The Official 2016 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please follow this thread if you are into non gaming stuff too. A lot of the people that post here are very knowledgeable about a wide variety of items. I know I have learned a lot from other users and I thank them for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too old to yard sale. Limited space too. :(
Don't know if it's the lack of finds or old age, but I've been sleeping in more often on Saturday mornings. Also, after moving I realized I have way too much stuff already.

Been slowly going through boxes of stuff trying to decide what to keep. I think I'm going to do a combo of trade-ins and online sales to eliminate the bulk of what I have. While packing I stopped counting at 14 NES systems.

Technically a facebook find, but got the stuff in the picture for $40.  Listing popped up yesterday for $180 so I ignored it.  I saw it again 4 hours later and at some point the guy lowered it to $40.  There were already 5 people in line for it.  I got really lucky and the guy wanted to get rid of it immediately, but everyone else needed to wait until morning for pickup.  The guy lived a few blocks from me so I picked up last night.

I'm hoping to get out to more yard sales this year.  I didn't go out at all in 2015.

tumblr_o0dwihSy2Z1spket1o1_1280.jpg

$25. Not pictured Final Fantasy CIB and 4 crappy loose carts.

I see a lot of vets have retired from the Gsale forum.

2iucpcp.jpg

Awesome find on the DW stuff! I still need to grab them for my collection. I had a pretty great find today as well that included not one but TWO copies of Gotcha Force for the Gamecube. I'll post later after my phone charges.

So here's my score from yesterday, picked up for $110. It was from an estate sale where the sellers were just trying to clean out their entire house, but it wasn't a professional outfit. I emailed ahead and new they Wii and DS stuff, but when I got there I found a box brimming with Gamecube stuff, too. I nearly lost it when I saw Gotcha Force in there, but then I opened the case and found that it was empty. I started going through the rest of the games and saw there were a few empty cases, but I figured I'd keep them with the box until I could look around the rest of the house. So I grabbed the box and start poking around and eventually found a teenager's room. I spotted a GBA game on the desk and started rooting around in there, where I found games for the empty DS cases. Then I saw a CD case waaaay in the back of a drawer, which turned out to Gotcha Force! Content that I had found the game I checked out. When I got home I was laying everything out for a pic, and that's when I noticed there were actually TWO copies of GF. So yeah, great pick up and I'm really psyched to try GF.

Don't know if it's the lack of finds or old age, but I've been sleeping in more often on Saturday mornings. Also, after moving I realized I have way too much stuff already.

Been slowly going through boxes of stuff trying to decide what to keep. I think I'm going to do a combo of trade-ins and online sales to eliminate the bulk of what I have. While packing I stopped counting at 14 NES systems.
only 14 eh?

I didn't find many gaming items last year. I wonder if this year will be worse. Maybe more people are using Facebook or eBay for selling their games now...

Nice pickup on Gotcha Force. An incredibly fun game imo. I'm glad my brother picked it up a long time ago. And I'm really glad we didn't trade it during one of our Game Trade In "Purges"

It was really fun trying to collect all the Borgs, especially all the Transformers and Future Borgs. The Voice Acting is stupidly hilarious. 

only 14 eh?
I'm guesstimating at least 20. That's way too many. I picked up virtually all of them in bundles just to get the games when they were still dirt cheap.

I'll see if I can keep a tally on the total number of each console I have before I start getting rid of them.

Last year it was hard to find good deals on video games, or games in general. I may make it a goal to leave at an earlier time but that may not help much since I'm stuck with just Saturday, I work 8-5 weekdays.

I didn't really go out garage saling until October and even then, I didn't really put much of an effort. 

But since I exercise every day in the morning now, I'll put a bigger effort.

Found some good soundtracks for a dollar each at the local indoor flea market: Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Trespass (The Ice Cube/Ice-T flick).

