Tapatalk Notifications Disabled?

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
It seems that site notifications for users that browse the forum via Tapatalk were disabled as of the 9th, though there seems to be no posting or announcement of that fact were posted in here.   It took multiple emails to Tapatalk for that fact to come up and even that took multiple days for their response.

Could we have those notifications re-enabled?  I know it's a very useful feature to have when thread updates are posted, especially when it's a notification like a CE is available for purchase or an item goes back in-stock from being out of stock. 

Not sure why notifications would be disabled, though if an explanation to why, that at least would be helpful.

Tapatalk disabled them for one reason or another, we'll have to update to the latest version of the plugin but that involves making some edits to remove their link-breaking bullshit. About to board a plane to head back to the UK at the moment, I'll get on this when I get back. 

Tapatalk disabled them for one reason or another, we'll have to update to the latest version of the plugin but that involves making some edits to remove their link-breaking bullshit. About to board a plane to head back to the UK at the moment, I'll get on this when I get back.
John, that was a very quick response, greatly appreciated.

Their response when I emailed them was "https://www.cheapassgamer.com has disabled their notification via Tapatalk last week.", so they're saying that it was on this end that they were stopped. The guy who responded to me was named "Howdy Dong" :rofl:, from the email I sent them about the issue.

If you could get this un-broken, I would be very thankful, since it is a very useful function to keep up on site updates. If you need this guy's email that responded back to me, drop me a PM and I'll send it over to you.

I posted about this on the Tapatalk forum and they said the same thing about the plugin being disabled. Just confirming the issue.

I've figured out ways to keep updated on things here still, but it's way less convenient since the site broke my Tapatalk app.

John, that was a very quick response, greatly appreciated.

Their response when I emailed them was "https://www.cheapassgamer.com has disabled their notification via Tapatalk last week.", so they're saying that it was on this end that they were stopped. The guy who responded to me was named "Howdy Dong" :rofl:, from the email I sent them about the issue.

If you could get this un-broken, I would be very thankful, since it is a very useful function to keep up on site updates. If you need this guy's email that responded back to me, drop me a PM and I'll send it over to you.
They sent me an email telling me they disabled the notifications, along with about 30 other forum admins copied in the "To:" field. I'm working on the update today. (Just arrived back in the UK last night.)

[quote name="John" post="13104235" timestamp="1450261917"]They sent me an email telling me they disabled the notifications, along with about 30 other forum admins copied in the "To:" field. I'm working on the update today. (Just arrived back in the UK last night.)[/quote]
Sounds like they shut it off on their end. How dickish of them.

I guess the plugin CAG was using was out of date and they shut it off, with 30 other site owners. Least they could have done is send out the email with everyone BCC'd.

[quote name="shrike4242" post="13104502" timestamp="1450280363"]Sounds like they shut it off on their end. How dickish of them.I guess the plugin CAG was using was out of date and they shut it off, with 30 other site owners. Least they could have done is send out the email with everyone BCC'd.[/quote]
It's my understanding that you are correct. They did shut it off on their end, citing performance issues with the outdated plugin.

It's my understanding that you are correct. They did shut it off on their end, citing performance issues with the outdated plugin.
Sounds like they should have emailed those site owners in question, giving them until a specific date to update their plugin and after that date, it gets disabled. I'm guessing they just did the dickish route and just shut it off without notice.

I'm sure John will get things right before too long.

Still working on it. Can't just install the update as it breaks all the links in posts, so I'm having to make a lot of changes.

Still working on it. Can't just install the update as it breaks all the links in posts, so I'm having to make a lot of changes.
Thank you for the update. Sorry it's turning out to be such a PITA, though it is quite useful for forum navigation to have notifications working.

bread's done
Back