its like a gray bar going all the way across the screen right?

She kept insisting I wasnt getting double because I wasn't trading 2 games in. Then insisted the deal was over....

#316 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:07 AM

Meijer was always terrible at training employees so none of this surprises me really having worked for them for 6 years lol. Sorry to hear everybody has been having so much trouble.

#317 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:38 AM

Ugh I knew that was it.....I kept asking the lady to try clicking it, but she kept saying it wasnt doing anything, and that she didn't want to do anything she wasn't supposed to. Its like a gray bar going all the way across the screen right?

She kept insisting I wasnt getting double because I wasn't trading 2 games in. Then insisted the deal was over....

Yeah, it's that one. I can't remember the exact text of it, but it's that. If they click it, it's like a typical drop down thing, and then the promo is a literal on/off switch.

#318 kliiez8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:41 AM

Thanks to all who gave tips. Thanks also to the OP. Finally traded in 4 games total in 2 separate transactions at the Elgin store. First tried Algonquin and failed due to insufficient employee training.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:02 AM

I am thinking about giving this a shot tomorrow. Basically trade in my tomb raider, until dawn, gta5, and assassins Creed syndicate hoping to get a $200 gift card. Can just rebuy at best buy with a gift card for cheaper and use the profit for grocery shopping.

#320 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:16 AM

I am thinking about giving this a shot tomorrow. Basically trade in my tomb raider, until dawn, gta5, and assassins Creed syndicate hoping to get a $200 gift card. Can just rebuy at best buy with a gift card for cheaper and use the profit for grocery shopping.

Pretty sure 2 at a time is the absolute limit

#321 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:22 AM

Pretty sure 2 at a time is the absolute limit

It wasn't on the first day.

#322 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

Brought a friend and we did 4 more games today. I might bring my uncle later this week, lol. 

#323 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

Brought a friend and we did 4 more games today. I might bring my uncle later this week, lol.

good luck. I brought in my 4 year old with his library card and my puppy but apparently they weren't good enough for the almighty Meijer.

Insufficient Identification my ass. It says Lucky right on his fucking collar. My dog Rover also had a collar but no dice.

Last time I shop with them, that's for sure! (as per orders of their district manager).

#324 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

good luck. I brought in my 4 year old with his library card and my puppy but apparently they weren't good enough for the almighty Meijer.

Insufficient Identification my ass. It says Lucky right on his fucking collar. My dog Rover also had a collar but no dice.

Last time I shop with them, that's for sure! (as per orders of their district manager).

I'm confused, what's the joke?

#325 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

vji48.jpg

#326 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10988 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

^ If that pic above did not end up with at least one person maimed I am truly impressed.

Looking closer I think photoshop is at work. 

Yeah i am an idiot.

#327 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13622 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

vji48.jpg

They have Meijer in Afghanistan?

#328 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

Competent employee ftw. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Just traded Black Ops 3 to get a 50$ Gamestop GC to buy Earth Defense Force since BB probably wont restock.

Probably banned now. Though i might try this location one last time on Saturday.

Im curious what determines a ban though. That was my 5th trade in, between 2 locations

#329 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

I guess mperks doesn't work on giftcards. I was hoping to get another $5/$6 in mperks. Oh well.

#330 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:10 PM

I guess mperks doesn't work on giftcards. I was hoping to get another $5/$6 in mperks. Oh well.

The santa bucks coupon they have excludes them. From my time working there, they did let us use mperk coupons until a certain point. After that, they caught on and stopped it.

It also seems like Meijer trade ins work exactly the same as the Target trade ins. Get limited by name on the ID and not necessarily ID. As well as needing to include the promo prior to starting the trade. I get it's the same company doing it too, so it'd probably make sense to have the same trade in system.