Last year it was hard to find good deals on video games, or games in general. I may make it a goal to leave at an earlier time but that may not help much since I'm stuck with just Saturday, I work 8-5 weekdays.
Sadly live in the DMV area and everyone knows what stuff cost or overprice.

Picked up Evolution 2, Seaman, House of the Dead 2, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil 3 case and Tomb Raider case for $1.

Also got Nes and Snes controllers for $3

It's been a while, since I've posted anything (there have been finds though). Here's the first finds of the year for me! I calc'ed everything and the prices summed up to $67 (not too hefty). I have no idea, why I"m so hyped to play that Mosquito game, lol?! I don't know much about toys but, $7 seemed reasonable for two boxed old MegaMan toys. Oh, I also found 3 PS3 Call of Duty games but, I think I left them in the car (TBH I don't really GaF about those)

[attachment=19778:Harve.PNG]

[attachment=19779:Mosquito.PNG]

[attachment=19780:mega.PNG]

I doubt this year will be better for me, last year the only good thing I found was a snes with 2 boxed games (DK country, street fighter turbo) and 2 loose games (Super mario world and super off road) for $30

Got a Sega Genesis for five bucks... which I'd be more excited about if it weren't a friggin' mess inside. The RF shield is rusty as hell, making me wonder if I should just remove that part and throw it out. On/off switch is a mess, too. Once it's off, it stays off unless you open it up and throw the switch manually. It DOES work, but man is it a fixer-upper.

Looks like I might be getting back into buying and selling electronics a bit, though it will be cold here for a while. Lost my job last week due to a down-sizing in the company. Hopefully I'll have another graphic design job soon considering it pays pretty well.

Has anyone here tried selling on OfferUP?

These were from the Flea Market. I have a lot of competition here since RetroLiberty and a few other youtubers frequent it. Got these for about $26. The Sega Game in the case is Phantasy Star Online 2. Not shown are two Graphic Novels (Revenge of the Green Goblin and Batman Knightfall Part 3) and Pokemon Ranger.

Promptly traded in Pokemon Ranger and WWE All Stars to GS.

These were from the Flea Market. I have a lot of competition here since RetroLiberty and a few other youtubers frequent it. Got these for about $26. The Sega Game in the case is Phantasy Star Online 2. Not shown are two Graphic Novels (Revenge of the Green Goblin and Batman Knightfall Part 3) and Pokemon Ranger.

Promptly traded in Pokemon Ranger and WWE All Stars to GS.
Isn't that dude from the OC, how have the flea markets been in the OC lately I have been to them in almost a year+

Looks like I might be getting back into buying and selling electronics a bit, though it will be cold here for a while. Lost my job last week due to a down-sizing in the company. Hopefully I'll have another graphic design job soon considering it pays pretty well.

Has anyone here tried selling on OfferUP?
Sorry to hear that. Found out that hours being cut to 22 hours a week. Seems like many places are cutting back. Hope u land on your feet soon. No, havent heard of OfferUP. This is the first time

Isn't that dude from the OC, how have the flea markets been in the OC lately I have been to them in almost a year+
RetroLiberty are the OC youtubers. There are a few more but I don't know them.

Probably the same. More empty spaces than usual. More scanners, resellers, and collectors and such.

Sorry to hear that. Found out that hours being cut to 22 hours a week. Seems like many places are cutting back. Hope u land on your feet soon. No, havent heard of OfferUP. This is the first time
It's a mobile app similar to Craigslist, but people can display profile pictures/personal info. Doesn't seem as shady as Criagslist.

Got a great lot of old PC games at an auction house this past week. About 60 games total (mostly PC, but there were a few Dreamcast games).

$6 (just the highlights, all games were jewel case and disc, no big boxes sadly)

Battlespire (PC)

Daggetrfall (PC)

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (PC)

Metal Gear Solid (PC)

Crazy Taxi 1 + 2 (DC)

RE: Code Veronica (DC)

Wacky Races (DC)

Soul Calibur (DC)

Didn't even know Metal Gear Solid had a PC release!

