* * * * * 2 votes

Meijer Double Trade in Value Video Games 12/06-12/12

Meijer Double Trade-in Value 2x 12/06 - 12/12

#331 derspiess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted the details on how to activate the promotion. I went back to the original store today and was lucky enough to have a couple of open-minded employees try it out. It worked, much to their astonishment, and I left with $100 in credit. They didn't have Best Buy gc's for whatever reason so I converted my Meijer credit to Best Buy oops Target gc.

I had a decent backup plan, but glad I didn't need to use it.

#332 frankcastle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

frankcastle

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

Went back today to the same store after trading in 5 games on my first trade in the other day. I brought 4 games and employee said 2 games per transaction but we could do 2 transactions. He tried adding them all on one but it wouldn't take. So he did the first 2, gave me the gift card then did the second 2. No problems at all. No flag. That's 3 separate trade ins I've done. Gonna go back for probably 2 more on sat.

#333 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

Where do you trade in at? Customer service or electronics?

#334 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Electronics, not sure they do it as well at cs. Everytime the greater told me to goto cs and I just told them no its electronics and they just shrugged and moved on lol

#335 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

Went back today to the same store after trading in 5 games on my first trade in the other day. I brought 4 games and employee said 2 games per transaction but we could do 2 transactions. He tried adding them all on one but it wouldn't take. So he did the first 2, gave me the gift card then did the second 2. No problems at all. No flag. That's 3 separate trade ins I've done. Gonna go back for probably 2 more on sat.

Wonder if it's just 2 trade in limit in like a 24 hour (or some short) period. I should probably do another set before this ends but don't know if I will take the time/spend the money to chance getting rejected.

#336 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11601 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

2nd store sent me to Customer Service. Where they ended up doing it over the red phone to electronics.....

#337 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

by chance has anyone traded in rock band from the band in a bundle set? not sure if they won't take it since it says not for resale, I guess I could do it without the artwork but sure it'll be less. and then for xbone it shows it with the legacy adapter. 

If anything might just take them to disc replay and see how much they say. Don't wanna trade it into amazon for same reasons as above. 

#338 MPGinger008  

MPGinger008

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

by chance has anyone traded in rock band from the band in a bundle set? not sure if they won't take it since it says not for resale, I guess I could do it without the artwork but sure it'll be less. and then for xbone it shows it with the legacy adapter. 

If anything might just take them to disc replay and see how much they say. Don't wanna trade it into amazon for same reasons as above. 

If it is not available on NextWorth.com, it won't be available at Meijer.  You could always check there.

#339 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:55 PM

NIce. I might try trading in tomb raider and rebuying it if that's the case. They give $50 for it and with the sale and santa bucks can get it back for $35.

#340 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

The Meijer in Mt. Pleasant, MI is having some serious issues right now. Promo wasn't showing up anywhere, despite me telling them exactly where it should be in their system.

They said they didn't have issues earlier in the week but that they're checking with Nextworth to see if it's on their end. Here's to hoping it's resolved by tomorrow since I opened the games there and can't return them to Best Buy now.

#341 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

If it is not available on NextWorth.com, it won't be available at Meijer.  You could always check there.

no it's there but the one in the band in the box bundle doesn't have a upc and says not for resale. 

The Meijer in Mt. Pleasant, MI is having some serious issues right now. Promo wasn't showing up anywhere, despite me telling them exactly where it should be in their system.

They said they didn't have issues earlier in the week but that they're checking with Nextworth to see if it's on their end. Here's to hoping it's resolved by tomorrow since I opened the games there and can't return them to Best Buy now.

maybe the killed the promo? hopefully it's just a glitch at that store. 

#342 srac84  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

no it's there but the one in the band in the box bundle doesn't have a upc and says not for resale. 

maybe the killed the promo? hopefully it's just a glitch at that store. 

ive been having this problem at the meijer near me in mi from day 1 ... "nothing is coming up under promotions" the idiot person there insists that they are already doubled LOL..normally i wouldnt call anyone an idiot but the way she was acting really pissed me off..i went to another 1...and the person doing the trade ins was on the phone with nextworth support cuz they didnt know how to do it ...and at first it wasnt popping up then they claim it magically appeared either way it worked in the end but MAN did it take a while!!

#343 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7105 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

The system is doing a two-game limit now. Trying to do three still as two transactions. Seems okay so far. Or maybe not. Having trouble with the second one. The wife is shopping the rest of the store, so I may need her this time. And done. Took forever, but we used the wife's ID, though he said that wasn't it.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

Worked fine for me about an hour ago.

