Name your Fav System, Game, & Current Gen Game.

buffdrew84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
And elaborate if you care to.

For me: Earthbound, i have never known exactly why but something about this game stuck with me and i am still playing it to this day (i bought it the day i came out!!)

i gotta go with the NES, just because it was my first system and i've never felt the same playing a game system as i did with the NES. I enjoyed games a lot more as a kid than i do now. I used to be able to play the same game over and over again and never get tired of it, but now i tire of games pretty fast.

favorite game ever: Either Super Mario Bros 3 or GTA 3... those are the two games that i've played the most.

For me it was GTA: Vice City. I never played GTA III, so Vice City was my first "sandbox" game, and I just had a stupid amount of fun just seeing what I could do. San Andreas was a great game, too, but the experience didn't have the same newness for me as VC.

Soul Calibur (DC) and Zelda: OoT are way, way up at the top of my list as well.

Favorite system would have to be NES. Till this day I still have that system hooked up and blowing in the carts to make them work.

Favorite game though would have to be Jumping Flash on the PS1. I spent hours on that game.

Just a question though.....where's the love for the Atari 2600 on your poll?? I still would have picked NES, but you never forget your first.

Man that's tough. Ill give you my top ten though.

Tie Fighter/X-wing
Half-Life
Pool of Radiance
Arctic Fox
Metroid 2 for GB
Planescape Torment
X-Com
Civ 3
Firearms
Super Mario World

I dunno but the halos are up there... maybe the best!

Along with the top is socom CS HL and zelda and goldeneye.

I forgot about n64 and i had one before i ever got a ps1. Whoops! Also it only lets me put 10 on the list, i wish i could add more.

It's either the Gamecube or SNES for me. I loved my NES but I think the SNES was better in every way possible. The Gamecube get the most play this generation and when I really start to think about all the great games I've played it might eke out ahead of the SNES... If only there were a Uniracers game for the GCN...

Oh, and favorite games are:

Tetris
Ms. Pac-man
Metroid Prime
A Link to the Past
God of War
Super Monkey Ball

I have to give it a split between the only 2 games I have ever played all the way through more than 5 times each.

Star Control 2 (Just finished it again about a week ago. ^_^)
and Castlevania : SOTN (I could listen to "Lost Painting" all day long...)

My Favorite System was the SNES. It introduced me to my two favorite genres: Fighting and RPGs. I had so much fun with that generation of gaming, much more than now.

My favorite game would definatly be Mega Man 2. I still hook it up even after all these years. It's the game I remember I was most excited about when I was a kid. I was such a dorky kid.

System, I chose the GameCube. Every title I pick uo for it has been fun, well-made, and worth the money spent.

Favorite game, though, goes to Front Mission 3. 4 was good, but there's something magical about stealing your enemies big, stompy mech that make me warm and fuzzy inside. Also, I'm an SRPG fan...so Disgaea gets my 2 spot, Final Fantasy Tactics gets 3, Front Mission 4 gets 4, and my rom of Front Mission gets 5 (now let's all take a guess as to what my favorite series might be).

I don't know if I have a favorite system, but I probably had the most fun playing games in the NES/SNES days. That had probably something to do with the fact that I didn't have jack else to worry about except for my high score. I wasn't as into gaming at the time so I was only really into the popular titles like Mario and such. My favorite games of that generation were the Contra games though. I could sit and plays Contra all day.

My favorite game of all time is probably still Metal Gear Solid. This generation it's got to be Devil May Cry, but playing the demo, God of War might take that crown away from good ol' Dante.

System: SNES for sure. Nintendo just had so many quality games and they were so damn fun.

Game?

Sega%20CD%20games.jpg

Hint: It ain't Compton's Encylcopedia.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mlseaton/CAG/Sega CD games.jpg

Oh I forgot the game part. I don't know how people lower it down to one game, it's so f'in hard. I can say my favorite Dreamcast game: Marvel vs Capcom 2.

I picked up FF9 from Blockbuster a few weeks ago and I've come to realize the PS1 is the greatest system of all time. FF7-9 are top 10 RPGs, SOTN is still the #1 side-scroller, Tekken 3 can still hang, some of the better console gun games, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 the #1 console puzzle game, Metal Gear Solid, Street Fighter Alpha 3, ... Just a huge number of games that hold up.

I consider the best of all time to be the current best, even if I played something a lot a long time ago if it's been surpassed then it can't be the best in any regard.

Anyway...
Favorite Game: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Favorite System: Playstation 2

Chrono Trigger for sure. Beat it like 10 times, and not the one where you go to the time machine at the very beginning and warp to the final boss. I had to search for all the cool endings.

Maniac Mansion (NES)

Honorable mentions:

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Super Mario 64
Silent Hill 2
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Earthbound
Resident Evil 2

This generation it has to be Ninja Five-O for reminding why I loved videogames in the first place.

Honorable mention (and I may stand alone here) is Culdcept. You don't know fun until you make a come back in 4 player brawl for all and the misery of everyone in the room hating you for the next week just for that.