Since there is no flea market thread I'll just post this here

Got persona4 dancing all night, contra shattered soldier and street fighter alpha 3 MAX for $8 total[attachment=20452:image.jpg]

Too lazy to take a picture of the other 2...

Guy selling the games also had some other decent ps1 games but I just took those 3 and ran since people were starting to crowd around.

Wouldve been hyped about that. For that price, I think you shouldve stayed and tried to get more. Unless you have people who are scummy and try to take it from your hands.

Cant really do anything once you called dibs

I missed 3 crazy lots on FB today. She sold pokemon games for $1 each, ds console $3, etc. Worst part is she asked me about some games a year ago and I gave her an honest evaluation. I hate people. It doesn't pay to be honest anymore. I should just post on her posts and let her know she got ripped off, but I will control myself.

I missed 3 crazy lots on FB today. She sold pokemon games for $1 each, ds console $3, etc. Worst part is she asked me about some games a year ago and I gave her an honest evaluation. I hate people. It doesn't pay to be honest anymore. I should just post on her posts and let her know she got ripped off, but I will control myself.
She probably didnt care that much and was glad to clean up.

Picked these up. Found out I missed out on some Gunpla from 2 weeks ago which is a shame. But I did tell them to hold any Gunpla they happen to find.

I actually found N64 stuff. Glad I kept following the signs. The seller was really nice and said the games were a dollar each. For that price, I might as well.

Managed to talk them into giving me the Gameboy Games and the Memory Cards for 2 for $1. All in all, everything was $13

First time going out for the year, only went to a few sales but I got some good stuff anyway.

[attachment=20593:IMG_5804.JPG]

:xbox: Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts,  :ps2: Fatal Frame, Devil May Cry 1, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, and Everquest Online Adventures all from the same sale. Paid $3 each. The top row of PS2 games is sealed.

Blue Stinger for Dreamcast was from another sale. Ridiculously grimy but only cost me a quarter.

Woke up early in the morning. Since I went Garage Saling last week, I decided to hit up the Flea Market since it's been a while. Wasn't in the mood to buy much, was mainly there for the exercise. lol. 

Picked up Steam Boy and Ready 2 Rumble for a buck a piece. Picked up Sonic for $4 for the hell of it. Been wanting it for a while. Bought Wii Sports for $5. When I went to check the disc, turns out Mario Kart Wii was in there. Probably was the highlight of my trip. :lol:

Maybe the next time I go to the Flea Market, I'm more in the mood to buy stuff. While I was there, I saw two sellers being forced to pack up and leave. I guess they didn't pay rent.

Went to one sale today saw a buy had a Wii system for sale with a Wii Fit Board for $60

Came with 3 controllers and 3 games. Mario Kart, MX vs ATV, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. I also saw TMNT for PS2. He said each game was a $1, I didnt want the Wii Fit Board. I got him down to $40, so system all hookups and 4 games for $40

I'll either keep it or give it my nieces  

Picked up another Wii today for $10, no sensor bar or games. Buts in better shape then the other one. I also got a Fat ps2 with a network adapter for $5

PS2 doesnt read discs

Tested both Wiis, they work as a bonus the one from Sat came with a copy of Mario Super Sluggers in the Drive and when I opened the Mario and Sonic case, it was a copy of Mario Kart Wii

Decent value day, although the competition is getting worse each yard sell season.

Ended up with

Complete Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - $5

Shenmue complete - $7

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City PS3 - $3

Call of Duty Black Ops PS3 - $3

1996 Final Fantasy Keychains, set of 5 - $4

1997 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3 figure set - $4

PS2 Fat with accessories in excellent shape - $10

The Final Fantasy keychains are worth $15 apiece and the Zelda figures look to sell for $20 apiece.  They really look nice in my game room.  I've been looking for a complete Twin Snakes for awhile so that was nice addition. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back