* * * * * 2 votes

Meijer Double Trade in Value Video Games 12/06-12/12

Meijer Double Trade-in Value 2x 12/06 - 12/12

#61 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Yes really and I did all twenty games at once,............last time.

Don't go up with twenty copies of black ops 3. Please dont be stupid.

#62 appleseed127   Banned Banned   503 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

appleseed127

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

If you are illinois, this wont start until wednesday.

Where in the ad does it say that? The start and end dates say dec 6-12.

#63 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Ok go the Fuck ahead and take it to an illinois place. I fucking dare you. Go waste your time.

If I say the ad starts in illinois on thursday (sorry I forgot its thursday not wednesday) then the ad starts on fucking thursday. The good news is that it will last until thursday here for the most part or be over in a shorter time span for us. It happens.

#64 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

Now its possible it will be up now but hey, i'm not going to bother going just for this.

#65 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

Really?

According to their ad, it's good now.

meijer.png  

#66 Maynard   Steam 48 hours a week. CAGiversary!   2252 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

You seem upset.

#67 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

Ugh, illinois is in a thursday market. Which means that the ad for us starts on thursday. Last time they ran this, it said it started on sunday. I went three days in a row and nothing until the ad started on thursday and then the little trade bar shit with the promo popped up. Unless they changed it now, its not going to be any different now.

I am not going to bother going to simply check, but feel free to do so but my advice is not to open your games until you confirm its activated even on thursday.

#68 srac84  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thanks guys was able to do it then went to self checkout they have those pick your amount best buy gift cards though needed approval but had no problems

#69 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

how many games you do?

#70 gindias  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

You seem upset.

Lol

#71 RAINING SHELLS  

RAINING SHELLS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

I did 4 games at 2 different stores. 240 bucks in best buy gift cards and 2 free games to keep for myself.

#72 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

I'm tempted to try this, but it didn't work for me at all last time.

#73 appleseed127   Banned Banned   503 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

appleseed127

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

Ok go the Fuck ahead and take it to an illinois place. I fucking dare you. Go waste your time.

If I say the ad starts in illinois on thursday (sorry I forgot its thursday not wednesday) then the ad starts on fucking thursday. The good news is that it will last until thursday here for the most part or be over in a shorter time span for us. It happens.

Sorry for just asking a f'ing question. The ad doesn't specify that. Calm the f down. Jeez

#74 srac84  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

Had 2 goto 2 stores but 1 finally figured it out ...

#75 RADa5AURU5   CAGa5AURU5 CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

RADa5AURU5

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

2 per title... I wonder if that's 2 per title per system...

So for games trading in for $60 I have: Fallout 4, COD BOIII and Battlefront. Halo 5 is $55. Anybody have other noteworthy trade in values?

#76 Helldweller87   Banned Banned   1435 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

Anyone try to but mastercard gift cards with the credit? There is a m perks coupon for $15 of two mastercards.

#77 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

well grabbed 3 copies of just cause 3, went to meijers and asked about the trade in and told them I had two copies. went back to my car and opened them up and then they tell me just cause 3 isn't in their system...........I saw someone on here do it and on nextworth but she said at times they stop taking trade ins when they get too many and to check back tomorrow.

but meh not too upset, got just cause locked in at amazon for 36 so getting just cause for like 23 which isn't bad. And who knows maybe I'll win that island ;)

#78 srac84  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

i dont know if there is a limit per id ... i did 4 on my id but i was with someone else so they did them all in 1 transaction..anyways traded in need for speed fallout 4 and until dawn for ps4 as well as mario maker wii u for 226...went to best buy and rebought the ps4 games...for 101...will hopefully pick up mario maker and xenoblade chronicles next week if they have a buy 1 get 1 50% off of wii u games at best buy like every year :D

#79 RAINING SHELLS  

RAINING SHELLS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

I was told that no Meijer gift cards and no Visa/Mastercard would work but feel free to try it out. I was able to purchase BB gift cards.

#80 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

why are you people doing only two games? Have you tried doing more than two?

#81 RAINING SHELLS  

RAINING SHELLS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

I was able to trade Just Cause in. Try again tomorrow.

#82 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

I was able to trade Just Cause in. Try again tomorrow.

yea I might, it is a bit of a drive but she said I could call and they'd check. We'll see, I did want just cause and getting it under 25 is awesome, just would've been sweeter to get it for basically free and a little extra in my pocket but meh. 

I used to have a buddy who worked at meijers for awhile. mperks, Santa bucks, employee discount, credit card sign up bonus got me some pretty wicked deals on TV's/Game Systems in the past. He needs to get his job back lol

#83 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7216 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

Trading in five games right now. I'm waiting. Just Cause 3 ($60 after promo), Fallout 4 ($60 after promo), Rainbow Six: Siege ($60 after promo, though I was kind hoping to get stopped at this point so I could keep it), Halo 5 ($55~ after promo), and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition ($28 or $32, again I'm actually still in the middle of the transaction and waiting for the guy to print something).

#84 RAINING SHELLS  

RAINING SHELLS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:47 PM

I'm going back tomorrow to do 2 more games.

#85 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7216 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:00 PM

Trading in five games right now. I'm waiting. Just Cause 3 ($60 after promo), Fallout 4 ($60 after promo), Rainbow Six: Siege ($60 after promo, though I was kind hoping to get stopped at this point so I could keep it), Halo 5 ($55~ after promo), and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition ($28 or $32, again I'm actually still in the middle of the transaction and waiting for the guy to print something).

Success. $267.50. Paid about $102 for the first three games right before heading here, Halo was free with my Xbox One, and I rebought Gears after trading it in during the recent GameStop promo from the Microsoft Store, and that also came with the console. Not doing all the math, but it's safe to say I did well.

Should also mention they had no idea what they were doing and it took forever. Walked back and forth from the back to front a couple of times, but I could use the exercise and it's worth the credit.

Also just bought two $100 MasterCards for $196.90 after the $15 off mPerks promo using self checkout. The lady working there did have to assist me, but it worked. Could have probably waited for the Santa bucks coming up, but didn't know if that would work on this transaction and just wanted to get this credit converted.

#86 RAINING SHELLS  

RAINING SHELLS

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Success. $267.50. Paid about $102 for the first three games right before heading here, Halo was free with my Xbox One, and I rebought Gears after trading it in during the recent GameStop promo from the Microsoft Store, and that also came with the console. Not doing all the math, but it's safe to say I did well.

Should also mention they had no idea what they were doing and it took forever. Walked back and forth from the back to front a couple of times, but I could use the exercise and it's worth the credit.

Also just bought two $100 MasterCards for $196.90 after the $15 off mPerks promo using self checkout. The lady working there did have to assist me, but it worked. Could have probably waited for the Santa bucks coming up, but didn't know if that would work on this transaction and just wanted to get this credit converted.

Awesome!! Glad it all worked out. So we can do more than 2 games even though it's in the ad

#87 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11627 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:17 PM

Guess I'll swing by tonight or tomorrow. Got Star War's and a few other high value games, would be worth trading them in first then just rebuying over at Best Buy with other games I want.

Not gonna risk buying a ton of stuff first after being shafted (And seeing others get shafted) at Target's in the past cause of network shenanigans

#88 GeneralTso   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GeneralTso

Santa bucks wont' work with gift cards, good thing you didn't wait.

#89 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7216 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Awesome!! Glad it all worked out. So we can do more than 2 games even though it's in the ad

As usual, YMMV. Probably depends on the knowledge of the employee.

#90 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

I can confirm it works in Illinois. Finishing up my transaction now.