- - - - -

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $19.99 + $5 gift card at Target (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital)

star wars force awakens

#31 XenoNinjaX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

XenoNinjaX

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

I could never understand Disney's pattern of failing to release a 3D bluray for their biggest box-office hits. They didn't release a 3D bluray for Frozen but they have no problem releasing it for just about every title since except for Big Hero 6.

If it's true they won't be coming out with a 3D release of the new Star Wars movie, I won't be buying the 2D no matter how great the movie is and will wait for a good deal in the UK which is the only place to get a good deal on Disney bluray titles.

Pixar and marvel movies came out in 3D so based on those, SW might come in 3D as well.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

I could never understand Disney's pattern of failing to release a 3D bluray for their biggest box-office hits. They didn't release a 3D bluray for Frozen but they have no problem releasing it for just about every title since except for Big Hero 6.

If it's true they won't be coming out with a 3D release of the new Star Wars movie, I won't be buying the 2D no matter how great the movie is and will wait for a good deal in the UK which is the only place to get a good deal on Disney bluray titles.

Don't worry, it wasn't that great anyways.  People are just hyped now..... I remember the discussions about how great Phantom Menace was when it first came out too.

Granted this one wasn't PM bad, but it was extremely derivative to the point of tedium.  I think most of the problems were due to extremely lazy writing where it feels like huge chunks of the past movies were literally copy/pasted.  If you've seen A New Hope, you've seen a much better version of this movie already.

#33 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

Don't worry, it wasn't that great anyways. People are just hyped now..... I remember the discussions about how great Phantom Menace was when it first came out too.

Granted this one wasn't PM bad, but it was extremely derivative to the point of tedium. I think most of the problems were due to extremely lazy writing where it feels like huge chunks of the past movies were literally copy/pasted. If you've seen A New Hope, you've seen a much better version of this movie already.

I'm probably one of the few who hasn't seen it in theaters yet who have a strong interest in Star Wars. After hearing the bluray could possibly come out in April, I could wait a few months if I could add it to my video collection. Given how much money the movie has made, I would have thought the movie to be tremendous. But, of course, films like Avatar and Jurassic World made loads of money too but they are not among my top movies.