* * * * * 2 votes

Meijer Double Trade in Value Video Games 12/06-12/12

Meijer Double Trade-in Value 2x 12/06 - 12/12

#181 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10835 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

I am really starting to wonder if I want to take the time and BS to go do this.  My Meijers can barely do a price adjustment on a receipt.  It would be nice to turn 2 games into 3 games but I have certs from GS I was planning on using for Just Cause 3 anyway.  I will see how things go for people.  Anyone in the Indianapolis area that does this today please report in and which Meijer you went to. I would appreciate it. 

#182 GeneralTso   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

GeneralTso

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

Another Ann Arbor CAG chiming in, at the Ann Arbor Saline location and can confirm trade in promotion is still working. Traded in BO3 and FO4 both for PS4, got $100 on a gift card (although I wish I went yesterday to get $120 Haha). Takes about 45min though

Did you only have two games or do you know if they'll do more than 2?

#183 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

how

Pm 3 copies to amazon and with best buys b2f1 free it should come out to $60 + tax.

Even if b2g1 doesn't work its $90 for 3 copies.

They trade in for $50 per copy

#184 thehoweller   IllegalCouponPrinter CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

thehoweller

Thank you guys for pointing out the error. Shit just wasn't processed properly, the promotion is still working and I just got fucked.

#185 xonoxos   CAG CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

Did you only have two games or do you know if they'll do more than 2?

Only had two games with me, but I asked if he could try a third game as if I had it and he said it wasn't working for the third.

#186 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10835 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

Thank you guys for pointing out the error. Shit just wasn't processed properly, the promotion is still working and I just got fucked.

Sorry man.  I usually have a number in my head when I go in and if the trade is nowhere close to it I just bail.  

#187 thehoweller   IllegalCouponPrinter CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

thehoweller

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

Sorry man.  I usually have a number in my head when I go in and if the trade is nowhere close to it I just bail.

Yeah, I was prepared to take a little less than what I paid if the promotion was in fast ended and this would have proven it (Shame on me for assuming the system would automatically apply it after being told it already had been). I will definitely be heading back tonight to instruct those bastards on how to operate their registers and recoup my loss with two other trades.

I got stonewalled when I called trying to explain the situation. "The prices given were in fact already doubled in our system."

#188 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

Another Ann Arbor CAG chiming in, at the Ann Arbor Saline location and can confirm trade in promotion is still working. Traded in BO3 and FO4 both for PS4, got $100 on a gift card (although I wish I went yesterday to get $120 Haha). Takes about 45min though

wtf why so long

#189 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

I always check Nextworth.com before going in, so that I know exactly how much I should be getting. The last time they did this promotion (In October I think?) the clerk marked a couple games as missing artwork. I realized the error afterwards and went back and explained what happened. She apologized and they issued me a "customer happiness" gift card for the difference. Just be sure to bring all the paperwork and receipts with you, and they should give you the difference.

#190 xonoxos   CAG CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

wtf why so long

It was his first time doing the trade in and we had a hard time getting the double credit to trigger. Not sure. Eventually the manager came and fixed it though.

#191 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

Anyone know what exactly they do to do the trade. They're clueless. Help.

#192 frankcastle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

frankcastle

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

I am really starting to wonder if I want to take the time and BS to go do this. My Meijers can barely do a price adjustment on a receipt. It would be nice to turn 2 games into 3 games but I have certs from GS I was planning on using for Just Cause 3 anyway. I will see how things go for people. Anyone in the Indianapolis area that does this today please report in and which Meijer you went to. I would appreciate it.

I just went to the meijer in greenwood on 135 this morning. Traded 5 games for $221. Took the guy a few min but he was very friendly about it. Way better than I was expecting. Got my gc and immediately went to self check out and bought a bby gc for exact amount. Gonna go back later today or tomorrow and take a few more I have.

#193 MPGinger008  

MPGinger008

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

Meijer is running another 2x Trade-in Value Promo for Video Games.  Looks like this has been running since yesterday.  Found the ad on their website, link below.

https://meijer.shopl...eijer-151206hgm

Instore or match on NextWorth.com.  Typically they are the same because NextWorth runs the Trade-in Program for them, like they do Target.

Note that you CANNOT quote on NextWorth and bring into Meijer to honor the quote, people have tried and it will not work, just a FYI.

REMINDER!!!

In order to get double that value for your video games, make sure that the first thing the Meijer employee does is turn the promo on.  There was a lot of issues with this last time, so make sure they click the little grey box at the top-left hand side of the trade-in screen.  If this box is not clicked first, most of the time there are issues with activating the promo and receiving double the value further on down the trade.

For those having issues with trading.

#194 cheapo911  

cheapo911

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Will they allow trade-in of 2 of the same game?

#195 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10835 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

I just went to the meijer in greenwood on 135 this morning. Traded 5 games for $221. Took the guy a few min but he was very friendly about it. Way better than I was expecting. Got my gc and immediately went to self check out and bought a bby gc for exact amount. Gonna go back later today or tomorrow and take a few more I have.

Hey thanks.  Greenwood is in the opposite direction of where I live but it gives me hope the Meijer near me will be aware that they can do trades.

