- - - - -

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $19.99 + $5 gift card at Target (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital)

star wars force awakens

#1 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

:br: http://www.target.co...hd/-/A-50534650

Was originally $24.99 now down to $19.99 as of 1/6.

Release date TBA. Currently $29.99 $24.99 @ Best Buy

#2 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:05 AM

Steelbook or no deal!

#3 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:46 AM

Yup...this one I want a steelbook for from BB.  I know some will wait for the ultra special collector series version in a few years but I am not that patient, haha.

#4 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12020 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:09 AM

Steelbook with 3D please.

#5 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

I'm torn I want a steelbook but I bought the rest digitally so I kinda  want just this one to be too

#6 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

That's so quick, lol.  Movie literally just came out.

Anyway, gonna see what other deals and version of this movie come out before determining where I buy from.

#7 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5762 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Knowing Disney they'll do exactly what happened with OZ Great and powerful and make the 3D separate from regular version. I hope not but can see it happening since Disney will milk this for every penny it's worth.

#8 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5762 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Zavvi has the steelbook up for pre-order

http://m.zavvi.com/b...k/11216153.html

#9 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:15 AM

never preordered from Target before, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

#10 Bluecomputerpro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Bluecomputerpro

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

That's so quick, lol. Movie literally just came out.

Yeah superfast.. the preorder was on walmart shelf the morning it hit the theaters. Talk about getting your attention while you wallet is out.

#11 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

never preordered from Target before, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

When am I charged for a pre-order?

You’ll be charged when your order ships. When you place a pre-order, Target sends an authorization hold request to your card issuer. If the card issuer allows the authorization hold to expire, Target may resubmit the authorization hold request. Depending on the item’s release date, you may see several authorization holds for the same item. Please note that authorization holds are not actual posted charges. They are temporary and will eventually expire and drop off your account. If at any point during the pre-order process an authorization hold request fails, Target automatically cancels the order.

#12 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

When am I charged for a pre-order?

You’ll be charged when your order ships. When you place a pre-order, Target sends an authorization hold request to your card issuer. If the card issuer allows the authorization hold to expire, Target may resubmit the authorization hold request. Depending on the item’s release date, you may see several authorization holds for the same item. Please note that authorization holds are not actual posted charges. They are temporary and will eventually expire and drop off your account. If at any point during the pre-order process an authorization hold request fails, Target automatically cancels the order.

also with target yes it only a pre auth

but i have noticed on anything i ever pre order from there that they will preauthorize your card for the full amount on average about once every 10 days until release. And if at anytime there not enough to cover one those pre auths the pre order is canceled without warning. 

so it not a one time pre auth it is a almost weekly pre auth cycle until release

#13 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12020 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

also with target yes it only a pre auth

but i have noticed on anything i ever pre order from there that they will preauthorize your card for the full amount on average about once every 10 days until release. And if at anytime there not enough to cover one those pre auths the pre order is canceled without warning. 

so it not a one time pre auth it is a almost weekly pre auth cycle until release

Yep so be careful if you are doing a long preorder especially if you are using a checking account or a low credit limit credit card.

#14 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7117 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:36 PM

It would be cool if the movie came with the novelization as well, considering Target still sells books.

#15 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

Release date announced April 5th in North America

#16 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

Yep so be careful if you are doing a long preorder especially if you are using a checking account or a low credit limit credit card.

Or have a card, like a RedCard, that might get a new number when it's swapped for a card with a chip in it.

#17 Patcher  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

Release date announced April 5th in North America

Best post on this site. I may for the first time preorder a movie.

#18 tranceFusion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

tranceFusion

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

Looks like target's price has dropped to 19.99 and you still get the gift card. Shipping is $4.00 if you don't spend $25, but free if you have a red card.

#19 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

Looks like target's price has dropped to 19.99 and you still get the gift card. Shipping is $4.00 if you don't spend $25, but free if you have a red card.

That is much more tempting but wish you could do store pickup. Target shipping tends to be slow for movies for me and this is one I will want to watch at release.

#20 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

That is much more tempting but wish you could do store pickup. Target shipping tends to be slow for movies for me and this is one I will want to watch at release.

Steelbook or bust on this one. 

Also, is this the 3D one or the 2D one?  Target's not been much on 3D movies or recent, so I'd expect this to be 2D.

#21 tranceFusion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

tranceFusion

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

Is there actually a Steelbook announced at this point or are people holding out assuming it will be released eventually?

#22 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

Is there actually a Steelbook announced at this point or are people holding out assuming it will be released eventually?

Nothing's been announced yet, though as they had them for movies 1 - 6, it makes sense there will be one for TFA.

#23 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:51 PM

Also, is this the 3D one or the 2D one? Target's not been much on 3D movies or recent, so I'd expect this to be 2D.

Oh yeah, steelbook is preferred. Just saying it isn't a terrible backup option with the $5 GC in case BB doesn't come through with a steelbook preorder.

#24 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

No need for a steelbook for me so I reordered at $18.99 (REDcard price) + $5 Gift Card

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

Also, is this the 3D one or the 2D one?  Target's not been much on 3D movies or recent, so I'd expect this to be 2D.

I haven't even seen the 3D version available for pre-order anywhere, starting to question if it's even going to come out.

I haven't been following it (didn't care for the movie, it felt like a remake of the original, only the rewrite was handled by a bunch of feminists) so I may have missed it somewhere. Then again, considering how pre-order crazy this movie has been, it does feel damning to not see the 3D version available anywhere.  Given Disney's history I don't have a clue what to expect lol.

#26 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:35 AM

Knowing Disney they'll do exactly what happened with OZ Great and powerful and make the 3D separate from regular version. I hope not but can see it happening since Disney will milk this for every penny it's worth.

At the time of release, they made it so if you bought the 2D version and wanted a 3D copy, you could pay them 5.99 for the 3D version.  I think they learned not to do that again as they haven't released anything like that since.

#27 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

I haven't even seen the 3D version available for pre-order anywhere, starting to question if it's even going to come out.

I haven't been following it (didn't care for the movie, it felt like a remake of the original, only the rewrite was handled by a bunch of feminists) so I may have missed it somewhere. Then again, considering how pre-order crazy this movie has been, it does feel damning to not see the 3D version available anywhere.  Given Disney's history I don't have a clue what to expect lol.

Also haven't seen a DVD only version and you know that's coming.  DVD is up for preorder in other regions.

#28 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5762 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

At the time of release, they made it so if you bought the 2D version and wanted a 3D copy, you could pay them 5.99 for the 3D version. I think they learned not to do that again as they haven't released anything like that since.

Yeah I bought the 2D version and sent off for the 3D disc. Let's hope they learned from the past.

#29 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

I could never understand Disney's pattern of failing to release a 3D bluray for their biggest box-office hits. They didn't release a 3D bluray for Frozen but they have no problem releasing it for just about every title since except for Big Hero 6.

If it's true they won't be coming out with a 3D release of the new Star Wars movie, I won't be buying the 2D no matter how great the movie is and will wait for a good deal in the UK which is the only place to get a good deal on Disney bluray titles.

#30 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

Even if it does come out in 3d, it will be 60 dollars, right?

Glad to see youre still around spouting off bullshit, showing yourself to be a male chauvinist pig.