My wife and I went in and they let us do 2 sets of 2 games each. Got $275 or so.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - $50

AC Syndicate - $50

GTA5 - $50

Until Dawn - $50

Gears Ultimate (Paid $5 on black friday and got a $10 gift card lol) - $32

Persona 4 Arena Ultimate (bought last week on amazon for $12 with $10 off for some reason) - $20

Dragon Age Inquisition PS4 - $22

I bought a $100 bb gift card no problem, and the only trade problem was I had the crew for PS4 and they didn't have it in the system for some reason.

These were all games I owned and bought for cheaper or at launch, i got a $100 BB gift card to rebuy a few of them with B2G1 on best buy, some PSN credit, and spent the rest on groceries. Stocked up on meat to put in the freezer.

Also found Olimar Amiibo on clearance for $9.

There are some really good values out there for games that arent even part of the Best Buy B2G1. a lot of games that are $20-30 retail get $25 or so.

#345 CodyWuzHere   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CodyWuzHere

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

Just traded in Rock Band 4 (PS4) That came with the guitar bundle. $50 going into the DLC fund!

#346 Fareric  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

Just traded in Fallout 4, Fifa 16, Forza 6, and Star Wars Battlefront all for xbox one.  I went to the Meijer in Ann Arbor, Mi on the corner of Jackson and Zeeb roads.  I got there and the girl working in electronics did not know how to do trade in's so she called the manager.  They let me do 2 trades of two games for four games total.  At first the prices they pulled up were not the double prices for the promotion, I mentioned the box to click at the top of the screen for the promotion.  They tried it again and it worked.  The whole process probably took about 20-25 min.

Prices I got were:

Fallout 4: $50

Star Wars Battlefront: $50

Fifa 16: $48.10

Forza 6:  $48.10

Total: $196.2 in Meijer Gift Cards

I used the meijer gift cards to purchase 2 $100 Mastercard gift cards (which have a $5.95 activation fee each) and used the mperks coupon to save $15 on the purchase of two mastercard gift cards which covered the cost of the activation fees plus $3.10

#347 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

Biggest issue I'm having when trading in is to get the employee to agree that "artwork" means coverart and not manuals/slips. Some games don't even come with manuals/slips anymore, and some only comes with DLC codes which of course I will take out and sell.

#348 AAK_SO_COLD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

AAK_SO_COLD

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:20 AM

Biggest issue I'm having when trading in is to get the employee to agree that "artwork" means coverart and not manuals/slips. Some games don't even come with manuals/slips anymore, and some only comes with DLC codes which of course I will take out and sell.

Ditto! Had to keep Assassin's Creed because she thought manual meant cover art... :/

#349 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:21 AM

Just traded in Rock Band 4 (PS4) That came with the guitar bundle. $50 going into the DLC fund!

nice I might try tomorrow thanks!

I got a feeling I'm flagged but only did it twice so maybe not. Would prefer to keep it sealed but I doubt I'm a get too much more sealed on ebay then compared to used on ebay or trading it in elsewhere like disc replay. So I think it's worth a gamble at getting a quick 100. 

#350 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

I'm kinda bummed but kinda happy after reading some of this thread that there are no Meijers near me.

#351 Gamwhiz  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

I'm kinda bummed but kinda happy after reading some of this thread that there are no Meijers near me.

I wanna bleed em dry, and am super close to one of their new WI locations, but, uh...I probably shouldn't.

Spoiler

Still, in for 2.

#352 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

I wanna bleed em dry, and am super close to one of their new WI locations, but, uh...I probably shouldn't.

Spoiler

Still, in for 2.

Which one? I went to all 4 locations this week.

#353 Hernaju   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

I can't seem to find a store that does trade-ins how did you guys find one?

#354 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7105 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

They're all supposed to, I think.

#355 Hernaju   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Melrose Park and Berwyn in IL had no clue what I was talking about. (Berwyn doesn't even have an electronics department)

#356 funkmonker  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Melrose Park and Berwyn in IL had no clue what I was talking about. (Berwyn doesn't even have an electronics department)

Were you successful tho at Melrose

#357 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

That's because Berwyn is a Meijer "Marketplace" location. Meaning they usually only sell essentials, like groceries and what not. I got it to work at the Bolingbrook location on Weber and Boughton.

#358 Hernaju   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

Were you successful tho at Melrose

Melrose said they dont do trade ins, not too sure the trek out to Bolingbrook is worth it.

#359 WeaponX2099   All Caps when you remember the man's name CAGiversary!   5651 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Melrose said they dont do trade ins, not too sure the trek out to Bolingbrook is worth it.

Evergreen may do it, and it's about 10-15 miles from North Riverside.

#360 XDPCS  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Evergreen may do it, and it's about 10-15 miles from North Riverside.

The Meijer in Melrose Park told me to go to Rolling Meadows. They limited me to only two games and one transaction at the Meijer.