Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $19.99 + $5 gift card at Target (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital)

Yup...this one I want a steelbook for from BB.  I know some will wait for the ultra special collector series version in a few years but I am not that patient, haha.

That's so quick, lol.  Movie literally just came out.

Anyway, gonna see what other deals and version of this movie come out before determining where I buy from.

Knowing Disney they'll do exactly what happened with OZ Great and powerful and make the 3D separate from regular version. I hope not but can see it happening since Disney will milk this for every penny it's worth.

never preordered from Target before, do they charge when it ships or when I order?
When am I charged for a pre-order?

You’ll be charged when your order ships. When you place a pre-order, Target sends an authorization hold request to your card issuer. If the card issuer allows the authorization hold to expire, Target may resubmit the authorization hold request. Depending on the item’s release date, you may see several authorization holds for the same item. Please note that authorization holds are not actual posted charges. They are temporary and will eventually expire and drop off your account. If at any point during the pre-order process an authorization hold request fails, Target automatically cancels the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
never preordered from Target before, do they charge when it ships or when I order?

When am I charged for a pre-order?

You’ll be charged when your order ships. When you place a pre-order, Target sends an authorization hold request to your card issuer. If the card issuer allows the authorization hold to expire, Target may resubmit the authorization hold request. Depending on the item’s release date, you may see several authorization holds for the same item. Please note that authorization holds are not actual posted charges. They are temporary and will eventually expire and drop off your account. If at any point during the pre-order process an authorization hold request fails, Target automatically cancels the order.
also with target yes it only a pre auth

but i have noticed on anything i ever pre order from there that they will preauthorize your card for the full amount on average about once every 10 days until release. And if at anytime there not enough to cover one those pre auths the pre order is canceled without warning.

so it not a one time pre auth it is a almost weekly pre auth cycle until release

also with target yes it only a pre auth

but i have noticed on anything i ever pre order from there that they will preauthorize your card for the full amount on average about once every 10 days until release. And if at anytime there not enough to cover one those pre auths the pre order is canceled without warning.

so it not a one time pre auth it is a almost weekly pre auth cycle until release
Yep so be careful if you are doing a long preorder especially if you are using a checking account or a low credit limit credit card.

Looks like target's price has dropped to 19.99 and you still get the gift card. Shipping is $4.00 if you don't spend $25, but free if you have a red card.

Looks like target's price has dropped to 19.99 and you still get the gift card. Shipping is $4.00 if you don't spend $25, but free if you have a red card.
That is much more tempting but wish you could do store pickup. Target shipping tends to be slow for movies for me and this is one I will want to watch at release.

That is much more tempting but wish you could do store pickup. Target shipping tends to be slow for movies for me and this is one I will want to watch at release.
Steelbook or bust on this one.

Also, is this the 3D one or the 2D one? Target's not been much on 3D movies or recent, so I'd expect this to be 2D.

Also, is this the 3D one or the 2D one? Target's not been much on 3D movies or recent, so I'd expect this to be 2D.
Oh yeah, steelbook is preferred. Just saying it isn't a terrible backup option with the $5 GC in case BB doesn't come through with a steelbook preorder.

I haven't even seen the 3D version available for pre-order anywhere, starting to question if it's even going to come out.

I haven't been following it (didn't care for the movie, it felt like a remake of the original, only the rewrite was handled by a bunch of feminists) so I may have missed it somewhere. Then again, considering how pre-order crazy this movie has been, it does feel damning to not see the 3D version available anywhere. Given Disney's history I don't have a clue what to expect lol.

Last edited:
Knowing Disney they'll do exactly what happened with OZ Great and powerful and make the 3D separate from regular version. I hope not but can see it happening since Disney will milk this for every penny it's worth.
At the time of release, they made it so if you bought the 2D version and wanted a 3D copy, you could pay them 5.99 for the 3D version. I think they learned not to do that again as they haven't released anything like that since.

I haven't even seen the 3D version available for pre-order anywhere, starting to question if it's even going to come out.

I haven't been following it (didn't care for the movie, it felt like a remake of the original, only the rewrite was handled by a bunch of feminists) so I may have missed it somewhere. Then again, considering how pre-order crazy this movie has been, it does feel damning to not see the 3D version available anywhere. Given Disney's history I don't have a clue what to expect lol.
Also haven't seen a DVD only version and you know that's coming. DVD is up for preorder in other regions.

At the time of release, they made it so if you bought the 2D version and wanted a 3D copy, you could pay them 5.99 for the 3D version. I think they learned not to do that again as they haven't released anything like that since.
Yeah I bought the 2D version and sent off for the 3D disc. Let's hope they learned from the past.

I could never understand Disney's pattern of failing to release a 3D bluray for their biggest box-office hits. They didn't release a 3D bluray for Frozen but they have no problem releasing it for just about every title since except for Big Hero 6.

If it's true they won't be coming out with a 3D release of the new Star Wars movie, I won't be buying the 2D no matter how great the movie is and will wait for a good deal in the UK which is the only place to get a good deal on Disney bluray titles.

Even if it does come out in 3d, it will be 60 dollars, right?

Glad to see youre still around spouting off bullshit, showing yourself to be a male chauvinist pig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never understand Disney's pattern of failing to release a 3D bluray for their biggest box-office hits. They didn't release a 3D bluray for Frozen but they have no problem releasing it for just about every title since except for Big Hero 6.

If it's true they won't be coming out with a 3D release of the new Star Wars movie, I won't be buying the 2D no matter how great the movie is and will wait for a good deal in the UK which is the only place to get a good deal on Disney bluray titles.
Pixar and marvel movies came out in 3D so based on those, SW might come in 3D as well.

Don't worry, it wasn't that great anyways. People are just hyped now..... I remember the discussions about how great Phantom Menace was when it first came out too.

Granted this one wasn't PM bad, but it was extremely derivative to the point of tedium. I think most of the problems were due to extremely lazy writing where it feels like huge chunks of the past movies were literally copy/pasted. If you've seen A New Hope, you've seen a much better version of this movie already.

Last edited:
Don't worry, it wasn't that great anyways. People are just hyped now..... I remember the discussions about how great Phantom Menace was when it first came out too.

Granted this one wasn't PM bad, but it was extremely derivative to the point of tedium. I think most of the problems were due to extremely lazy writing where it feels like huge chunks of the past movies were literally copy/pasted. If you've seen A New Hope, you've seen a much better version of this movie already.
I'm probably one of the few who hasn't seen it in theaters yet who have a strong interest in Star Wars. After hearing the bluray could possibly come out in April, I could wait a few months if I could add it to my video collection. Given how much money the movie has made, I would have thought the movie to be tremendous. But, of course, films like Avatar and Jurassic World made loads of money too but they are not among my top movies.

bread's done
Back