#196 thedream77   Monster>Red Bull CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

thedream77

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

I'll reiterate what everyone has said.  I had 4 $25 games.  The first Meijer only would take 2 games max.  The guy was a knowledgeable employee, but it took about 30 minutes to get the $100 card.  I took the other 2 games to a different Meijer.  A manager was working in electronics, and I glommed onto him.  Long story short, he was very knowledgeable Meijer employee, but had never done a trade.  The other employees were clueless.  Eventually, after calling some of his buddy Managers at other stores, the trade worked, and a 2nd $100 card was issued.  This was another 30 minutes process, plus the 10 minute drive time to the 2nd store.

Meijer employees simply don't know the process, they never do trades, and they especially don't do trades with 100% bonuses.  It's a great deal (even with the drop from $30 to $25 per game), especially with the BBY B2G1 running concurrently, but be prepared to wait.  I also suggest you seek out an experienced electronics employee.  Even with all that, this could still take awhile. Not recommended if you are in a hurry or impatient.

#197 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

Sorry I would spoiler this because 99% of everybody will not give a shit but I dont know where the spoiler button is.

Went to 2 Meijer stores. First one they were absolutely clueless. Electronics sent me to CS. CS asked me for my receipt lol. I told them they're not returns it's a trade in.

She says they don't do trade ins. I say yes you do. We repeat this interaction three times. Finally I remember the ad. I ask if she has one. I go to the page and show her. She says oh wow that must be new. Ok...

She's still clueless and finally calls someone who says to give me a $5 gift card for my troubles and tells me to come back tomorrow when someone who knows what's going on is around. OK, thanks.

Shit.

So off to Meijer 2. This one was better. Electronics girl had no clue, so called her manager who also had never done a trade in but gave it a whirl. Took him 20 minutes to figure out how to activate the double promo (thanks to whoever posted on CAG about the button/check box at the beginning to activate the promo or else he probably never would have figured it out).

So eventually I got my $100 gift card after trading in Until Dawn and Fallout 4 ($50 each). So in the end I kept Black Ops 3 and Just Cause 3 basically for a trade in of Until Dawn. It's a really good game but I've already played it so not a big loss. All in all I guess it was worth it but man...you may be in for some issues and some wait times.

#198 Dawg Pound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Dawg Pound

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

Traded in 6 game for $158.80. Good deal.

#199 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

Round 2 at another store. No wife to help this time and I'm going to try 4 games on my own. Will be a true test to see if they put a hard limit on 2 games per transaction

#200 xonoxos   CAG CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

Went back to the same store with my wife, traded in Syndicate and Uncharted Nathan Drake collection for a total of $84.50, $50 for Syndicate and $34.50 for Uncharted. Took less than 10min this time.

#201 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

Had to do 2 and 2. Might do another game to see if flagged.

#202 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

2 transactions of 2, then flagged.

#203 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6734 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Hmm. Not sure if I want to try it again after doing five yesterday.

#204 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

What you mean is doing 2 transactions of 2 is ok, but any more and you get flagged? Or do you mean the second transaction flagged you?

#205 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

Round 2 at another store. No wife to help this time and I'm going to try 4 games on my own. Will be a true test to see if they put a hard limit on 2 games per transaction

Second meijer was slow, spent nearly 45 minutes in total. Manager had to come and teach and old lady how to do the trade in. Double value wasn't applying and I read what was posted earlier about a grey box, she told me that her manager will figure it out very politely.

All in all 45 minutes later I traded 4 more games with my ID ( 6 total on my ID )

Going to BB one last time and picking up 6 games.. trading another set of 4 in and keeping the original 4 games I had.

$200 profit after next trade in, probably closer to $190 with gas factored in. 

I'll probably do more later on in the week if the values hold, but I think after the next set I'll be done for today

What do you mean flagged?

Are you doing them at the same store?

How many sets of 2 have you done? I've done 3 separate sets and they haven't stopped me ( 2 games at one store and 4 games at a different store ~3 hours apart )

#206 User_Account  

User_Account

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

I was allowed 2 trades of 2 games. The register wouldn't allow more. $100 total for halo 5 and fallout 4. $60 total for bloodborne and the evil within.

The register wasn't showing trade in value until the cashier unchecked and rechecked the box.

#207 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

2 sets of 2 per store. Then the system will not take anymore at least at that store.

#208 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

I was allowed 2 trades of 2 games. The register wouldn't allow more. $100 total for halo 5 and fallout 4. $60 total for bloodborne and the evil within.

The register wasn't showing trade in value until the cashier unchecked and rechecked the box.

2 sets of 2 per store. Then the system will not take anymore at least at that store.

Good to know. 

I have 5 meijer's around me. I'll do my last set of 2 at a different store than the ones I went to this morning.

#209 wicked_j11   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

wicked_j11

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

So I traded two games at one Meijer yesterday and it went ok.  Went back to that same Meijer today and sat there for about an hour to be completely declined.  So went down the street to another meijer with about 6 or 7 games and he accepted them all in one offer for about $230 so bought a $180 BB gift card leaving $50 on.  Went to BB next door bought 6 more games with the B2G1 kept 2 and traded in four all at once for a total of $200 + i still had $50 from last transaction.  Bought a Target giftcard for $250.  Went online used my registry to buy a battlefront ps4 bundle for only $20 out of pocket. Pretty awesome deal to me.

#210 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

Nope, it's 2 per name. You could go to 2 stores but your name will get flagged.