Bing Rewards Members Get $25 when you purchase a $100 digital gift card

KansasCityKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Microsoft has a special offer for Bing Rewards members. Buy a $100 digital gift card for Xbox and Windows and we will send you $25 for the latest apps, games, music, movies, and more.

Buy a digital gift card.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/digital-gift-cards

Spend $100 on them, get $25 for you. Here's how it works:

1. Check out our digital gift guide and see how digital gift cards are perfect for everyone on your list.

2. Buy a $100 digital gift card** between now and midnight, December 20*** to finish up your holiday shopping.

3. We'll send you a $25 redeemable code before Christmas Day to buy apps, games, music, movies and more for Xbox and Windows (and we promise to send by Christmas!). Stock up on all the holiday classics!

*$25 promotional gift to be redeemed for Xbox and Windows digital content, cannot be exchanged for cash value. Must be redeemed within 90 days of delivery and expires 90 days after redemption. 
**Offer limited to five $100 digital gift card purchases per person. 
***Offer valid in United States only between December 17, 2015 to December 20, 2015 expiring at midnight PST. $25 promotional gift will be delivered by email up to one week after offer. Supply is limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually promo codes expire.  But you usually get at least a year to redeem them.

I'm torn.  This + the $30 i got from the Xbox Rewards could easily fund almost all of my digital purchases next year... 

just got mine in email also, only tempting if they have a big sale soon.
I got mine too. The only thing I am worried about is that when you check out it states "the credit is automatically added to the recipients msn account." From what I understand, you can't send it to the email associated with your Bing rewards account, so I'm not sure it would work for me. Instead of sending a code, the small print says "automatically added to customers MSN account". Has anyone tried it out yet? I suppose the best way to do it might be to have a friend buy one for you, and then you buy one for them. Hmmm...

I think it's a $25 gift card that has to be redeemed to your account by that date, not a $25 discount code. But I'm not sure.
It is a $25 card, but it does expire in 90 days. Small print says "if not redeemed, code expires in 90 days. Credit also expires 90 days after purchase".

hm... I'm a Bing Rewards Member (at least I think I am... I get the emails from them) and Xbox Live Gold, but haven't gotten an email about this. Last one I got was yesterday with the title "XXXX, shop 'til you drop" about Microsoft Edge. The link at the top just takes me to the gift card page with no mention of the $25 bonus.

Does the $100 ever expire? I remember being annoyed having to use up all the xbox $$$ that had converted from the xbox live points and grabbing random stuff I was only mildly interested in since they were expiring. I haven't bought any more xbox money since then. Now I want some for the Battlefront Season Pass. 

hm... I'm a Bing Rewards Member (at least I think I am... I get the emails from them) and Xbox Live Gold, but haven't gotten an email about this. Last one I got was yesterday with the title "XXXX, shop 'til you drop" about Microsoft Edge. The link at the top just takes me to the gift card page with no mention of the $25 bonus.

Does the $100 ever expire? I remember being annoyed having to use up all the xbox $$$ that had converted from the xbox live points and grabbing random stuff I was only mildly interested in since they were expiring. I haven't bought any more xbox money since then. Now I want some for the Battlefront Season Pass.
The $100 wont expire, the $25 will. You can check when everything will expire at billing.microsoft.com

Do I have to do something special to get the promotion? I don't see where it says you get 25 anywhere, is the deal dead?

Doesn't appear to be available for me, either, although I haven't kept up with Bing rewards in a long time (though I should, for all of those free Amazon gift cards). Thanks for the heads up, either way.

So yea I Want to do this but can anyone confirm that this works for all Bing rewards members? Do we have to get an email telling us about it? Do we have to be gold? Really dont want to get a 100 dollar gift card only to find out I dont get this bonus.

Has a+nyone tried this that hasn't gotten an email telling them about the deal?
I went through the process and I didn't get any indication that I would be receiving $25 back so I did not finish the transaction. I am a longtime Bing rewards member, currently Gold status and have not received the email. Looks like you need to have been sent the email, which stinks. I was going to buy FO4 season pass, pre-order Unravel and see if any countdown to new years game tickled my fancy.

I went through the process and I didn't get any indication that I would be receiving $25 back so I did not finish the transaction. I am a longtime Bing rewards member, currently Gold status and have not received the email. Looks like you need to have been sent the email, which stinks. I was going to buy FO4 season pass, pre-order Unravel and see if any countdown to new years game tickled my fancy.
Gotcha, Yea I want to use the 25 ti get Rainbow Six but this is way too risky without any confirmation.

Did anyone get the $25 credit yet? I took the chance since I got the e-mail offer and figured I could do a customer service chat if they never give the bonus. They did say BEFORE Christmas (they promised), so tomorrow would be the last day.

Still no $25 bonus credit. I don't see this ending well with only 8 hours to go. ....and they promised too!

I couldn't find an e-mail to contact, but Microsoft Store says they have 24/7 customer support at 1-877-696-7786 or if you go to the website during business hours a text support chat window eventually pops up.

I'll try tomorrow since I don't have the time to sit on hold right now.

UPDATE: Called customer service and they said it always takes 10 business days after the order for bonus gift cards to be credited (even though the e-mail said by Dec. 25). I'm sure it was just their standard protocol answer.

So now I'll just wait until Jan. 2 so they can't use the 10 business day excuse next time.

Sent an email last week - they replied asking a bunch of questions and then they said they would "research" it...and nothing since.  Apparently it takes them over a week to look up one of their own promotions - I'll remember not to buy from them in the future.

Sent an email last week - they replied asking a bunch of questions and then they said they would "research" it...and nothing since. Apparently it takes them over a week to look up one of their own promotions - I'll remember not to buy from them in the future.
I am having the same exact experience but before then I was bounced around between support teams. I now know to never use a bing rewards promotion again.

UPDATE: Contacted them again and was on customer support chat for over an HOUR, before they finally gave the "escalate this concern to our higher level of support or to my superior and I will personally monitor and update you thru email and this usually takes 24 to 72 hours " answer.

Not keeping my hopes up, but everyone should continue to keep contacting them so they get enough complaints to finally do something. I suggest just do text chat support while you're on your computer doing other stuff so you're not completely wasting your time.

UPDATE: I finally received my $25 bonus credit with some persistence with text support, and a very polite and accommodating employee. If you have a copy of the e-mail offer and order information as evidence, it will definitely help. No one there knew anything about their own promo. Try to stay polite, calm, and reasonable. Be prepared to stay on text support an hour or more, so do other stuff on your computer while on hold between messages. It will definitely take time and might be more trouble than it's worth, so decide how much you want to pursue it and good luck.

If you don't know how to text chat, click on the "Talk to an expert" link on the right side of the page. Most of the time a text chat pops up by itself when you first enter the website.

Tried the "talk to an expert" and I got the "case has been escalated and need to wait 48hrs." line - this is frustrating.

GunstarRed - thanks for all your help with this!

bread's done
Back