Of all time (in my head anyway) would be Bubble Bobble, co-op gaming at its finest.

My favorite old, old school nastalgia system would be the Vectrex, it's been over 20 yrs since I've owned, seen, or even played one. I'd probably be underwhelmed if I played one today, but that system brings back some memories.

As for game, it would have to be Nights Into Dreams for the Sega Saturn. I know it's wishful thinking but, I always hold on to hope, that Sega will make a sequel or bring it back. I'm probably gonna get a used Saturn again just for that game.

Favorite game is probably Dragon Warrior for NES. I know it doesn't hold up well, but I loved it to death as a kid. Still beat it every year.

Some notables include:

Earthbound
Link to the Past
Bionic Commando
TMNT Turtles in Time

Favorite system was definately the Saturn. The SNES and DC are close, but I never had as much passion for gaming as I did with my Saturn, nor did I go out of my way for it through imports.

Favorite games: Chrono Trigger (some may argue it's not the best RPG, but to me it was the most fun) and X-Men vs. Street Fighter (having a real arcade perfect port made it worth the money).

PS2 is ranked higher than PS1? Wow, maybe there are more good games for it than I thought.

Anyways, favorite game is Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Great graphics, great gameplay, good story, and a blast to play...

My favorites are the NBA/NHL live series for Sega Genesis. Never have I so enjoyed playing games so endlessly. Of course, playing them against people is what made them the best.

Glitches and all, those games ruled.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles; I'm still obsesed over this game, I've beaten it completly at least twice a year since it's release. Honorable mentions go to RE2, FF7 and Zelda: ALTTP, all precious pieces of my childhood.

Im suprised that i am he only one that said earthbound is the greatest game of all time. I also changed the topic to Favorite system, Favorite all time game, and favorite current generation game.

Mine is: Snes
Earthbound
Resident Evil 4

Favorite system is the SNES (sheer mass and variety) PSone is a close second.

Favorite game is hard because it varies by genre...

RPG - Final Fantasy IX

Platformer - Yoshi's Island (SMW2)

Action RPG - Secret of Mana

Current Generation Game - Either Jak 2, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Onimusha 2 or RE 4.

I voted for the snes, it hosts some of my favorite games, final fantasy IV, final fantasy VI, Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer, Actraiser, Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, the Super Scope games, Street Fighter's, Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, where Breat of Fire originated, F-Zero, Super Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Piliot Wings and Earthbound... do I need to go on?

As for my favorite game, I would probally say Final Fantasy IV, with Chrono Trigger right behind it, but I have many a good mermory with games, I just wish I could find the love I once had for my games and play that way again :(

Console: SNES. Chrono Trigger, FF4/6, Secret of Mana...and the last console I enjoyed platformers at all (don't like the 3D collect-stuff platformers of today)

Game: Dragon Warrior IV. I still have our original cartridge of this (bought from my friend when he got a SNES), and I play it often. Chrono Trigger and the other SNES RPGs may be superior in most respects, but DWIV has a great chapter system (which they should do again, dammit!) and interesting characters, for a NES RPG.

Favorite console? PS2 for the sheer number of good games that I've enjoyed on the system. SNES is close, but there weren't all that many good games as I've found on the PS2.

Favorite Game? Crazy Taxi for the great soundtrack, fun as hell gameplay, great atmosphere, just an overall great game.

Favorite Current Gen. Game? This is close as hell. There's my favorite fighter in Budokai 3 that is one of the best fighters around, and Burnout 3 that's one of the best racers of this generation. There's Katamari Damacy that's definitely one of the most unique games around and a hell of a lot of fun. Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter represent the best platformers of this gen with Klonoa 2, Ape Escape 2, Sly Cooper, and others right behind them on the PS2. :D It's a tough choice and I'm not picking one to rule them all because they all deserve it.

I need more than 1 choice. Snes, cause its an awesome system. Xbox because of Live and some really good games for live. But another new favorite is PS2. I just played Devil May Cry and i am loving it.

Favorite system of all time: SNES

Favorite game of all time: FF7, with an honorable mention to the original Super Mario Bros.

Favorite current system: XBox. It's all about live.

Favorite current game: It's tossed up between Halo 2 and DOA: Ultimate.

SNES is the best system ever, hands down! I'm glad that many of you agree with me. The graphics are great (for 2D) and SNES has the best games ever made such as ffIII (or ffVI) and ffII (or ffIV), chrono trigger, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Sword of Mana, Zelda: Link to the Past, Donkey Kong, and Mario World --to name a few.

[quote name='Serahe']SNES is the best system ever, hands down! I'm glad that many of you agree with me. The graphics are great (for 2D) and SNES has the best games ever made such as ffIII (or ffVI) and ffII (or ffIV), chrono trigger, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Sword of Mana, Zelda: Link to the Past, Donkey Kong, and Mario World --to name a few.[/QUOTE]

Just want to say thanks for the PM, that was priceless. I don't think I've ever seen a funnier angry rant than that.

bread's done
Back